Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I use pheromone for middle rarity species?

sinnae

Question

Just started conservation in earnest this week. Have captured countless of the most common tier and rarest tier of all species, still missing a ton of the "middle rarity" ones.

So, should I be using pheromones for the middle rarity species or not? It feels like all I get when I use them is the highest tier.

10 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, sinnae said:

Just started conservation in earnest this week. Have captured countless of the most common tier and rarest tier of all species, still missing a ton of the "middle rarity" ones.

So, should I be using pheromones for the middle rarity species or not? It feels like all I get when I use them is the highest tier.

No.

I found last week that I was not getting any tier 2 or 3 animals when doing my 25k rep capturing Kubrodons. After the most recent hot fix it seems to be back to "normal" with at least 1 tier 2 and 3 animal appearing for every 10-15 captures.

Just grind away and hope RNG is on your side.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

• Like 2

Hmm, I'm going to err on the side of not using pheromone when hunting uncommon (middle tier) floofs...it felt like 100% of my pheromone captures were of the rarest kind. So really, it feels like uncommon tier is actually the rarest. 

• Like 1

I got to 17 back-to-back common captures before giving up and going to bed last night. Before that, I used 10 or so pheromones with no uncommon. You'd think they'd make the ratios something like 2/3 common 1/3 uncommon but it feels like 99% common 1% uncommon for a pheromone-less capture. Hurts my soul.

16 hours ago, sinnae said:

I haven't found the best answer to this either. All I know from getting all the tags I need from PoE conservation, I didn't use it for uncommon. I think I was like 1 out of 10 were uncommon when I used the pheromone. I was more like 3 or 4 out of 10 uncommon for not using it.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

By way of an update. Did my daily 25k rep yesterday doing Kubrodon captures. Got 3 x tier 2 and 1 x tier 3 animals before reaching the 25k rep daily limit, (always perfect captures).

this was with the pheromone?

21 hours ago, sinnae said:

this was with the pheromone?

No.

Also, again yesterday, when doing my 25k rep with always perfect captures of kubrodon I had, tier 2, tier 3, tier 1, tier 1, tier 3, tier 1, 25k rep reached.

I use Loki Prime and go invis immediately after hearing response to 2nd call. I equip tranq rifle, scope out kubrodon, jump / run close to kubrodon, tranq x 2, scan for easy cemaris rep, make capture, still all whilst invis.

the captures themselves have been going smoothly w ivara, took me ~10 horrasques (no pheromone) before i finally got the last swimmer horrasque i needed to complete my floof collection

thank you guys all for your input and help

Edited by sinnae