The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loadout slots questions

Tenno76856

Question

Hi

Each weapon and warframe has 3 loadout slots by default. Maybe im missing something, but is that it?. Maybe im reading it wrong but going up mr level sometimes gives you +1 loadout slot but am i reading it wrong?. If so how are extra ones accessed?. Might be a dumbass question (embarrassing really haha).

4 answers to this question

The abc loadout are for mods. Like if you want one build for each of the bane mods without switching. Some warframes also have separate mod loadouts to focus on different powers based on situations.

the loadouts you get from mr level ups are not mod loadouts. They let you set frame and weapons as a group together. Your favored mod loadout for a frame would also be remembered in that loadout. So you can have a bless trin loadout and an energy vampire loadout using the same frame, but where you don’t have to change anything when you do a quick switch. 

Edit. Your appearance tab has 3 options (abc) for each frame  as well. So if you have a set of colors you like you can mess around in a different tab on the same frame without messing your favored one up. 

Edited by Gibsonx

6 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

Each weapon and warframe has 3 loadout slots by default.

Those are Mod / Appearance configurations, Loadouts are a different thing
and accessed at the top left in the Arsenal / bottom right in Navigation.

Loadouts are great to switch on the fly (see Navigation), you can go from, say,
Excal using Mod config A and Appearance config B, and a Braton using B Mods and C Appearance
[and the same options for the rest of your weapons / Companion / lol Quest spoiler thing]
to Mag using C and A configs, with a B / B Boltor, and what not, all with just a few clicks.

And now that you can sort Loadouts by name, organizing them became a lot easier (still, why not simply drag & drop, DE pls)
as you can just use numbering systems as part of the name to keep them sorted / switch them around.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 1

Yeah Load Out slots are super helpful.   You can swap between  one frame/weapon/companion/focus school to an entirely different frame/weapon/companion/focus school with a few button clicks at the arsenal.   Really each of your warframes should have its own loadout slot.

To MAKE them you have your first loadout slot you have been using.  While you are in the arsenal open up the one menu and you will see the option to "duplicate loadout/ slot"  and "buy new loadout slot".   What you wanna do is Duplicate your loadout as many times as you are able.  Then learn how to switch between them.  Then you can assign frames/weapons/companions/focus schools to each (NOT AMPS,  amps do not get saved with loadouts sadly so keep that in mind when going eido hunting.  I usually have a fun amp equipped lol).   Then you can Rename all the loadout slots so you know exactly what they have.   AKA just call them by what warframe you have in each..   Ty to put your most used warframes at the top of the list.

I do not have enough slots for all my warframes lol....you might want to buy some extra.  You only get 1 new slot for every 2 MR.   

----------------------------------------------------

You cant mess anything up.  You can easily fix or adjust loadouts to be anything you want them to be.   I doubt ANYONE else will do this....  But be careful what atmospheric gun you have equipped when you duplicate slots.   My first atmo gun was velocitus and I duped alot of slots with that weapon equipped.   So now when im hopping around between frames I go to pull out an atmo gun to have some fun and they have the wrong gun equipped..   I'd rather have the Imp or fluctus.   

I have yet to go in and fix all my loadouts and get rid of velocitus lmao...  

Based on Atmo guns... I think your loadout slots remember everything in your vehicle tab.   So its completely possible to save different archwings and K-drives to each loadout slot lol.   Crazy to do, but hey its an option lol.   The k-drive one sounds like a fun thing to do.