Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan rant (MR 18)

StanaCampe

I treasure the current clan system. It' basically my personal minecraft server. Besides using it as my base (autistic ocd levels of decorations, even corridors are at maximum capacity), I run this system around the idea of "freeware". My clan is named "Gymnasium" and if i sit in recruit and see somebody "Looking for a clan with full research" - i just throw an invite at them. In motd its explained that its more of a dojo than a clan. The only right these members have is to freely invite others. So people can grab whatever and stay however. It's an event if somebody uses a clan chat.  I even have a dude that been using my gym for a second year now - spoke with him once or twice. But i'm happy with how the things are, mechanically.

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

But you literally expect to be able to waltz in and have everyone who has contributed to the dojo do that for you. 

Yes, and throwing a hissyfit when they don't do what you want. Also demanding that you be allowed immediate access to their resources, while refusing to contribute of your own. 

Neither was I. And I definitely wasn't MR 18 at the time. But the funny thing about resources, is that we get them just from playing the game. Took quite a while to get to where I am now, and will take quite a bit of time to finish everything else that needs doing to have a bare-floor dojo. I made mistakes along the way, and learned from the experience. 

You could do it if you wanted, but you don't even want to consider contributing to the clan that you are in, so I doubt that you will ever be down for making a dojo. And if you did, I somehow get the impression that you wouldn't let people just join, take what they want without contributing and leave. 

Yup, because even before our first interaction you posted the very first post on the thread, which informed me of just what you are and aren't willing to do, and what your attitude towards your clans has been thus far. I didn't need to assume that you were displaying a pretty toxic entitled attitude towards your clans, because you told everyone who wanted to read. If you are curious, just take a long hard look at what you wrote and have continued to write. 

LMAO dude, I'm literally just typing "H [RELIC] [RELIC RANK]" on clan chat, i'm not PMing anyone, i'm not demanding anything, i'm just *asking*, and if people are in, cool! If i don't get replies, i either propose something entirely different in the same way, or i just go do something else, if my interests don't match the clan's, that's ok, that is why i'm ranting HERE and not on clan chat, i'm also writing "rant" to let people know i'm complaining and if they don't want to hear that, that's ok, they are free to ignore me. So what the #*!% did i do wrong again?

Suggesting me to make a clan of my own would be a good idea, but you forget that the only value i see in clans is the research, and i after i get that, nothing's left, so i'm not going to make sacrifices for something i don't care about in the first place, especially when there's content i don't have that i care more about than clans.

I get why you can't just admit you're wrong: you are basing all your false assumptions about me on another false assumption, i get it, it's very important to LOOK like you know you what you're talking about, but the FACT is nobody has ever compared me to a child looking for the equivalent of daycare in my current clan the first time we talked or said anything like that to me, and almost all the suggestions made on this thread as an answer to my rant were made in a very polite way, and kudos to the people offering invites and to everyone who is ACTUALLY BEING HELPHUL, because i'm sure they all know that assuming the worst about people, is a VERY bad way to start a conversation with someone.

"if you're going to keep being a condescending A******, please just #*!% off, nobody needs you" i stand completely by what i said, and i'm not even somebody who is afraid of eating his own words which is a statement you'll most likely dismiss as you keep doing when i tell you i'm not as toxic as you think i am, because you are just that bad.

1 minute ago, StanaCampe said:

LMAO dude, I'm literally just typing "H [RELIC] [RELIC RANK]" on clan chat, i'm not PMing anyone, i'm not demanding anything, i'm just *asking*, and if people are in, cool! If i don't get replies, i either propose something entirely different in the same way, or i just go do something else, if my interests don't match the clan's, that's ok, that is why i'm ranting HERE and not on clan chat, i'm also writing "rant" to let people know i'm complaining and if they don't want to hear that, that's ok, they are free to ignore me. So what the #*!% did i do wrong again?

Suggesting me to make a clan of my own would be a good idea, but you forget that the only value i see in clans is the research, and i after i get that, nothing's left, so i'm not going to make sacrifices for something i don't care about in the first place, especially when there's content i don't have that i care more about than clans.

I get why you can't just admit you're wrong: you are basing all your false assumptions about me on another false assumption, i get it, it's very important to LOOK like you know you what you're talking about, but the FACT is nobody has ever compared me to a child looking for the equivalent of daycare in my current clan the first time we talked or said anything like that to me, and almost all the suggestions made on this thread as an answer to my rant were made in a very polite way, and kudos to the people offering invites and to everyone who is ACTUALLY BEING HELPHUL, because i'm sure they all know that assuming the worst about people, is a VERY bad way to start a conversation with someone.

"if you're going to keep being a condescending A******, please just #*!% off, nobody needs you" i stand completely by what i said, and i'm not even somebody who is afraid of eating his own words which is a statement you'll most likely dismiss as you keep doing when i tell you i'm not as toxic as you think i am, because you are just that bad.

I know you might disagree with the person you're replying to, but the language used really doesnt lend much to sympathy and the like. 

Just sounds like you're going to have a hard time with whatever it is you're looking for, so all the best. I genuinely wish you that. 

15 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I know you might disagree with the person you're replying to, but the language used really doesnt lend much to sympathy and the like. 

Just sounds like you're going to have a hard time with whatever it is you're looking for, so all the best. I genuinely wish you that. 

Thanks man! I agree with you, a calm tone is best for a useful exchange of information, but i think when you assume things about a person without any prior knowledge, you're not trying to set a calm tone.

Thanks man! I agree with you: a calm tone is best for a useful exchange of information, but i think that when you make assumptions about a person without knowing anything, you're not trying to set a calm tone.

"Then please, suggest another way to find and figure out if a clan is worthwhile other than recruiting chat, because that's how i joined every clan in the past and ALL of them, large or small, had at least 9/10 of players offline costantly. "

That may have come off as aggressive, i can admit it, but i was being as straight-forward as possible.

"I suppose, just venting here, i'm honestly really hoping Railjack will change some of that."

That is also true.

2 minutes ago, StanaCampe said:

Thanks man! I agree with you, a calm tone is best for a useful exchange of information, but i think when you assume things about a person without any prior knowledge, you're not trying to set a calm tone.

Thanks man! I agree with you: a calm tone is best for a useful exchange of information, but i think that when you make assumptions about a person without knowing anything, you're not trying to set a calm tone.

"Then please, suggest another way to find and figure out if a clan is worthwhile other than recruiting chat, because that's how i joined every clan in the past and ALL of them, large or small, had at least 9/10 of players offline costantly. "

That may have come off as aggressive, i can admit it, but i was being as straight-forward as possible.

"I suppose, just venting here, i'm honestly really hoping Railjack will change some of that."

That is also true.

A competitive clan sounds like something more in line to what you're looking for, or a clan that has strict offline rules. This would be clans you see dominate the top of the leaderboards, etc. 

30 minutes ago, StanaCampe said:

Everything below come from before I posted on this thread:

On 2019-08-16 at 9:23 AM, StanaCampe said:

I'm getting very disillusoned about clans in WF, i thought that getting into a clan would have allowed me to team up and do niche stuff that usually you can't get people to do on recruiting chat, like relics that aren't trending for example, or maybe as a more organized market hub to get away from the confusion of trading chat, instead from experience, the only value clans have ever provided me with, were nothing more than the labs: just get in, get all the good s**t, and then whatever, if they kick you because you go AFK for too long, WHO CARES, you wouldn't have been involved in any kind of activity either way and you can just join another one, if they don't kick you...well...WHO CARES!!

Clans are just a smaller, less useful region chat. Change my mind.

You thought you would get people who would line up to do the activities that you want to do, and are upset that nobody is rushing to do whatever esoteric thing that you want. 

You state plainly that apart from that, all you are interested in is pulling a "snatch and run". 

You are upset that the clans you join have a minimum log in requirement to help prune absentees. (Most would probably have a system where active players can communicate with the leadership about any planned absences, or at the least be more than willing to reinvite returning members.) And so you start talking smack about clans in general, repeatedly asking "who cares" in a very childish way, when the answer is pretty obvious that you are the one who cares, because otherwise it wouldn't be an issue. 

On 2019-08-16 at 12:58 PM, StanaCampe said:

Then please, suggest another way to find and figure out if a clan is worthwhile other than recruiting chat, because that's how i joined every clan in the past and ALL of them, large or small, had at least 9/10 of players offline costantly.

Shows that you didn't do any research into the clan you were joining, and just picked from recruitment chat. You put zero effort into finding a good fit for your own needs and then blamed others for the disappointments. 

On 2019-08-16 at 12:58 PM, StanaCampe said:

I like your idea, not so much your tone: while i thank you for bringing something different than all the others, next time don't click on a thread that has:"Rant" written in it's title if you don't like people complaining.

The post you responded to didn't even have a negative tone. It just didn't praise you and agree that it was everyone else's fault. 

On 2019-08-16 at 2:56 PM, StanaCampe said:

It's not like that, it's that clans don't give me anything i can't get somewhere else, especially now that you can customize your orbiter and invite people in it, so there's virtually no reason for clans to exist, and no reason for me to invest time and money in one.

Objectively false, patently nonsensical statements which I pointed out were false in my first reply, indicating multiple activities that cannot be done in the orbiter. 

On 2019-08-16 at 2:56 PM, StanaCampe said:

Yes, that's exactly right! And don't get me started on those retarded internal rank system to prevent people from just raiding the labs as soon as they get in the clan!

Another indication that you have no interest in contributing to the clans that you joined. No interest in helping out those around you. And you are only interested in what you can take, before moving on to greener pastures. 

You talk about other people's tones, while engaging in a ridiculous rant, about people not enabling you to be an entitled mooch.

Your complaint is that the clans and alliances are not offering what you want, indicate that the only thing you want is the research, but when asked why you don't put anything in you immediately contradict yourself and insist that you shouldn't have to be an active member or contribute in any way because there's nothing of value to you. 

You say that it takes too much in terms of resources to build up a clan, in a game where resources are abundant, especially for an MR18 player, and only a few items require us to seriously grind for them. (I can tell you that for the most part the resources were not an issue when I started my clan, and I was still in single digits of MR. The main investments were learning about the layout, and time.) 

You are praising people who have offered to take you into their active clans, but you continue to indicate that you have no interest in actually contributing in any way. 

BTW a hint, if someone has letters or numbers in parentheses in front of their names, we cannot invite you to our clans even if we were stupid enough to want to. So the barb about not "ACTUALLY BEING HELPHUL," completely missed its mark. 

You claim that because you are not ranting in your current clan's chat that makes what you have done less toxic. Yeah, coming on the official game forums, and talking trash about the people who won't just give you everything that you want, is soooo much better. 🙄

As for what nobody has ever done before, I already indicated that there's a first time for everything. 😉

Wherever you do end up, just remember that the really important part of being in a clan, is helping the people around you. Not expecting the people around you to help you. 

On 2019-08-23 at 6:37 PM, StanaCampe said:

I'm not sure i totally understand when you say "contribute", it seems like you're advising me to give them resources in order to get their sympathy, if that's the case, no, that's just wrong.

Wow... didnt see that coming. Symbiosis. You contribute, you take... sharing. Think about it. How happy is the clan if all you do is take from it?  Even if your giving is just helping people, it's a contribution. While I dont directly see the contributions, I hear about them. This guy invites that guy and helps that guy get up to snuff. The other guy learns that the dojo decorator needs gallium or some other such and provides it, Yet another guy sets up YouTube tutorials or links for the betterment of the whole clan.

There is always SOME thing you can contribute. Even if that's just being the 4th guy needed at a moments notice.

47 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Wow... didnt see that coming. Symbiosis. You contribute, you take... sharing. 

You're describing mutualism, a type of symbiosis where both parties benefit. 

There are two others commensalism, and of course, parasitism. Maybe one of those is a better description of what is being asked for.