Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan rant (MR 18)

StanaCampe

I'm in quite a large and active clan but I rarely actually do things with them, and I don't mind. I use recruiting to get exactly the people I need for exactly the mission type I need, which is what recruiting is for, after all. I like asking questions and shooting the sh!t in clan chat, and I like that all the other people in there doing the same thing are each doing what makes them happy in the moment.

Unless I'm playing with close friends in voice chat/Discord call, I find trying to coordinate things with clanmates I don't really know to be more of a hindrance. But I love talking to them about random things all day while I'm farming or semi-afk in a solo survival etc.

On 2019-08-16 at 10:04 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's what I did. Joined a clan, realised that it was all newbs like me. Saw that the founder hadn't made any contributions. Left and made my own. Built it up mostly solo. Did most of the research by myself. 

When I run into newer players who need a leg up, I'll invite them, explain that they can just buy the research and split after, or they're welcome to stick around. If there's any unfinished research that they want to contribute to, they're welcome to pitch in, but it's not a requirement. There's a dude that never replied to any of my messages, and one that's been offline for over a year, and I'm fine with that for now. Just because you're in the clan doesn't mean that anyone is going to stop what they're doing to come and do what you want to do at any given moment. 

That's how I run my clan, because that's all I needed my clan for. If OP wants a clan that's got regularly scheduled group activities like some sort of day-camp for preteens, there's nothing stopping them from creating one. If they are joining my clan, that's not what they're going to get. 

And they're going to come there and replicate the researched weapons you have? Or use it to trade? Or do those obstacle courses? Did that really make sense in your head? 

Now this looks closer to the truth. You weren't able to get what you wanted as quickly as you wanted so you were upset about it? 

So it's unreasonable for me to expect that 3 out of 100 online players in a clan of 1000 total and allied with 5 other clans, have the same idea i have, without requesting anyone to go out of their way to do what i ask like you've just put it? And just because you need clans to do certain things like trading, research, or racing, doesn't make the idea of a clan any better. Like i already said, the only value clans provide me with is the research, and if you put a barrier inbetween i'm just going to pass, and that's why i think it's stupid.

Look, i get you're a self-made clan leader, and you got this wonderful clan that runs according to what you say, so you think you can go around being a $&*^ to people that don't want to add to the grind (filthy paesants amrite?), i just don't care, so if you're going to keep being a condescending A******, please just #*!% off, nobody needs you.

On 2019-08-17 at 2:09 AM, Chipputer said:

Large clans are just an amalgamation of all of the chats put together. Large alliances are the same but on a much, much larger scale. This is inevitable due to what happens when you put hundreds (thousands?) of people in the same room together. These also tend to form their own cliques, for good or bad.
Smaller clans are usually just friend groups, solo players who work together on research projects, or small groups of like-minded players who just like to have someone to run with now and again that they're familiar with. You want one of those if you're looking for some form of actual intimacy within your clan.

It's the nature of the beast that as a clan gets larger each individual member starts to blend into the scenery. You either do something to stand out or you just don't.

I suppose, just venting here, i'm honestly really hoping Railjack will change some of that.

Edited by StanaCampe

On 2019-08-16 at 8:23 AM, StanaCampe said:

I'm getting very disillusoned about clans in WF, i thought that getting into a clan would have allowed me to team up and do niche stuff that usually you can't get people to do on recruiting chat, like relics that aren't trending for example, or maybe as a more organized market hub to get away from the confusion of trading chat, instead from experience, the only value clans have ever provided me with, were nothing more than the labs: just get in, get all the good s**t, and then whatever, if they kick you because you go AFK for too long, WHO CARES, you wouldn't have been involved in any kind of activity either way and you can just join another one, if they don't kick you...well...WHO CARES!!

Clans are just a smaller, less useful region chat. Change my mind.

What about your contribution to the clan? Do they have everything? Are you helping to farm the remaining things? Maybe they're waiting to see if you bring anything to the clan first.

But  I get your point. Im in a small clan and most of us are in different time zones around the world so we dont do a lot of stuff together.  We have lives outside fo the game. (hard to believe but true). And the only reason any boots happen is if they're out for more than 30 days. And in that regard, we let em back in when they return with no hassles. Only 1 person ever got perma kicked and this clan has been around since alpha. And you're right. The only real clan tie is the stuff you cant get outside of being in a clan. But that shouldnt stop you from trying to do stuff. Took a while to get set up to do it, but I solo most content and have fair success at it. But when clannies are on, I ask them if they want to join me for x, y or z. It's about a 50/50 shot. But I've become friends with them, busted butt to get the materials for clan tech so I have a tie here. Some of the people in my clan I've never partied with. But most of them are fairly new and have invited their friends and play with them.

It's not an issue. Would I like to see clan rewards besides the occasional NW missions to do with friends or clannies? yup. Have we visited this issue before? yup. Will we see it again? yup Does DE have a ton of pressing issues on their way to MR30 and the step out of Beta? yup. This isnt your usual game where you get a finished product and they make addons and expansions, and so on. This game is still in development. Something a lot of people forget and dont stop to realize. There have been mentions of clan upgrades in dev streams, but is not currently a priority. I can wait.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-21 at 12:34 PM, StanaCampe said:

So it's unreasonable for me to expect that 3 out of 100 online players in a clan of 1000 total and allied with 5 other clans, have the same idea i have, without requesting anyone to go out of their way to do what i ask like you've just put it?

Yes. Because we all have so many things to do, and many of us have already completed what you want to do. 

Especially since I get the distinct impression that you weren't really interested actively making friends within the clans by also doing what the others wanted to do. I notice that others are also asking, and the main response has been "why should I" to which the obvious answer is "because you're part of the clan". 

And just because you need clans to do certain things like trading, research, or racing, doesn't make the idea of a clan any better. Like i already said, the only value clans provide me with is the research, and if you put a barrier inbetween i'm just going to pass, and that's why i think it's stupid.

LOL here's a hint, if you try to invite me to Maroos to trade, I'm going to be highly suspicious of you. I suspect that it would be even worse for people on PC because of the bad-plat. So you may want to rethink that part. 

And if you aren't interested in actually being a part of the clan, then throwing a hissyfit and bailing really isn't going to bother anyone. It'd be different if an active member of the clan, who helped others, contributed to research, made lots of friends said that they were leaving, but someone who just joined and is peeved because they are demanding that people stop what they're doing and accompany them, so they can get what they want, isn't going to make a big splash. 

Look, i get you're a self-made clan leader, and you got this wonderful clan that runs according to what you say, so you think you can go around being a $&*^ to people that don't want to add to the grind (filthy paesants amrite?), i just don't care, so if you're going to keep being a condescending A******, please just #*!% off, nobody needs you.

Have I done any of that? I built a clan for me, did what I wanted and if someone wants to join, buy all of the research and gtfo, that suits me very well. I've never kicked anyone out, or demanded anything of anyone, but honestly from what I have seen here, and the attitude that you're displaying, I am reminded that there's always a first time for everything. 

Now I can ask why you haven't just made your own clan with your own rules, the way so many of us have done?Because it seems to me that this would be a solution to all of your problems. 

But before you answer, let me point out that "if you're going to keep being a condescending A******, please just #*!% off, nobody needs you" probably works just fine as the likely position of your former, and future clanmates as well. 

On 2019-08-16 at 2:23 PM, StanaCampe said:

I'm getting very disillusoned about clans in WF, i thought that getting into a clan would have allowed me to team up and do niche stuff that usually you can't get people to do on recruiting chat, like relics that aren't trending for example, or maybe as a more organized market hub to get away from the confusion of trading chat, instead from experience, the only value clans have ever provided me with, were nothing more than the labs: just get in, get all the good s**t, and then whatever, if they kick you because you go AFK for too long, WHO CARES, you wouldn't have been involved in any kind of activity either way and you can just join another one, if they don't kick you...well...WHO CARES!!

I'm in a good clan with people who play all the time and help eachother out.

Its not hard, just say your looking for a active, grinding clan

On 2019-08-16 at 12:58 PM, StanaCampe said:

Then please, suggest another way to find and figure out if a clan is worthwhile other than recruiting chat, because that's how i joined every clan in the past and ALL of them, large or small, had at least 9/10 of players offline costantly.

I like your idea, not so much your tone: while i thank you for bringing something different than all the others, next time don't click on a thread that has:"Rant" written in it's title if you don't like people complaining.

Have you tried Warframe clan recruit Reddit? The clans page here on the forums? Many offer detailed descriptions of who they are. Tbh, many clans also use discord over game chat.. did you try joining that?

Discord has just made game chat not as useful, especially on console. Ours rarely talk in game, but we enjoy talking on discord a lot. It's just easier. 

That aside, there's just really not many clan activities.. for most things, especially relics, it's usually much quicker to just go to recruiting. 

Most people chase specific things in this game - materials, reputation, drops. The chances that even 100 people online out of a 1000-person clan are chasing/farming the same specific thing at the exact same time you are is fairly slim. Even vets who would happily help new players, it's hard to align free time with others. When one person is free, the other person still has 10 minutes left in a mission. By the time the second person is done, the first person has gotten impatient and started a mission. And so on...

I think that's why it is perfectly okay to use recruiting to squad up, and rely on clanmates to help you in other ways - advising you in chat, trading with you, etc. If you happen to align with your clan and do activities, awesome! If not, it doesn't mean your clan doesn't care, or is mean, or dead, etc. That's just the nature of this game.

On 2019-08-22 at 7:43 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yes. Because we all have so many things to do, and many of us have already completed what you want to do. 

Especially since I get the distinct impression that you weren't really interested actively making friends within the clans by also doing what the others wanted to do. I notice that others are also asking, and the main response has been "why should I" to which the obvious answer is "because you're part of the clan". 

LOL here's a hint, if you try to invite me to Maroos to trade, I'm going to be highly suspicious of you. I suspect that it would be even worse for people on PC because of the bad-plat. So you may want to rethink that part. 

And if you aren't interested in actually being a part of the clan, then throwing a hissyfit and bailing really isn't going to bother anyone. It'd be different if an active member of the clan, who helped others, contributed to research, made lots of friends said that they were leaving, but someone who just joined and is peeved because they are demanding that people stop what they're doing and accompany them, so they can get what they want, isn't going to make a big splash. 

Have I done any of that? I built a clan for me, did what I wanted and if someone wants to join, buy all of the research and gtfo, that suits me very well. I've never kicked anyone out, or demanded anything of anyone, but honestly from what I have seen here, and the attitude that you're displaying, I am reminded that there's always a first time for everything. 

Now I can ask why you haven't just made your own clan with your own rules, the way so many of us have done?Because it seems to me that this would be a solution to all of your problems. 

But before you answer, let me point out that "if you're going to keep being a condescending A******, please just #*!% off, nobody needs you" probably works just fine as the likely position of your former, and future clanmates as well. 

I'm not going to start giving away resources to get other people's sympathy because i think that's pretty #*!%ed up, it's like a rich kid giving everyone gifts hoping the other kids will become friendly and start liking his/her personality.

I don't know why you keep insisting i'm demanding anyone to do anything, i'm literally just typing the same things i type in recruiting chat that actually allow me to team-up and get some pretty memorable experiences.

The reason why i haven't made a clan "the way so many" of you have done is simple, i don't have the resources. My orbiter doesn't have a single decoration in it, and there is still much content i haven't yet explored, i'm no position to invest massive amounts of resources into a clan.

You've called me a child looking for the equivalent of daycare to run activities for me in our FIRST interaction, you assumed right-away i was being obnoxious in my current clan "demanding" people to do things, you now also assume i'll be a failure in my social interactions with both current and future clanmates based on what i said to you and you alone, and yet I'm the one who is displaying attitude?

On 2019-08-21 at 8:53 PM, ThumpumGood said:

What about your contribution to the clan? Do they have everything? Are you helping to farm the remaining things? Maybe they're waiting to see if you bring anything to the clan first.

But  I get your point. Im in a small clan and most of us are in different time zones around the world so we dont do a lot of stuff together.  We have lives outside fo the game. (hard to believe but true). And the only reason any boots happen is if they're out for more than 30 days. And in that regard, we let em back in when they return with no hassles. Only 1 person ever got perma kicked and this clan has been around since alpha. And you're right. The only real clan tie is the stuff you cant get outside of being in a clan. But that shouldnt stop you from trying to do stuff. Took a while to get set up to do it, but I solo most content and have fair success at it. But when clannies are on, I ask them if they want to join me for x, y or z. It's about a 50/50 shot. But I've become friends with them, busted butt to get the materials for clan tech so I have a tie here. Some of the people in my clan I've never partied with. But most of them are fairly new and have invited their friends and play with them.

It's not an issue. Would I like to see clan rewards besides the occasional NW missions to do with friends or clannies? yup. Have we visited this issue before? yup. Will we see it again? yup Does DE have a ton of pressing issues on their way to MR30 and the step out of Beta? yup. This isnt your usual game where you get a finished product and they make addons and expansions, and so on. This game is still in development. Something a lot of people forget and dont stop to realize. There have been mentions of clan upgrades in dev streams, but is not currently a priority. I can wait.

I'm not sure i totally understand when you say "contribute", it seems like you're advising me to give them resources in order to get their sympathy, if that's the case, no, that's just wrong.

On 2019-08-16 at 9:23 AM, StanaCampe said:

If you need a clan talk to me lol.

25 minutes ago, StanaCampe said:

The reason why i haven't made a clan "the way so many" of you have done is simple, i don't have the resources. My orbiter doesn't have a single decoration in it, and there is still much content i haven't yet explored, i'm no position to invest massive amounts of resources into a clan.

I made my clan roughly when I started playing. My friend and I had no resources to build the clan, but we still made one. Over time we got it built up and everything done. Having limited resources isn’t a great factor for not making your own clan. Being lazy and wanting it all done for you certainly is. Let’s be honest, this isn’t a bad thing - if everyone made their own clans who would join them?

The easiest way to get like-minded people is to make your own clan. Get people to join and help you build it; I do suggest you find some friends that want to do this first though.

• Do you genuinely want like-minded people, or do you just want research? That is the question people should ask themselves.
23 minutes ago, StanaCampe said:

I'm not sure i totally understand when you say "contribute", it seems like you're advising me to give them resources in order to get their sympathy, if that's the case, no, that's just wrong.

You give resources to help build the clan. If someone isn’t willing to contribute to building stuff why should they benefit from it? No, I don’t agree with this statement, but a lot of clans seem to have that rule. We won’t let you have research unless you contribute in some way (resources, helping new people, recruiting etc).

• My clan lets everyone take research regardless. I see no value in restricting it - I am not sure why we got the option to.

41 minutes ago, StanaCampe said:

I'm not going to start giving away resources to get other people's sympathy because i think that's pretty #*!%ed up, it's like a rich kid giving everyone gifts hoping the other kids will become friendly and start liking his/her personality.

But you literally expect to be able to waltz in and have everyone who has contributed to the dojo do that for you. 

43 minutes ago, StanaCampe said:

I don't know why you keep insisting i'm demanding anyone to do anything, i'm literally just typing the same things i type in recruiting chat that actually allow me to team-up and get some pretty memorable experiences.

Yes, and throwing a hissyfit when they don't do what you want. Also demanding that you be allowed immediate access to their resources, while refusing to contribute of your own. 

Neither was I. And I definitely wasn't MR 18 at the time. But the funny thing about resources, is that we get them just from playing the game. Took quite a while to get to where I am now, and will take quite a bit of time to finish everything else that needs doing to have a bare-floor dojo. I made mistakes along the way, and learned from the experience. 

You could do it if you wanted, but you don't even want to consider contributing to the clan that you are in, so I doubt that you will ever be down for making a dojo. And if you did, I somehow get the impression that you wouldn't let people just join, take what they want without contributing and leave. 

You've called me a child looking for the equivalent of daycare to run activities for me in our FIRST interaction, you assumed right-away i was being obnoxious in my current clan "demanding" people to do things, you now also assume i'll be a failure in my social interactions with both current and future clanmates based on what i said to you and you alone, and yet I'm the one who is displaying attitude?

Yup, because even before our first interaction you posted the very first post on the thread, which informed me of just what you are and aren't willing to do, and what your attitude towards your clans has been thus far. I didn't need to assume that you were displaying a pretty toxic entitled attitude towards your clans, because you told everyone who wanted to read. If you are curious, just take a long hard look at what you wrote and have continued to write.