Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK Hunter? Something Like That.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Before we get started just a few rules:

1). Read the entire post before commenting.

2). Be civil and use constructive criticism if you disagree. 

3). Try to be open minded and maybe even provide better alternatives than simply “report” or “play solo/recruit”. 

Well people been getting sick and tired of AFKers and some are willing to demand or beg DE to add a vote kick option to the game. Now I could see a vote kick option IF the player being kicked have been AFK for 2-3 minutes. Then the Kick AFKer option would light up for everybody else. 

To reduce some of the issues from AFKers it would be nice if double doors could be opened by 1 player, extraction timers started by 1 player, and if 1 player reaches the boss rooms of like Tyle Regor then a 30 second timer would start which would teleport every other player straight to the room.

And those who don’t participate in the stages of the bounties do NOT get any rewards from those stages. Using a Frost with no buffs and just sprinting, took me 1 second to run 10 meters. So if a stage spawned 600 meters away then other players would have 60 seconds to run to the stage or else it will count as AFK. If the stages get completed before the timer runs out then it is canceled and the late players still get the rewards. Not hard to figure out. Anybody that wouldn’t like that shouldn’t play in a public game, especially in missions like Fissures and Sorties where most players are gonna want to get the job done quickly to move on to other things.

But another suggestion I would like to add that could make the whole thing interesting is if there was a new hunter or assassin that specifically hunts players who have been AFK for 2-3 minutes. Could be a different hunter from different factions but right now I was thinking more of the return of an old Acolyte, Misery. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Misery

Basically the room blinks maybe like a dark purple or something so it isn’t confused with Stalker or other Acolytes. And basically when the transmission pops up Misery would say something like “oh look... a sitting duck” before finally appearing. 

Would be about as tough as Wolf while being as powerful as Stalker. But his abilities would be slightly different. Instead of just canceling abilities, he will completely take away your energy. And you can’t even escape through the rift from him. 

Abilities: 

1). He could use an ability similar to how Nyx takes away a certain percentage of armor and shield from the enemies, except he takes away like 33% of your health. So not even Inaros can take the hit. Or he can turn into a fog that engulfs you and strips the same amount while blurring your screen. Like a combination of wukong and Revenant.

2). Uses a unique version of Shadow of The Dead where he summons minions equal to the remaining players that take on their appearance. Maybe even use their first or second abilities. 

3). Uses the same kind of ability like stalker that cancels all abilities nearby. So no buffs, no rifts, no escape. 

4). If you summon a specter, pods, etc.. Misery would destroy them in an instant. Maybe even revive the specter as his own. 

5). Once you die he completely takes your soul in a way similar to Arbitration where you can NEVER respond back and then he leaves until another player goes AFK for 2-3 minutes. Maybe DE would make it where it is permanent unless the other players are willing to go by your grave(basically) and pick up 5-10 shards that surround your body. If they don’t then you only have 1 option. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That’s a more complicated version of a hunter but that’s what I got for right now. He would even show up in bounties if a player doesn’t participate in any of the stages of the bounties for 2-3 minutes. And can spawn more than once. And target more than one AFKer. 

Just some sort of alternative. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

9 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

And those who don’t participate in the stages of the bounties do NOT get any rewards from those stages

This is a terrible idea. It just won’t work. Have you ever tried racing an Archwing on K-drive? People are going to not get rewards because they don’t have an Archwing. Regardless of your opinions on AFK people, this is not fair.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Could be a different hunter from different factions but right now I was thinking more of the return of an old Acolyte, Misery. 

Why Misery? The drops would encourage people to AFK to bait it. Or, are you talking about no (or different) drops/no ability to kill it? You haven’t mentioned this, so I am curious how you plan to mitigate this.

• Perhaps a brand new enemy would be a better choice. Misery has existing drops and abilities, so these would be the same as now.

14 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This is a terrible idea. It just won’t work. Have you ever tried racing an Archwing on K-drive? People are going to not get rewards because they don’t have an Archwing. Regardless of your opinions on AFK people, this is not fair.

Why Misery? The drops would encourage people to AFK to bait it. Or, are you talking about no (or different) drops/no ability to kill it? You haven’t mentioned this, so I am curious how you plan to mitigate this.

• Perhaps a brand new enemy would be a better choice. Misery has existing drops and abilities, so these would be the same as now.

For starters I’ve been texting a lot so I forgot to mention that when I used frost with no speed buffs and just sprint, I was able to travel 10 meters per second. So I calculated that when a new stage spawns then a timer will appear based on the meters from one stage to the next. So a stage 600 meters from the previous one would have a 60 second timer once the first player steps into it. So for me who doesn’t run around in circles, that’s more like a 70-80 timer since it takes a bit for a rushing player to get there first. Once it starts I would already be close. Especially since I’m good at parkour. I mostly don’t use any vehicle or fast traveling warframes. But those calculations are meant for noobs who only know how to sprint. So unless they get distracted by the view, no it would not cost them rewards. Especially since most stages take over a minute to complete like the armor vault, and ones that are completed before the time runs out basically cancels the timer and “late” players still get rewarded. 

I said Misery cause he basically no longer exists so it is a way to bring him back. Also the drops could change. And the only ones who would want to bait it are ones willing to host a squad specifically to face it. And unlike wolf, he targets the AFKer and never lets up so the player is guaranteed to die and never get revived unless other players chose to. But if they ever decide to no longer waste time attempting to hunt Misery, then they will just leave the AFKer behind to be left out of the completion rewards. He comes, he kills, he leaves. Chances of killing him and getting a drop that other enemies have is like 0.00001%. Because I’m not suggesting he comes back like a regular enemy. I’m suggesting he comes back as an assassin against those who sit around and do nothing. I’m suggesting him be a solution to the AFK problem. Cause double doors and bosses like Tyke Regor that requires ALL player to be present in order to start the fight becomes a problem when players start AFKing. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Chances of killing him and getting a drop that other enemies have is like 0.00001%. Because I’m not suggesting he comes back like a regular enemy. I’m suggesting he comes back as an assassin against those who sit around and do nothing.

So, what kind of buff are you giving him to achieve this? I am yet to come across a single assassin enemy/group that is remotely challenging. I could stay with an AFK person in a low level area to farm him very easily. Sure, he could be ‘difficult’ like Wolf, but the Wolf would die in less than two seconds when you knew what to do.

• I understand what your idea is. I don’t think it will actually work in many cases. The boss will have to receive significant buffs.

Cause double doors and bosses like Tyke Regor that requires ALL player to be present in order to start the fight becomes a problem when players start AFKing. 

Double doors don’t require everyone to be present. The solution to this is: if people are AFK you let it happen without them. We have an AFK detection system already, it wouldn’t be that hard to do this.

But those calculations are meant for noobs who only know how to sprint. So unless they get distracted by the view, no it would not cost them rewards

What about ‘killed while on their way’? There are many other factors you are completely ignoring. 

• How will you deal with people that go to the area, partake for 5 seconds and leave again? They were ‘helping’ and not AFK.
  • There are several bounties this system does not account for. Take ‘kill X enemies’, you don’t have to be in the zone for it to count. There are a bunch of these, or similar ones. How will you account for this? Because it seems like your system might fail here.

You should also consider that not everyone moves quickly. You can not deny that people would lose rewards because they took too long to get somewhere. This will happen. I do think it would be better for you to drop this idea. There is only one bounty mission where people being AFK actually matters: the rescue one in PoE. The guy you rescue teleports randomly to players, so someone being AFK is a problem. 

• Penalising innocent people because some don’t help on bounties is not a good idea. It is a great way to discourage people from trying.

15 hours ago, krc473 said:

So, what kind of buff are you giving him to achieve this? I am yet to come across a single assassin enemy/group that is remotely challenging. I could stay with an AFK person in a low level area to farm him very easily. Sure, he could be ‘difficult’ like Wolf, but the Wolf would die in less than two seconds when you knew what to do.

• I understand what your idea is. I don’t think it will actually work in many cases. The boss will have to receive significant buffs.

Double doors don’t require everyone to be present. The solution to this is: if people are AFK you let it happen without them. We have an AFK detection system already, it wouldn’t be that hard to do this.

What about ‘killed while on their way’? There are many other factors you are completely ignoring. 

• How will you deal with people that go to the area, partake for 5 seconds and leave again? They were ‘helping’ and not AFK.
  • There are several bounties this system does not account for. Take ‘kill X enemies’, you don’t have to be in the zone for it to count. There are a bunch of these, or similar ones. How will you account for this? Because it seems like your system might fail here.

You should also consider that not everyone moves quickly. You can not deny that people would lose rewards because they took too long to get somewhere. This will happen. I do think it would be better for you to drop this idea. There is only one bounty mission where people being AFK actually matters: the rescue one in PoE. The guy you rescue teleports randomly to players, so someone being AFK is a problem. 

• Penalising innocent people because some don’t help on bounties is not a good idea. It is a great way to discourage people from trying.

For starters all I’m asking is that double doors be open by one person if they have been pressing it for a while. I spent 15 minutes in a meso Exterminate because the other players were walking around looking for loot I’m assuming. Forced me to spend 15 minutes in a mission that usually take me no more than 3. Could’ve completed 5 of them and had 5x the amount of void traces and prime parts, roughly. I pushed the door button over 200 times. Figured after pressing it like 30 times then it basically crashes and opens just by one person. 

Low rank players with little to no experience shouldn’t be playing in such a high level bounty in the first place. I didn’t have people carry me through sorties or complicated bosses. I learned how to play the game by completing every single mission on every single planet I moved to and I even beat nearly every boss with no mods equipped on an Excalibur. Because I didn’t know what the cards were and when I heard about “mods”’I thought “hacks/cheats”. Wasn’t till Kela Da Thayme that I realized what they were and how much of a game changer they were.

I did better with no mods than most MR20 players with full builds. Which shocked a buddy of mine when he found out. Point is I’m proof that even noobs are capable of handling themselves if they learn how. Noobs won’t learn how to play if everybody else does all the work for them. So they shouldn’t be rewarded for dying. Just like they shouldn’t be rewarded for failing a mission. Cause that is exactly what would happen if they tried doing these high level bounties solo. They need to do the weaker ones first before jumping to more difficult ones. Common sense there.

Now my suggestions are to REDUCE the chances for LEECHERS. My few suggestions won’t completely remove them but they shouldn’t have as much opportunities as they do now to leech. So I’ll explain a few in order again.

1). After the first stage of the bounty is completed it would sort of leave like an invisible mark where when the second stage appears it would have the distance measured. When the FIRST player steps into the yellow at whatever speed they chose it will start a timer that is equal to 1 second per 10 meters. Most frames are faster than Frost and I was able to run that much. Plus the time it takes for 1 player to reach it before others. So unless the noob decides to go site seeing, they have plenty of time to run to the next stage. No speed mods or speed buffs. Nor parkour. 

2). The YELLOW circle is the only circle that matters. Red ones don’t. If they don’t step within the yellow circle by the end of their calculated time limit, then it would count them as being AFK from the bounty rewards. I played solo a lot because I wasn’t dealing with speed rushing Volts. But once I gained knowledge and experience(in just a few days) I started playing Public. 

3). If the objective is completed before the timer runs out then the timer gets canceled and the “late” players still get rewarded. Most bounty stages take 2-3 minutes to complete, sometimes longer when dealing with caves. So a player just sprinting to the objective will always have MORE than enough time. If I can run with a slow frame to the objectives on time every time, then so can they with a faster frame. Then they can learn some parkour and be able to run faster. If the objective is 600 meters away then 60 seconds is all that is needed. 1200 meters away then 2 full minutes. And those timers only start after the first stage is competed and after the first player steps into the yellow circle. Which means the moment the next stage appears, they would be able to start sprinting their way there and have plenty of time to make it. I did all the tests. I know. 

4). If they step out of the YELLOW circle then it would count as abandoning the mission. Which will result in automatic AFK and zero rewards. But only YELLOW circles. Reds don’t count considering red ones are enemy locations to help with the objective of killing enemies ANYWHERE. The yellow is the actual objective and once it gets replaced with red ones, then the “late” players can run around as much as they want. 

5). If they go down long enough for the stage to be completed and get no rewards then that is what they deserve. DE shouldn’t be forced to reward players for failing a mission. So why should players who fail to reach the stages in time be rewarded? They shouldn’t. If I failed to reach an objective in time to receive a reward then the only person I would have to be mad at is myself. You don’t get rewards for standing still for over a minute during a defense and survival reward phase. You don’t get rewards for completing 5 waves or 5 minutes while being dead the whole time either. Same thing would basically be applied to the bounties. 

And the awesome part about the whole thing? They have the option to play solo or go to recruit and do invite only cause these suggestions ONLY APPLY TO PUBLIC. Which means that invite/friends/solo do not have these kind of rules since usually all players in the squad are on the same page don’t have a problem if one member goes AFK for a minute or so. But public with randoms is a whole other story. BUT THAT IS IF DE DECIDES TO IMPLEMENT THESE SUGGESTIONS. These aren’t demands.

Now onto Misery. Misery is just the default assassin and unlike other assassins that have rewards and hunt you randomly, I figured this assassin has only one purpose and that is to hunt down AFKers. Which means he would be basically immortal and you are guaranteed to die permanently. So that other players will no longer be forced to carry you if you decide to go AFK. But if DE wants to make him have unique drops then I figured he could be as tough as Wolf but more relentless than Stalker. And unlike other assassins that show up once, he will show up EVERY TIME a player goes AFK for 3 minutes. So his drop table would have a low percentage. 

You said that even Wolf could be killed if you know what to do, yeah well that requires premeditation basically. That requires players intentionally seeking him out and usually with the full squad in the loop. Not a bunch of randoms. And he will only show up in public games which means going solo or friends/invite only won’t spawn him. So they would have to get a full squad and do a public game. Can be done in open world maps so if players wanted to, they could go into the plains where there are no objectives and endlessly farm for him if they chose. 

In the end it is up to DE to decide what they want to do. Honestly I feel like players aren’t fully comprehending what I’m suggesting. Like they are so scared to be labeled a sinner for making one tiny mistake. If DE wanted to, they could implement these suggestions and see how it goes. Most players are probably gonna say “I decided to take a smoke break and...” well onto the next complaint, “I’m knew to warframe and I did a high level bounty and got killed...” next.

Basically most players that do complain are gonna be ones that were lazy but will try to claim that it was something else. So just like we have to have pics and such to show proof of an AFK, they should show pics or videos that show they were NOT AFK or leeching. I’ve encountered like 500 AFKers/leechers by now but I’ve only reported 5 of them. They are more common than you think. 

And besides the Vote Kick option that everybody else be wanting, I’m simply providing a few methods to help detect a LEECHER and their punishment would be NO REWARDS. If you have someone else do your homework then don’t be surprised if you fail the test and get held back a grade. 

Players are not going to learn if they get rewarded for doing nothing. Just like kids will never learn to be good if they will get Christmas presents regardless. Failure is the only way for people to truly learn how to not fail. You learn to be better by experiencing being worse. You work less if you are paid regardless. I’m just the guy suggesting that those working less get smaller checks while those who work hard get bigger checks. 

I’m not saying DE should implement my suggestions. Im just saying that something needs to be done cause I don’t feel like taking hundreds of pics to report like 20 players every day. DE could easily look at my suggestions, tweak them a little bit, and then implement them. So I shouldn’t be having to explain every tiny little detail like I’m a member of DE. 

On 2019-08-17 at 7:26 AM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

1). Read the entire post before commenting.

NOPE, this is the internet, and here, we make opinions based on the first sentence and titles alone. WE CANNOT READ. we have no attention spans.

Besides, the double doors thing is my number 2 issue. what i despise is the elevators. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

And besides the Vote Kick option that everybody else be wanting, I’m simply providing a few methods to help detect a LEECHER and their punishment would be NO REWARDS. If you have someone else do your homework then don’t be surprised if you fail the test and get held back a grade. 

situationally. in fissures, if an afk does not play, they dont get void reactant. and do not get the relics. 

also, this already applies to a ton of missions. as they do not give out rewards to players who afk. it already exists. but very small-ly 

its fine as is. its just that you seem mad about the double door thing. rushing the map, while others run around. this is easily avoided by the top right option.

yes, click it and you can play in friends only, or solo. maybe invite people to play with using region chat. some people aren't as fast. and public sortie spy always fails...

8 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

situationally. in fissures, if an afk does not play, they dont get void reactant. and do not get the relics. 

also, this already applies to a ton of missions. as they do not give out rewards to players who afk. it already exists. but very small-ly 

its fine as is. its just that you seem mad about the double door thing. rushing the map, while others run around. this is easily avoided by the top right option.

yes, click it and you can play in friends only, or solo. maybe invite people to play with using region chat. some people aren't as fast. and public sortie spy always fails...

Sorties, I play solo but sometimes I get bored of solo and like to play in a squad. Not to mention that I like most players want to have more than 1 option to choose from when cracking relics. I’ve gotten a lot of rare prime parts from randoms. So I shouldn’t be forced to spend 15 minutes because other players don’t care about farming relics and void traces. 

Just make the missions completable with 1 player during public games and there will be less complaints except for those saying “I shouldn’t be rushed” then all we say is “play solo, cause most players that do fissures are farming the relics and void traces”. 

Plain and simple. You are telling US that we should be bored because SOME players like to take the fun out of the game cause they don’t have anything else better to do. Why bother making a multiplayer game if your only suggestion is to tell others to play solo. Getting tired of that lazy response every time players get sick of leechers. 

There’s already a function where if you’re AFK for 1 minute, you get no rewards nor Affinity. I’m simply suggesting a little addition for those who CONTINUE to be AFK longer. And this post is mainly about having a hunter that spawns whenever someone is being AFK for 3 minutes. The other suggestions is a way to detect a leecher in bounties. I did the math, I broke it down. If people still want to argue that some how what I’m suggesting is “unfair” then they are only proven that either they are simply terrible at the game and should not be playing public. Or they are one of those leechers and are using straw man arguments or excuses that make zero sense since I already took all that into account when I made my suggestions that wouldn’t affect those who do bounties to actually complete bounties.