Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Impedance aura doesn't work

Devil_Zeldris

• 2 weeks later...

Call me insane, but the Aura Area of Effect Mod kind of works? Tested it solo in the Simulacrum, while getting F**Kd by level 300+ enemies, but that's a different story.

It helps a little outrunning them using a slow frame and throws their aim (drones) a bit off and that's about it. As soon you slap a sprint mod on your frame, 

you will outrun them, you don't notice that at all. When the enemies change into attacks in their melee range, this aura doesn't seem to do anything?

I could try some combinations between this mod and some dragon key to determine it more, but i am out of my patience and the simulacrum layout doesn't help much. 

If you need a massive slow down, get a Nova. Throw the mod into the Endo-trash.

For comparisation, a Nova with around 90%-110% power will vaguely do the same as a single aura.

To sum this up, the change from "cell" to "radial effect" nerfed this mod so hard, it became obsolete. 18 meters isn't a wide space and players rarely stay together. I am not sure, if this mod needs to have overlap or just adds all values and applies them to all radial effects of each player, but considering the modern gamemodes, ranges (Primed Reach + Riven on Melee) and speeds (buffs) of newer frames (Wisp, Gauss), this thing is outdated. Get an Umbra Slowva and this mod is instantly obsolete, unless you want the infested to have close to 0% movement speed (again) - which why the aura was nerfed in the first place.

PS: I didn't even know I had this mod until now.

Edited by NoSpax

13 часов назад, [DE]Tweep сказал:

As far as I can tell, this is working as expected. It does have a 16m radius, and it does stack up to 75%. Please let me know if there are any other issues. Thank you. 

I was check this aura now (today)
Still doesn't make the infested slow. 
I tested 3x Auras and 1x Coaction Drift mod. 
I cant record a video. My computer is weak for that. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 минут назад, Methanoid сказал:

You sure you are testing it at close range? its not like it used to be, it has a crappy range these days, whereas it originally just worked everywhere.

16 meters. In that range - intact speed

Edited by Devil_Stalker

On 2019-09-03 at 2:38 PM, [DE]Tweep said:

As far as I can tell, this is working as expected. It does have a 16m radius, and it does stack up to 75%. Please let me know if there are any other issues. Thank you. 

honestly, while it is working as expected....the slow appears to be be a MAX of the 18%....but ONLY once the infested are already on top of you. makes it more useless (even with a full squad..we should not NEED everyone to use the same aura, for a noticeable affect) over nearly any other aura mod in game (a couple of the news ones are added to my list) there is a cap of 75% right? then buff the aura to 25% so it at least has some noticeable affect (especially with coaction drift) that is IMMEDIATE at a max of 20 meters (yes im buff it, so what)...would sure as hek make it easier to test whether this thing is bugged or not.

On 2019-09-03 at 11:38 PM, [DE]Tweep said:

Would it be possible to mention that radius somewhere? I've been trying the aura, wondering if 18% was really barely that un-noticeable. If it only has a 16m radius, it does make a lot of sense though.

just checked, definitely works.

tested in simulacrum with octavia and an infested runner, testing octavia's standard running (not sprinting) speed against the runner by using a tag on the enemy and seeing how quickly the distance number went up whilst it was following me.

• Without Infested impedance i would gain 1m of distance between me and the runner every 3 seconds.
  • With Infested Impedance i would gain slightly more than 1m per second (or 1 meter every "slightly-less-than-one-second")

I did not test with a squad, nor did i test with coaction drift (coaction drift only takes it from 18% to 20.7% whilst solo anyway)

7 часов назад, DeckChairVonBananaCamel сказал:

just checked, definitely works.

tested in simulacrum with octavia and an infested runner, testing octavia's standard running (not sprinting) speed against the runner by using a tag on the enemy and seeing how quickly the distance number went up whilst it was following me.

• Without Infested impedance i would gain 1m of distance between me and the runner every 3 seconds.
  • With Infested Impedance i would gain slightly more than 1m per second (or 1 meter every "slightly-less-than-one-second")

I did not test with a squad, nor did i test with coaction drift (coaction drift only takes it from 18% to 20.7% whilst solo anyway)

Doesnt work on mission. With 2 and 3 auras
62,1% with 3x Drifts are visible. But no mission

Edited by Devil_Stalker

17 hours ago, Devil_Stalker said:

Doesnt work on mission. With 2 and 3 auras
62,1% with 3x Drifts are visible. But no mission

just texted in mission (Eris - Saxis), with the same parameters (Octavia at jogging speed, runner in pursuit, tag the runner and measure how how much time is between every meter i gain).
I got the same results as my previous test:

• Without Infested Impedance: 3 seconds per meter
  • With Infested Impedance: slightly less than 1 second per meter.

В 28.09.2019 в 08:37, DeckChairVonBananaCamel сказал:

just texted in mission (Eris - Saxis), with the same parameters (Octavia at jogging speed, runner in pursuit, tag the runner and measure how how much time is between every meter i gain).

I think, that aura must work as Nova's Molecular Prime

2 hours ago, Devil_Stalker said:

Know you how to working Nova's Molecular Prime? 
-75% slow for Enemies include reduce Speed

i know how molecular prime works, but how is this:

6 hours ago, Devil_Stalker said:

I think, that aura must work as Nova's Molecular Prime

a response to this:

On 2019-09-28 at 3:37 PM, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

I mean, infested impedance doesn't have anywhere near as much of an effect as molecular prime, but were you under the impression that it did something else entirely?