Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe] Another Mythos Based 'frame: Odin, The Battle Tactician (Concept Art Included)

LoveYourEnemy

Typically in the forums, people tend to focus on elemental 'frames, however, there are a few myth based Warframes in game: Loki (Norse god of trickery), Excalibur (Sword of King Arthur), Nyx (Greek goddess of night), and Banshee (Monster who uses her screams). Anyway, that is only 4 'frames out of 15 based on Mythology. So why not have another one?

Odin in Norse mythology was a king amongst all other gods and was proficient in battle. This Warframe is based around this quality of battle tactics and skill. 

Overview:

Master of battle, ODIN has a wide range of skills to make the battlefield his playground. His Warframe allows him to assist his team, and ravage all that oppose him. He uses powers of "Gungnir" and "Ragnarok" to devastate his enemies, and powers of "All-Father" and "Battle Cry" to assist his allies.

ODIN Basic Sketch:  Open in New Tab to see better quality. (Note: The actual name is "GUNGNIR", I misspelled it)

His Alternate Helmet is named "Sleipnir" after his trusty steed in mythology

1276870_517268295021426_1849504392_o.jpg

Link Just in case: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1276870_517268295021426_1849504392_o.jpg

Powers:

1 Gungnir: ODIN launches a spear he has pulled from the void to impale a line of enemies.

Damage X/X/X/X

Cast time: 2/1/1/0.5 seconds

Notes: Can stagger enemies of all types (if the enemy is not killed), and will never miss it's mark (according to myth). Effected by Strength mods .

2 All-Father: ODIN cries out to encourage his team, boosting their defenses.

Buff X/X/X/X

Duration X/X/X/X

Notes: This can be used in situations where there are heavy amounts of enemies, and shields are running low (can also aid squishier team-mates). Enhanced by Duration and Strength mods.

2 Alt: Slepnir's charge - odin and any other frames nearby him are carried in the direction that odin is looking, knocking down and doing low dmg to any mobs along the way (think a combination of rhino charge and nova's wormhole, so a charge that is not just horizontal), mostly a movement ability, can be used mid-air

Credit to CY13ERPUNK

3 Great slumber: ODIN casts a aura around him that slows and de-buffs enemies in an area.

Duration X/X/X/X

Distance X/X/X/X

De-buff X/X/X/X

Notes: This takes down armor and slows sown enemies movement and attack rate. Enhanced by Duration, Stretch and Strength mods.

3 Alt: Wisdom of the Ages - odin's sees with sight beyond sight and is able to pierce through any mobs/terrain for a brief period, this effect allows odin to see enemies thru walls and shoot through them as well, this is a aoe buff effect and grants a small AP dmg buff as well (mods would affect the buff aoe range as well as the sight and penetration range and the dmg buff)

Credit to CY13RPUNK

4 Ragnarok: ODIN looks into the cosmos, and summons an enormous cataclysm from the stars to eradicate all who ODIN sees as his enemies.

Damage X/X/X/X

Radius X/X/X/X

Duration X/X/X/X (a short-ish time)

Notes: This is a simple AOE attack that deals explosive/fire damage (like it says, he calls forth the powers of the cosmos, so stars and stuff). It will be like an ordinance attack where the attack comes from above, the explosions damage in a radius of 7 meters. Can be improved with Strength, Stretch and Duration mods.

4 Alt: Valhalla's Call - odin summons a stationary mini-yggdrasil that puts out an aoe team buff that heals over time and buffs the armor of nearby warframes, additonally odin summons his two wolves to fight by his side, and finally a flight of valkyries attack all nearby foes (range mods would affect the tree's buff range, duration mods would affect the time length of the power, and focus would increase the dmg done by the wolves as well as the dmg and number of valkyries that spawned)

Credit to CY13ERPUNK

Just in case:

*Gungnir - Odin's spear that never misses a throw. *Sleipnir - Odin's steed created by Loki.  *Valhalla - Hall located in Asgard.  *Yggdrasil - Tree central to Norse Cosmology.  *Valkyries - Norse figures who chose who died in battle.  

Stats:

HP: 100 (300)

Shields: 100 (300)

Armor: 125

Power:  100 (150)

Sprint: 0.96

Aura: V (attack)

Polarities: D (defense), V (attack)

Edited by LoveYourEnemy

lot of nice work, personally i dont dig the aesthetic, but it's clear the OP put a lot of work/thought into it

the alt helmet looks too similar to the vanguard rhino helm IMHO

and i think the default helm horns should be more out from the sides instead of the forward curl, something more akin to this: http://smite.gamepedia.com/Odin (also bulkier frame build as well)

also would be neat to have the warframe have some form of a warframe-ish beard

gungnir looks more like a walking cane in the concept art vs the longspear that it should be

powers:

1 - should be a horizontal cylindrical effect focusing forwards that impales and pushes back all targets in the radius

2 & 3 - both effects are already ingame with other frames, instead id like something more unique

2 - Slepnir's charge - odin and any other frames nearby him are carried in the direction that odin is looking, knocking down and doing low dmg to any mobs along the way (think a combination of rhino charge and nova's wormhole, so a charge that is not just horizontal), mostly a movement ability, can be used mid-air

3 - Wisdom of the Ages - odin's sees with sight beyond sight and is able to pierce through any mobs/terrain for a brief period, this effect allows odin to see enemies thru walls and shoot through them as well, this is a aoe buff effect and grants a small AP dmg buff as well (mods would affect the buff aoe range as well as the sight and penetration range and the dmg buff)

4 - really dunno here, another blah massive dmg aoe just seems unneeded ingame, but maybe summoning a mini yggdrasil that puts out a persistent healing aura and armor buff for the team? or he summons his two wolves to fight by his side, or a flight of valkyries? or all of the above?

Valhalla's Call - odin summons a stationary mini-yggdrasil that puts out an aoe team buff that heals over time and buffs the armor of nearby warframes, additonally odin summons his two wolves to fight by his side, and finally a flight of valkyries attack all nearby foes (range mods would affect the tree's buff range, duration mods would affect the time length of the power, and focus would increase the dmg done by the wolves as well as the dmg and number of valkyries that spawned)

anyways, my 2 cents

lot of nice work, personally i dont dig the aesthetic, but it's clear the OP put a lot of work/thought into it

the alt helmet looks too similar to the vanguard rhino helm IMHO

and i think the default helm horns should be more out from the sides instead of the forward curl, something more akin to this: http://smite.gamepedia.com/Odin (also bulkier frame build as well)

also would be neat to have the warframe have some form of a warframe-ish beard

gungnir looks more like a walking cane in the concept art vs the longspear that it should be

powers:

1 - should be a horizontal cylindrical effect focusing forwards that impales and pushes back all targets in the radius

2 & 3 - both effects are already ingame with other frames, instead id like something more unique

2 - Slepnir's charge - odin and any other frames nearby him are carried in the direction that odin is looking, knocking down and doing low dmg to any mobs along the way (think a combination of rhino charge and nova's wormhole, so a charge that is not just horizontal), mostly a movement ability, can be used mid-air

3 - Wisdom of the Ages - odin's sees with sight beyond sight and is able to pierce through any mobs/terrain for a brief period, this effect allows odin to see enemies thru walls and shoot through them as well, this is a aoe buff effect and grants a small AP dmg buff as well (mods would affect the buff aoe range as well as the sight and penetration range and the dmg buff)

4 - really dunno here, another blah massive dmg aoe just seems unneeded ingame, but maybe summoning a mini yggdrasil that puts out a persistent healing aura and armor buff for the team? or he summons his two wolves to fight by his side, or a flight of valkyries? or all of the above?

Valhalla's Call - odin summons a stationary mini-yggdrasil that puts out an aoe team buff that heals over time and buffs the armor of nearby warframes, additonally odin summons his two wolves to fight by his side, and finally a flight of valkyries attack all nearby foes (range mods would affect the tree's buff range, duration mods would affect the time length of the power, and focus would increase the dmg done by the wolves as well as the dmg and number of valkyries that spawned)

anyways, my 2 cents

I like these, and i will probably just add them to the list of possible abilities. Seems to me that someone also knows their stuff about Norse mythology :). But yeah, the design is still being worked on and this was actually just a quick sketch i did in some free time i had at school.

Have Ragnarok do an AOE ordinance-style blast on all enemies in sight, each blast would do damage to other units in the AOE.

I should have said that, but i illustrated it. It will be an ordinance style 'airstrike' type attack. Leveling it will increase it to dropping 2 times. and duration will increase that too.

ooh love it someone that sees the mythical aspects of warframes around here.

Thats what I based my frames off  one of which is Sanna(Sedna) I associated the planet name Sedna with the Goddess of Water which rules over her place where she comes from haha, still thinking crap out.

Powers are nice concept is nice. Need to build a way on to how he could be put into the game though. 

aww damn I was actually thinking of this one too... but instead he was a super Tenno the Orokin were working on and becomes a boss later on in the game that can use his grungnir to take out a space ship, and eventually leads to a boss battle on a planet with flaming ship parts falling from the sky everywhere...

aww damn I was actually thinking of this one too... but instead he was a super Tenno the Orokin were working on and becomes a boss later on in the game that can use his grungnir to take out a space ship, and eventually leads to a boss battle on a planet with flaming ship parts falling from the sky everywhere...

Sounds awesome actually, but maybe it could just be an enormous Orokin boss.