Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hearing Impaired and Disruptions

FawneDaBear

I only have hearing in one ear, another one of our clan mates is completely deaf, and neither one of us really enjoy Disruption cause we can't figure out where the amalgams are coming from before somebody spots them and their little marker appears, so we're just kind of hanging out by the terminals trying to pretend we're not getting carried. It wasn't so bad when there was just one, but if there's going to be more and we're gonna have to do them could you guys throw some small visual que in there for the hearing impaired?

We were talking about that 'hey people are shooting at you from this general direction' indicator, and wondered if maybe that could flare, or tremble, and turn yellow or something when the amalgam is within a certain, reasonable range roughly indicating it's position in relation to ourselves?

Thanks. Hugs and stuff, good luck with that thicc moon ❤️

• Like 1

I don't remeber if the following workaround works, but have you tried the following mods: Animal instinct, Enemy sense, Enemy radar, Stealth drift?

I think this will help spot Demolysts on the minimap earlier. Finding them in the crowd of enemies is easy due to their red aura.

Il y a 1 heure, PurrrningBoop a dit :

I don't remeber if the following workaround works, but have you tried the following mods: Animal instinct, Enemy sense, Enemy radar, Stealth drift?

I think this will help spot Demolysts on the minimap earlier. Finding them in the crowd of enemies is easy due to their red aura.

Problem with those mods is that enemies don't have specific icons on the minimap and crowds can make it difficult to locate one specific unit based on it's speed since the minimap itself is pretty small. 

I think it would be a nice addition if enemy detection mods would highlight priority targets like the Demolysts in a different color (like Orange instead of Red, or maybe the energy color of the Warframe) and maybe even highlight them on screen (maybe like the old Argonak highlight), or mark them in some way like Bladestorm and the Mecha mod set. This would make those mods more usefull in general (help target Eximus units/Death Squads/Nightwave enemies/Triggered-type enemies like Manics, Bursas and the Jugg) as well as solve this problem for people with hearing problems or simply those who play without sound (for whatever reason).

Well, it might be a bit much to ask that from the game, i mean they already increased the range where the red marker shows up, much more than that might make the whole game mode trivial.
But there's software that might help with this, for example:
https://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-sound-innovations/sonic-radar

I'd clear it with support beforehand, don't want to get a "third party software" ban.

Edited by ReaverKane

On 2019-08-24 at 5:06 PM, ReaverKane said:

Well, it might be a bit much to ask that from the game, i mean they already increased the range where the red marker shows up, much more than that might make the whole game mode trivial.
But there's software that might help with this, for example:
https://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-sound-innovations/sonic-radar

I'd clear it with support beforehand, don't want to get a "third party software" ban.

This is lovely! But there are hard of hearing players in console. 

Maybe an item? Bp drops in jupiter, uses, idk, banshee/octavia parts to craft a stack of them?