Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt quallity of Life Change

Enislav

Hello DE , I've played Warframe for 2500+ Hours, and my favorite Warframe is Volt. There is one thing i would like you to change about his 4, I would like to see his 4 Range to scale with Duration so i could have a Speed Build,Shield Build and a Discharge Build at the same time and use them quite effectively because his 2 Scales with Duration/Strength His 3 with Duration and His 4 with Duration, Strength and Range , which with the current selection of mods is quite hard to balance and leaves my shield barely usable and my 2 not give a significant buff and on the other side if i build speed, my 4 is completely unusable .That is why i want this change so I can go on a sortie and use All of my abilities in one mission with great effect.

• Like 1

You are asking DE to break the game to give you a Super-Volt that doesn’t have to follow the rules of 30+ other frames. Got it.  Guess what...it won’t happen.

Reframe your argument in better terms if you want to persuade DE.  Breaking the game isn’t a valid argument:

You can check my hours and most used Frame if you want.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

While Volt isn't my very favorite frame, as a player, who had 4325 hours i would really want DE to change 2 of Volt. DE already did a good thing by letting players remove Volt's buff (debuff) with backflip, but that doesn't make all other volts not cast it again and again every few seconds. If in plains/vallis high speed can be valuable because huge open spaces, in many other missions there are tight corridors with many obstacles, which usually make players hit them again and again preventing team from moving fast. I would really like DE to either limit movespeed at some hard cap, or lower amount of speed buff for other players. In it's current state this ability is something bad for gameplay. Otherwise DE could greatly decrease speed buff, while adding slow aura around volt and/or party members. Or change it into something more elecrticity-related, magnetic loot collection from great distance as castable thing with augment, that would change that into vacuum analog for entire squad, for example, or making his passive (charging damage while moving) spread on others, like on Hildryn, while providing them with, for example, bullet deflection, or give specifically to volt some instateleport as moving skill. But please, DE, do something about completely bad (as almost any Volt i see builds 200+ str) speed "buff' ability.

12 hours ago, Ecclessia said:

While Volt isn't my very favorite frame, as a player, who had 4325 hours i would really want DE to change 2 of Volt. DE already did a good thing by letting players remove Volt's buff (debuff) with backflip, but that doesn't make all other volts not cast it again and again every few seconds. If in plains/vallis high speed can be valuable because huge open spaces, in many other missions there are tight corridors with many obstacles, which usually make players hit them again and again preventing team from moving fast. I would really like DE to either limit movespeed at some hard cap, or lower amount of speed buff for other players. In it's current state this ability is something bad for gameplay. Otherwise DE could greatly decrease speed buff, while adding slow aura around volt and/or party members. Or change it into something more elecrticity-related, magnetic loot collection from great distance as castable thing with augment, that would change that into vacuum analog for entire squad, for example, or making his passive (charging damage while moving) spread on others, like on Hildryn, while providing them with, for example, bullet deflection, or give specifically to volt some instateleport as moving skill. But please, DE, do something about completely bad (as almost any Volt i see builds 200+ str) speed "buff' ability.

I ultimately don't see this as a good idea at all. I also don't fancy the vacuum Ability. I think most attribute speed with electricity. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Adaptabilty said:

think most attribute speed with electricity.

And that while we have Nezha with self speed bost and Wisp with overall speed buff (still has a little too much speed at high strength, but still better, than Volt's though). And none of them are affiliated with electricity.

Oh yes, and new Gauss frame running fast, who's not electricity frame either.

Edited by Ecclessia

2 hours ago, Ecclessia said:

And that while we have Nezha with self speed bost and Wisp with overall speed buff (still has a little too much speed at high strength, but still better, than Volt's though). And none of them are affiliated with electricity.

Oh yes, and new Gauss frame running fast, who's not electricity frame either.

Ok? Those are just other frames with speed Abilities, all of which came way after volt. Everyone's speed is different to a capacity. Aside from that, many electrical/speed based things in popular media attribute electricity with speed. For instance the flash. It makes sense, I'm just calling it as I see it. I don't think taking it from volt is the best thing. Though it's one of his best Abilities his Sheild, and his augments, are also really good. So what have you.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Adaptabilty said:

Though it's one of his best Abilities his Sheild

Either for new players, who still don't go fast/have problems with damage, or on eido. In any defense variants you either have lowhp enemies, which are cleared/cced with Volt's ult, or, in highlevel missions, you already have guns with tons of damage or something like chroma.

But Volt's 2 in it's current state is clearly bad thing, as it allows almost all Volt users to prevent other players from comfortable gameplay, as i had written earlier. It should be hardcapped or reworked or changed into something else.

28 minutes ago, Ecclessia said:

Either for new players, who still don't go fast/have problems with damage, or on eido. In any defense variants you either have lowhp enemies, which are cleared/cced with Volt's ult, or, in highlevel missions, you already have guns with tons of damage or something like chroma.

But Volt's 2 in it's current state is clearly bad thing, as it allows almost all Volt users to prevent other players from comfortable gameplay, as i had written earlier. It should be hardcapped or reworked or changed into something else.

I almost completely disagree, as I mentioned. We will probably reach an impasse and that's ok. Volt's speed is a good ability, it provides movement speed, reload speed and melee speed. All of these things are beneficial to players as a whole, and have a place in the game and Volts kit, in both my and many other's opinion. Yes, while some do agree that they do not particularly like his indiscriminate buff, and despite the fact that you can roll to opt out of it the volt is likely to recast it. I figure that it is safe to say that you speak for a more vocal minority in saying it ruins your gameplay experience. I'm genuinely sorry you and people like you don't enjoy it as much as I and people like me do. However, volt's speed not only fits his kii thematically (if anything his Sheild doesn't but that's just me, it's cool nonetheless and the game is more fantastical) but helps certain missions move along faster/ helps player move along the map faster, and provides a buff to the effectiveness of weapons. As for the proposed changes to how his speed works or how movement speed works as a whole in Warframe, I don't think having a hard cap is something most players want. They constantly want to test the limits of their speed, players like to move around the map quickly and if the excitement for Gauss has anything to show for it people like going fast. As for the slow Aura that could be cool, if it has a decent radius, but ultimately speed doesn't really need any changes. The mass vacuum look collection would be a cool as an add on to speed, but ultimately people has fetch or the regular vacuum, it doesn't seem very good on it own. Calling it a bad ability is entirely is too much, it has benefits, and it's a fun ability for most. It is also a pretty balanced Ability. I know your ideas were mostly just spit balling so I'm not going to hold you to those, but the bottom line is that speed is not a bad Ability.

Edited by (XB1)Adaptabilty
Typo

1 hour ago, (XB1)Adaptabilty said:

but the bottom line is that speed is not a bad Ability

It's not bad on it's own as ability archetype, it's badly designed, as it broke some game features and, instead of helping people move fast only, makes people hit all possible obstacles in tight corridors, which are biggest part of warframe tilesets. Btw, did DE remove hardcap on Volt's 4?

If someone wants to test out limits of speed, he can put all speed mods into himself, including sprint aura, sprint exilus mod etc. I'm not against Volts running as fast as they can, i'm against forcing it on other players in squad. Test all your limits as long as you enjoy it, but don't forget to remove radius from your build then. Preferably completely.

I really want DE to redesign this ability. There are COULD be Volts with normal amount of str, i had seen them 3-4 times througought my playhours, and when i use Volt, i don't go for all possible cap of str, Volt doesn't need that at all, he still wouldn't oneshot lvl 100 armored grineer without additional "full corrosive projection squad" things, (and maybe wouldn't oneshot even with that setup), but imost players on Volts are mostly like "i wanna be fastest player and i don't think about my usefullnes to other players", so they, instead of being helpful, are being griefing players.

Same situation was with Limbo up to the moment DE had allowed to shoot inside his globe while timestopped. Generally useful frame, if you know, how to use it, but up until that redesign - great pain in the ass for squadmates. Same with Volt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Or we could make it so Volt has to hold down the button to extend the buff. Pretty sure most won't bother with it(unless asked to) and just quick tap for the self buff. Problem mostly solved?

Also good decision. I presume it would be simplier to make. Of course it still would allow intentional volts to do bad decisions, but it would clearly reduce amount of unintentional bad guys.

On 2019-08-27 at 7:00 AM, Ecclessia said:

It's not bad on it's own as ability archetype, it's badly designed, as it broke some game features and, instead of helping people move fast only, makes people hit all possible obstacles in tight corridors, which are biggest part of warframe tilesets. Btw, did DE remove hardcap on Volt's 4?

If someone wants to test out limits of speed, he can put all speed mods into himself, including sprint aura, sprint exilus mod etc. I'm not against Volts running as fast as they can, i'm against forcing it on other players in squad. Test all your limits as long as you enjoy it, but don't forget to remove radius from your build then. Preferably completely.

I really want DE to redesign this ability. There are COULD be Volts with normal amount of str, i had seen them 3-4 times througought my playhours, and when i use Volt, i don't go for all possible cap of str, Volt doesn't need that at all, he still wouldn't oneshot lvl 100 armored grineer without additional "full corrosive projection squad" things, (and maybe wouldn't oneshot even with that setup), but imost players on Volts are mostly like "i wanna be fastest player and i don't think about my usefullnes to other players", so they, instead of being helpful, are being griefing players.

Same situation was with Limbo up to the moment DE had allowed to shoot inside his globe while timestopped. Generally useful frame, if you know, how to use it, but up until that redesign - great pain in the ass for squadmates. Same with Volt.

Um the did remove damage cap on his 4 yes, but they cut the duration of the ability I'm half, and loses effectiveness towards the end of the radius. On a side not it would be cool if we got the old duration back or got an increase, a good damage and cc Ability.