Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Edited:Ground based volt sprint speeds proven unchanged

wizardeiges

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

But as I said, I tested it. He is just as fast as he was before.
Now we are at a stalemate. DE, and I say that he didn't got nerfed. You say he got nerfed. Who is right? I would go with DE. But hey, what does DE even know about their game?

v i d e o e v i d e n c e

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Exactly. Show me that Volt got changed.
You can't do that? Than DE is right, Volt didn't get nerfed.

You said you tested it, practice what you preach. If you've done the test, reveal it so other people can understand. Being a brick wall is just counter-productive. Kinda sounds like youre only here to mess with people though and have no idea what's going on

Gotta agree with SuBBZZero and ProudlyModified here. And before you repeat this line:

> Not everyone has the means to use a maxed out Volt. Maybe I don't even own a Volt...

I'll tell you what-  I'll "speedrun" it + upload the video if you are incapable of such a feat yourself. All I ask of you: dig up a nice standardized volt sprint.  No zig-zagging, no parkour maneuvers, etc.  Just a volt running in a straight line for a good distance, plus their build. In other words, something that I can reproduce and time accurately.

3 minutes ago, ProudlyModified said:

You said you tested it, practice what you preach. If you've done the test, reveal it so other people can understand. Being a brick wall is just counter-productive. Kinda sounds like youre only here to mess with people though and have no idea what's going on

But I didn't start that argument. And DE is saying that Volt didn't get nerfed.
So it's on the Volt-brats to prove he got changed. They didn't do it, so I don't have to do anything.
And yes, obviously I'm messing with people, because DE said Volt wasn't nerfed. They basically ended this discussion. But people keep spreading that rumor about a nerf. So I'm having fun triggering some Volts.

1 minute ago, -BoG-07734Willey said:

Gotta agree with SuBBZZero and ProudlyModified here. And before you repeat this line:

> Not everyone has the means to use a maxed out Volt. Maybe I don't even own a Volt...

I'll tell you what-  I'll "speedrun" it + upload the video if you are incapable of such a feat yourself. All I ask of you: dig up a nice standardized volt sprint.  No zig-zagging, no parkour maneuvers, etc.  Just a volt running in a straight line for a good distance, plus their build. In other words, something that I can reproduce and time accurately.

Nah, Brah.
Not my job. You want to prove that DE is lying. Do it yourself. I don't have to help you with that. Again, if you don't want to prove it, if you don't want to provide evidence, you are spreading a rumor. It's on you, not on me. ^^

Edited by WhiteMarker

5 minutes ago, -BoG-07734Willey said:

I would have recorded it myself If I were capable of doing so for the main post.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=warframe+max+speed+volt

There are loads of speed builds being shown off on youtube,just need to duplicate the build and where theyre running from and time it. I've also noticed a slowdown in momentum when under volt speed when double jumping at the end of a sprint. Before the update,you'd cannonball across the room with ease,now it seems that the same momentum is gone. 

DE and DE then another DE do you have a day job as DE sucker ?? it's a business companies do that all the time to make a way for a new product and that business decision doesn't work on games so guess what sadly DE is in gaming business . so stop asking ppl for evidence bc you too lazy to do it yourself and instead of hanging around here in forums being lazy about it take this https://discord.gg/c8Xx8N join us up and i will show you how things are done and how he's slower .

Just now, SuBBZZero said:

DE and DE then another DE do you have a day job as DE sucker ?? it's a business companies do that all the time to make a way for a new product and that business decision doesn't work on games so guess what sadly DE is in gaming business . so stop asking ppl for evidence bc you too lazy to do it yourself and instead of hanging around here in forums being lazy about it take this https://discord.gg/c8Xx8N join us up and i will show you how things are done and how he's slower .

First things first: "sucker"? Do you really try to make a point by insulting me? Way to go champ.

You guys just seem to not understand it. DE says that Volt didn't get nerfed. That's their standpoint. You guys, on the other hand, say he got nerfed and you want that nerf to be undone. So you have to change DE's mind. You won't change their mind by crying and saying he got changed. You change their mind by providing evidence. Telling DE to test it themself won't do anything.

So again, and again, and again: provide evidence so that DE can see that Volt got nerfed.

But yeah, calling me names is way easier. But I tell you something, it won't bring back the old Volt (if he really got nerfed).

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

First things first: "sucker"? Do you really try to make a point by insulting me? Way to go champ.

You guys just seem to not understand it. DE says that Volt didn't get nerfed. That's their standpoint. You guys, on the other hand, say he got nerfed and you want that nerf to be undone. So you have to change DE's mind. You won't change their mind by crying and saying he got changed. You change their mind by providing evidence. Telling DE to test it themself won't do anything.

So again, and again, and again: provide evidence so that DE can see that Volt got nerfed.

But yeah, calling me names is way easier. But I tell you something, it won't bring back the old Volt (if he really got nerfed).

Someone in this thread already stated they'll record it and compare to other speed videos before the update.
Also,you're one to talk about insulting,calling others 

volt brats

Because you disagree with them. Practice what you preach,friend. There was no reason to call others brats simply because you disagree with us.

Edited by wizardeiges

5 minutes ago, wizardeiges said:

Because you disagree with them. Practice what you preach,friend. There was no reason to call others brats simply because you disagree with us.

Actually there was. From the beginning of this argument you guys had no interest in providing proof. You behaved like spoiled children, like brats. 

if DE nerfed it intentionally then they already know he's nefred and they're trying to be stealthy about it there is no point in giving them evidence since they're the ones who done it , now if it's done unintentionally then the only way to make them notice is by giving out our voice here so they go and fix it . and guess what you're the one who said volt mains are triggered so it gets back to you no need to cry about it bc you got called a sucker , and i'm not a volt main i'm a mesa main so no need to go and bash someone for what they're using as there main , so chill and join us up and i will show you how things are done , didn't you want an evidence here i am offering you some live evidence action . 

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Actually there was. From the beginning of this argument you guys had no interest in providing proof. You behaved like spoiled children, like brats. 

Wrong. I told you I couldn't record,go back and read it since it seemed you missed it. I Didn't refuse to upload anything,I'm incapable of recording due to my hardware. 

Someone here has stated,once again,they'll record and upload a video comparing speeds.

There you go again insulting others,maybe you should take a break from the forums if you're getting so heated over this. It isn't worth getting angry over. If you disagree that's perfectly fine,but insulting others was uncalled for and then trying to stand in your ivory tower talking down to others about insulting you when you yourself had already been insulting others. You've even stated you're essentially trolling too,trying to rile up others 

So it's on the Volt-brats to prove he got changed. They didn't do it, so I don't have to do anything.
And yes, obviously I'm messing with people

You're intentionally trying to start a fight. Maybe you should take a break.

43 minutes ago, wizardeiges said:

I would have recorded it myself If I were capable of doing so for the main post.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=warframe+max+speed+volt

There are loads of speed builds being shown off on youtube,just need to duplicate the build and where theyre running from and time it. I've also noticed a slowdown in momentum when under volt speed when double jumping at the end of a sprint. Before the update,you'd cannonball across the room with ease,now it seems that the same momentum is gone. 

I was hoping someone else could at least search through the videos to find one that displayed the build, had a nice long & straight tile, and was just sprinting. Regardless, I found a decent video, and so-

My run (don't judge, I usually don't run volt, I use nova + augment), starting at 0:07 sec:

https://youtu.be/aoDYB7fa1B8?t=7

And the reference run, starting at 0:38 sec:

https://youtu.be/2pihHgvTvic?t=38

Note that the tile is reversed in my run, but it still is the same distance, so just time from door A to door B on each.

After reviewing the videos, I really don't see a difference in time, which leads me to believe that if there is a sprint nerf, its not nearly as pronounced as I originally thought. I don't know about the jumping and rolling bit though-  I didn't try since that'd be significantly harder to reproduce, and it doesn't make much of a difference for me as nova, just sprinting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, -BoG-07734Willey said:

I was hoping someone else could at least search through the videos to find one that displayed the build, had a nice long & straight tile, and was just sprinting. Regardless, I found a decent video, and so-

My run (don't judge, I usually don't run volt, I use nova + augment), starting at 0:07 sec:

Note that the tile is reversed in my run, but it still is the same distance, so just time from door A to door B on each.

After reviewing the videos, I really don't see a difference in time, which leads me to believe that if there is a sprint nerf, its not nearly as pronounced as I originally thought. I don't know about the jumping and rolling bit though-  I didn't try since that'd be significantly harder to reproduce, and it doesn't make much of a difference for me as nova, just sprinting.

Thanks a lot for recording and uploading these!
Standard sprint running from same door to same door: 0:07-0:13  0:38  - 0:44 (o:45 ish)   6  seconds and 5 second timings,second recording could just be a matter of split seconds.

This confirms same ground speeds,now if only there was a easier way of showing cannonballing speeds  through the air that adds to the movement, :thumbup: Thankyou,Tenno.

From watching the video itself it sure does seem like a huge hit to movement speed but the timings don't lie,strange how just a change to both the camera and legs could make such a drastic change.

Edited by wizardeiges

16 minutes ago, -BoG-07734Willey said:

I've added your post to the OP,edited  the title to reflect the new information and edited the main post. Thank you for the help. 😊

24 minutes ago, -BoG-07734Willey said:

Hold on a moment.

Your build is practically the same,just with a reduced duration BUT your strength is 299% while the same build minus the duration is 309% in the other video. Odd.

Edited by wizardeiges

It's good someone did a test and found no change in speed. That still won't stop people from making these that's though. OP, can you add that it's a disconnect with the animations and move speed as well? That's pretty much the issue here.

I'll add to it by dropping a theory on why this is happening. The animations were normalized, so they're most likely set to a fixed interval when it comes to foot falls. Movespeed seems to be in dynamic intervals (how many in game units per second you travel increases or decrease in decimal values). Because animations are fixed no matter what, you get a weird feeling.

Don't get me wrong, I hate how the animation feels. I don't feel like I'm going fast. I'll take the cartoon legs so I can feel fast again. I have to remind myself I'm still going the same speed, but it doesn't feel that way.

6 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

It's good someone did a test and found no change in speed. That still won't stop people from making these that's though. OP, can you add that it's a disconnect with the animations and move speed as well? That's pretty much the issue here.

I'll add to it by dropping a theory on why this is happening. The animations were normalized, so they're most likely set to a fixed interval when it comes to foot falls. Movespeed seems to be in dynamic intervals (how many in game units per second you travel increases or decrease in decimal values). Because animations are fixed no matter what, you get a weird feeling.

Don't get me wrong, I hate how the animation feels. I don't feel like I'm going fast. I'll take the cartoon legs so I can feel fast again. I have to remind myself I'm still going the same speed, but it doesn't feel that way.

Part of your post has been added to OP. ☺️

thanks for the test we all appreciate it here but while it's the same tileset the places are different yours shorter distance while his run was longer distance. the way i tested it was by doing cetus wisps farm around the lakes in the plains which are the same every time you load that open world [ same distance not cetus wisps locations as i run around the same route ] and the time was higher after the update . hopefully it's not an intended thing

Edited by SuBBZZero

23 hours ago, wizardeiges said:

Not everyone has the means to record youtube videos. :thumbup:
How can you say he wasn't stealth nerfed if you refuse to even test it yourself which only takes less than a minute assuming you have a max speed volt.

Here you go,took like 2 seconds to find this. You run,then you look at them run. Much different speeds.

hello OP, i decided to do extensive testing myself using this video as base, here is my criteria:

-Same build as player in video

-Same Run Starting at 2:02 - ending at 2:17
-Same Direction, no jumping/bullet, not bumping into anything.

Observations: 1) the landscape has changed since the video release, a bunch of trees and new grass was added in many locations especially at 2:17, however map size remains the same, the terrain is a little more irregular now but otherwise same distance.

Results: the run in the video takes 15s (ish) from the bunker in the beach to the location seen in 2:17 (near a lake with another bunker and a lure spawn point)
My runs on the same path take 17.5s
So based on those results there is around a 2s difference that could be explained by the change in terrain / exact location of the endpoint (of the run).

if there was a speed nerf of any kind is minimal, if i were to speculate i say that the change in animation/perspective reduced a little tiny bit of the "momentum" while sprinting, thus its seems slower but there is no significant real speed difference.

One other thing ive noticed that absolutely HAS changed, is that before, upon recovering from the brief stun that occurs from a hard landing, while having his 2 up, he would immediately resume at the same speed. NOW, it slows him down completely, and then takes a second or two to ramp back up to speed instead. You can tell both by the feel and the sound effects, that cut until he ramps back up to full speed. Maybe this was done to tighten maneuverability and forgotten in the patch notes, idk. Even if this doesn't explain everything, this does confirm that something has changed. Who knows what else (if anything.)

This video at :30 is how it was before:

Edited by awave
english