Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning player (another one ...) - Profit Taker

Slaypnir

Question

Hello guys !

I know that's a very common question on this forum but i didn't find a fitting answer and i'm convinced this community is still the most welcoming one.

I stopped playing when the profit takers came out, i tried out 1 or 2 but I was pretty lost, i didn't know the strategy, the optimizations etc... 

So i just want to know what's new and interesting to do for a player like me, i just don't want to go back (right now) in the grind spiral i was used to.

Thanks for the reading and for the answers !

Edited by Slaypnir

9 answers to this question

Bring lots of different damage types. The only ones that will hurt the shield is the one you see on its forehead. If you don’t have the damage you see you can cycle to new one with void damage. 

Shoot shields till down. 

Get archgun. Shoot legs, then body. 

Destroy the pillars it shoots out.

repeat above till dead

Damn, i shouldn't have name this post like this, my bad ! x)

I stopped just when profit takers came out and i just want to know what the new stuff in warframe i should do. I'm overwhelmed with the content of the game and i just need a few objectives to go back on the road !

Edited by Slaypnir

Maybe you'd like to farm for the new frames...in doing so you will experience a new boss fight (Ropalolyst on Jupiter drops Wisp), and a new game mode (Disruption on Kelpie, Sedna drops Gauss).

I would wait until they patch Profit-taker to try again...no heavy ammo makes the fight frustrating and more challenging than it should be.

Ah yeah, that's Nora and she does the cutscenes/lore for Nightwave.

Nightwave is like a "battle pass" system where you complete challenges, rank up, and get rewards. You can use the Nightwave currency (Emissary creds) to buy things like nitain and cosmetic blueprints and what were previously alert weapons. There should be a couple more weeks left, so you'll be able to catch up on previous weeks' challenges and get to Rank 30!

Oh is that what you meant. Well part of what I like about warframe is you need everything. So if one thing is boring you you can switch to something else and still be getting stuff you need. 

Try disruption. It’s new and people like it. Lua for drops that will get you focus (eventually). Neptune for credits. Uranus for 2 gun bps (enemy drops). Sedna for a frame (mission success drops). 

Hmm, well the game is basically about grinding for stuff.  Looter/shooter right?

As above, I'd probably want the new frames first (personally hyldrin aint my fave.  wisp is fun.  Baruuk a decent tank too and his ult is fun, but I dig the monk energy wave thing).  Maybe the weapons (most are "okay", fulmin and exergis rank well in my "pretty fun" list).  You probably haven't tried the disrpution game mode either.

There's exploiter orb now too, but you'll need to wait for the fissures event to get the thing to do that fight.

Ropalolyst boss fight on Jupiter (same place you gri...uhhh...far....ummm "obtain" wisp frame parts).

Couple new quests too :).

Dunno.  Whatever tickles your fancy I suppose.

And welcome back ^_^