Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Give The Seer A Critical Hit Chance Or Give It An Armor Reducing Property.

Aspari

Title.

I love the design of the Seer and would like to use it a lot more but it's not anything to be proud of in terms of usefulness. Adding a substantial crit chance like 10% or something would be awesome.

On another note, just make the only gun in the game that has bullets that explode have the property of armor reduction. Those explosions look and feel concussive, so it only makes sense that it would crack armor.

I agree with this. Even a 5% crit chance would be fair. Seriously, the Lex has 15% crit chance.

And the small AoE effect shouldn't be just cosmetic and deal small damages in a small range.

Damn, it's Captain Vor pistol and it's crap, except for the sniper function, really good for headshots.

And the small AoE effect shouldn't be just cosmetic and deal small damages in a small range.

always something Seer has needed. 

and since Thunderbolt was fixed not too long ago, so that bolts finally deal impact damage, THEN explode, we can totally make Seer work like this.

i'm thinking Seer could be like a pocket Ogris, impact damage, and then an explosion for like 50% of the impact damage in a smallish AoE. 

it would be like Acrid, but actually cool!

:D

Edited by taiiat

I prefer it this way. Having sniper type weapons that revolve around luck makes no sense at. I'm glad there's at least one the doesn't do 1k or 10k depending on your luck.

It doesnt do 1k at all with out something like a corpus head shot. for its recoil+travel time+rate of fire its like a ****ed up vasto with sniper zoom and ZERO crit.

Then what happens to the Lex ? :/

it stays in it's high tier that it's already in. Lex is a sniper pistol, it hits like a Freight train per shot. what's wrong with that?

i don't remember ever thinking Lex was underpowered, except for a long time ago (like Update5/6)when the enemies were just impossible to kill. 

Lex has pretty much always been a power house for it's play style. i'm a bit confused.

it stays in it's high tier that it's already in. Lex is a sniper pistol, it hits like a Freight train per shot. what's wrong with that?

i don't remember ever thinking Lex was underpowered, except for a long time ago (like Update5/6)when the enemies were just impossible to kill. 

Lex has pretty much always been a power house for it's play style. i'm a bit confused.

It is not a powerhouse it deserves.

Lex is still too slow and due to the general weakness of pistol crit mods, it is not a reliable sniper even against level 45 mobs.

Considering my Dread needs a head shot AND a critical hit to down an ancient infested at level 42, the Lex falls off even faster since it hits for less overall damage, it's crit damage is absolutely poor and only has 33% chance of crit. 

I love the design of the Seer and would like to use it a lot more but it's not anything to be proud of in terms of usefulness. Adding a substantial crit chance like 10% or something would be awesome.

I heavily forma mine and have used it to exclusively solo a t3 defense with my frost(I didn't run out of ammo either just normal pick-ups were sufficient). It scales better than most weapons due to it's 85 base damage. It not a super weapon like acrid, but it is far more useable than a latron prime. If it got a buff or not I wouldn't mind it is in that odd spot that makes it so/so.

It doesnt do 1k at all with out something like a corpus head shot. for its recoil+travel time+rate of fire its like a ****ed up vasto with sniper zoom and ZERO crit.

I just threw out random numbers, they have nothing to do with the actual damage.

Edited by merryfistmas

Someone doesn't have a fully modded seer :P

IIRC - With 180% multishot, 90% armor piercing, 180% hornet strike and reload/fire rate mods....seer does well over 1k with a headshot and has a clip of 11 i think, and shoots rather fast. My 3 formad seers stats in arsenal are something like 745/shot. And, bc of pinpoint accuracy @ range, I get repeated headshots up to medium/long range even w travel time.

The burst damage rivals the bronco prime, which I have also formad a few times. Slightly lower burst, but less dropoff due to bigger clip and MUCH more useful range.

I frequently bring seer into conclaves, which has a tendency to 1 hit even rhino with a headshot, across the map or at close range. Most common comment I get is "WTF was that".

Having said that, it took all 3 forma to make it useful, but now it's a beast. Could use a tiny AoE though, like 10 damage in 5m.

Edited by notionphil