Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Liberate the area problem.

Hekkatos

there needs to be a variable added to enemies so that they don't effect the control level until they've been properly deployed (boots on ground). This, along with drop ships not decreasing the control level. it's frustrating not knowing why the level is decreasing and either failing the 50% bonus or the objective itself, only to find it was because a ship have bugged out against the side of a building.

• Like 1

I understand your problem, and I agree that it sucks to fail the objective because of something like that... but I don't think its related to enemies actively being there. I think the area control decreases like Life Support does on survivals, but at a significantly faster rate, otherwise area control %% wouldn't decrease unless enemies were present in the designated area.

Edit: This mission type should be revised, just in case.

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

I think the area control decreases like Life Support does on survivals

that's almost worse. if the spawns bug or rng just decides to wait longer to spawn enemies then the player has no real way of ensuring they meet the bonus.

• Like 1

It does at least appear to work like Life Support in Survivals. Can confirm, failed controlling an area with 0 baddies contesting. I had some serious salt, since that's just not how that kind of stuff works, you can't contest an area (or be competing for control) if you aren't there to do so.

I hadn't seen losing this way until Warframe. Not in BF1942, nor in any King of the Hill mode, which is what this basically is.