Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hearing Impaired and Caches/Humming Chests

sarasuxatwarframe

Since DE was able to incorporate a visual aid for the Disruption missions, I was wondering if they could create something similar for hidden caches and the humming chests?
That particular hum tends to fade into the background for me so the problem I have is that all the ambient sounds in missions start to sound like the humming of caches. (After one particularly long farm, when I went to bed that night, I could hear the hum like a ringing in my ears & had a hard time falling asleep because of it.)

I use all the loot finding mods and Carrier to break away the normal chests/loot, but having a visual representation of the sound (ie. soft/infrequent blinking when at a certain distance & stronger/more frequent blinking when you are closer) would help a lot.

I'm not asking for a huge beacon to give the secret away, but just something visual that works in tandem with the way the sound already behaves.

Agreed, a small visual sounds nice. I frequently have the NVAC blowing into my ears and can't hear until I'm already there, not counting some of the PoE missions where it triggers the search with search area... and it ends up being underground.

I'd be happy if MOAs looked at it (inside... maybe 20m?) have Kubrow growl at it or something? That whine has to annoy the animals, right? And you'd still have to look at the dog, or cat, or robot, in order to get your cue... which is exactly how search dogs are used irl, let the doggo lead and try to keep up.

Until DE adds what you request, I have some advice to help you along:

Get a "can opener" warframe as well to delete as many loot icons from the map as quickly as possible; 1) max-range limbo, 2) max-range equinox.

Limbo is best because of continued energy regen in the safety of the rift as well as being able to aim and direct the cast point of cataclysm. Wait half a second to allow it to expand fully before pressing 4 again to deactivate it. Add intensify to guarantee it can destroy resource deposits too.

Once you cast 4, you just have to watch all the icons vanish - any icons that move a little are generated resources, and those that remain should be the cache.

Limbo is great finding hidden objects. I use him almost exclusively for syndicate missions (ie. finding medallions). But there's one issue. On high-level mission, you've probably going to enter limbo-mode so the hoards of enemies can't hurt you. Unfortunately, there's that "limbo fx noise" playing that masks almost all other sound including the hum from sabotage cache and special containers.