The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the Khora dichotomy: Spidercat (updated Valkitty?)

Desdemona-XI

1 hour ago, Desdemona-XI said:

whichever way you look at it, all i see is khora stuck between two half-formed frames and suffering for it in terms of cohesive play.

3/4 of the Abilities are all the usual of looped in together in a strict hierarchy of what order to Cast them in, plus a Support tool.
that's better than the alternative if you ask me, of 4/4 Abilities in a strict hierarchy of what order to Cast them in. when this Community says ""synergy"", they mean "force me to press buttons in a particular order in order to use the Warframe otherwise i'm doing it wrong". idk why people have such a hardon for designs that bad, but i guess removing creativity fits their capabilities, or something.

• Like 2

Le 16/09/2019 à 23:54, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

Well because at this time DE had bad warframe designs with inaccurate themes

Take revenant for example

Is he vampire? Is he eidolon? It's just so bad

Because designing Revenant as an upteenth vampire would have been a better design ?

You'd better play Castlevania at this point. 🙄

1 hour ago, 000l000 said:

Because designing Reveanant as an upteenth vampire would have been a better design ?

You'd better play Castlevania at this point. 🙄

Honestly its because either people are using a warframe for a single ability ONLY or they clearly do not do a proper look at the kits. If i had to nutshell Khora i would say she is a mobile tank with cc measures. She does not thrive at maximizing her stats like crazy and she has measures for locking down key targets (such as DEMOLYSTS!) or just plain hold a pathway down with strangle dome(similar to Vauban but she has the survivability and a augment for looter types for it, not to mention her only real straight up dps ability has the splash+melee modifier bonuses to make it work, Venari probably being what awkwardly stands out but since she gets a move speed buff and heal move on it plus she can sic her to prioritize targets for damaging/guarding/healing, its not an issue.

As for Revenant, well half his dang kit(all of it if we really got into it) is basically trash with dog-turd level of synergy. Especially Reeve & his lightshow of a 4th ability. Same could be said with his thralls, since it should of just let him spawn mimics or something after a enemy is marked & killed, if we wanted something to fit more in theme with sentients & eidolons, though they would need something mechanically useful such as unloading status procs like crazy while using some kind of ability that makes enemies unable to attack/target them or they get mesmer stacks too when they are spawned while you have mesmer skin on also, plus maybe add a neat gimmick where if a enemy is stunned by their mesmer skin, for about 1 to 3 seconds after that, they unloaded a spam of status proc damage on them.

As for the 3rd and 4th? Well if i had a link to some of my previous posts in earlier threads that bashed the Spookie ghost man for being terribly designed, i would link it, but to nutshell:

• His 3rd should of let him sink into the ground, causing a adaptive status proc wave when you do, allow you to move around underground then you can come outta the ground similar to a eidolon and just dumpster a bunch of status procs to bash enemies within range. Very least it would fit more with a eidolon theme, have more usefulness as a re-positioning tool and have something useful that does not ruin it against different factions, since clearly D.E. wanted to make Spookie boi have adaptive effects.
  • 4th Should of been the ability to load up some hydrolyst bombs, either as a channel charge up or set and forget and ability to detonate them early with of course some kind of energy drain in place while building up the nukes. Maybe even throw in guranteed shock proc small fields to make it have some cc before it booms some enemies if its going to lock revenant in a unable to move/shoot channel situation, since the actual damage is when the bombs go off, not the shock field.

Also for the thread poster`s title: I rather say Khora is more of a Cat-Lady who really loves Metal *shot*.

Edited by Avienas

3 hours ago, Avienas said:

Honestly its because either people are using a warframe for a single ability ONLY

Heh, guilty there. I focus mainly on Venari. Chains are secondary. Still with about 300 power Str, boosted by Maul and other damage mod, my metal kitty goes around tearing Heavy Grineer apart. Only the mini boss types can survive her assault. 160 AoE heal can rescue peeps as long as they don't run from her. (Happens most of the time, she's too slow)

As for disarm and knockdown.. I use it for amusement. Funny as hell watching Venari constantly CC lock one enemy.

7 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Heh, guilty there. I focus mainly on Venari. Chains are secondary. Still with about 300 power Str, boosted by Maul and other damage mod, my metal kitty goes around tearing Heavy Grineer apart. Only the mini boss types can survive her assault. 160 AoE heal can rescue peeps as long as they don't run from her. (Happens most of the time, she's too slow)

As for disarm and knockdown.. I use it for amusement. Funny as hell watching Venari constantly CC lock one enemy.

If you use the standard trinity of suvivability as i like to call it now:  Vitality, Steel fiber & Adaptation, most warframes with good health/armor bases become unkillable to almost anything but higher level trash or frustrating enemy types ,especially with Arcane Grace. Having a high amount of power str is mostly useful if you want to speed thru rathuum and abusing things like Venari who can wear primed animal instinct and not be excluded (like companions normally are), Having too much though basically leads to the same disorentation of a volt constantly spamming its haste move which can be jarring, yet the speed boost from Venari or Wisp is not as much so, might also be due to the scaling and sound effects though.

But yeah it does not help when a warframe was not properly tuned to deal with things like players moving around too much or certain effects leaving you stuck in a animation despite it should be a recast-able one handed action instead. Very least i find it nice when the possibility of using a warframe outside of so called niches or breaking norm metas (like using oberon, wisp, etc. for eidolon hunting instead, to where i wish the interaction with volt shields on amps would get removed as part of buffing operators own damage thru its focus skills being revamped. Certainly would be nice to have other survivability methods or other damage boosting sources with ease of use instead).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

a recent post of someone expressing dissatisfaction with valkyr actually reminded me of the irony that valkyr's designs are very feline, (except prime which was apparently inspired by a Bull, which is a topic for another day) but the warframe that gets the god-cat? the bdsm spiderwoman. they mentioned feeling that ripline was a waste of space and shouldnt exist (again my feelings on that arent the same, but it is an ability that was most useful in a time before parkour 2.0) 

So I wondered, What would happen if we swapped rip line and venari, adding ripline's abilities as a hold-cast for whipclaw, putting venari in Valkyr, and Giving her a little extra synergy, maybe having the mode venari is in add an effect to Warcry, a damage buff in attack, a damage reduction buff in defense, and a heal-over-time to heal mode perhaps? maybe allowing venari to share in Valkyr's invulnerability during her ult. or have paralysis eminate from venari as well? or some such.

Not really sure how I feel the result would play compared to Valkyr's natural role as a berserker tank but might be an appropriate update. though for DE that might mean having to retouch valkyr's model to add the mode-attachments (which i would be okay with as a more subtle attachment style display, like on shoulders and shoulderblades, but I also think those attachments should be redesigned as they are just vestigial indicators of damage type modes that khora and venari were never released with, which is why "im covered in blades so my cat can heal people" is a thing. so for that maybe switching venari's design slightly and encompassing more of an energy sort of display on valkyr with perhaps being less in-your-face. the least work, with perhaps the best result would be to use energy, something on her shoulderblades, her thighs, or waist perhaps,  her tail in her deluxe skin, shifting between something spikey (like the energy barbs her claws project from her bracers in non prime version) for attack, an armor like barrier for defense and perhaps something.. wing-like, or graceful curves, for healing, to sort of reference her name's origin, Valkyrie

Appending this to core post, will also include update time.