Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isn't it about time for DE to remove some PL prices?

cazadordoblekatana

Please, think of new players before answering "no, it should stay like it is", being critical and open to improvent is also important for the future of a game.

Is it worth for DE to keep the PL price on things like slots? (All type of slots, for waframes, weapons, sentinels, etc)

Maybe there's a case in arguing that they should keep the riven slots, but what about the rest? At this point, they are making money (and i'm glad they do) through skins, primes, etc., so aren't waframe slots just detrimental to new players wanting to experience the full game?

I think waframes and weapons are a key piece in this game's experience, so why make it so hard to earn? (I don't mean in the sense that it takes time to get, i mean the process of getting the items and ASLO having to worry about slots). Especially for new players, that won't get PL so easily, or people that don't want to farm the newest prime to trade.

I just think that this PL prices are an impediment in the way of the experience.

(Also, this would remove the first impression of a pay to win, and maybe if player retention grows it will mean more money for DE)

Yes, and this is thinking of new players too. We were all new once, and we got over it just fine. Players need to change their expectations when playing this game imo (instant gratification and all that). Having a bunch of gear in the foundry because you can’t claim them is totally fine, hell i had like 10 frames in the foundry at one point (that was 4 years ago). Nowadays it’s easier than ever to make plat compared to a few years back as well. This is a grindy F2P game, and this is a total fine system to have. Also, you can now get free slots by just playing the game through NW 

You can argue for potentially more slots at the start, or a Tip saying ‘oh, we recommend spending your starter plat on slots’ 

• Like 5

IMO there's nothing wrong with slots requiring plat as they are an important plat sink to keep the economy in balance.

However, I think there should be more slots at the start. Like, 2 more slots for frames and 4 for weapons. Actually, I don't think anyone would mind starter plat being removed altogether in favor of more slots.

Edited by Guest

I don’t think they should make any slots free...you can get 20 plat real easy through trading. Just get and bunch of prime junk and sell it for 12 or 13 plat, easy enough and if you don’t want to do that then support DE by buying even just the cheapest plat pack.

not trying to sound like I’m mad and if it comes across that way I’m sorry lol

• Like 1

I dont think slots should be free, I still have frames waiting for me to get slot so I can use them, so its part of the experience, also with nightwave you can get an easy extra slot each season.

What i think its the price itself should be dropped since there are many warframes now.

• Like 1

Platnum is main source of revenue for DE , at the end of the day games are buisnes and DE needs to pay bills , I personaly call it a "necessary evil" and to be fair everything game related is complitely free to play in warframe, wich is quite generous from DE side .

If one likes a game and devs to why not support it and buy some plat .

Incoherent babbling to follow:

Also i too like this game and this is not a personal attack on anyone,  i just think understanding how the games economy and how its creators make a profit to keep it going would be negatively affected.  I believe that most creators are looking at the game from a new player perspective but they also need them to invest in their vision.

So my thinking is this.   The most needed and used thing in the game is probably space for equipment.  It is also probably the cheapest Plat priced purchase in the game .  So if they removed that then they would be required to wait to make profit from the purchase of platinum or cosmetics which apparently would never happen because 12 plat for two weapon slots is too expensive.  Giving you all the space you need to build all the weapons and warframes and equipment your heart desires without any reason to spend plat doesnt make sense.  It would put the burden of supporting the game on a much smaller group of players .  Literally every useable item (not cosmetics, though some cosmetics are farmable) is obtainable through blueprints.  

i started this game when it was nothing like it is now. New players coming into it fresh, have alot of content to start with.  2 open areas, a crap ton of farmable frames and weapons. there are also alot of ways to earn plat for the clever.  

now as far the feeling of pay to win...  no purchase on your part will help you achieve anything greater than anyone else ..  it give you faster access but that is it ... it is primarily PVE..   if you said its pay to look pretty then sure.. its definitely a little of that but, again you could farm and earn plat for that stuff.

The only thing that can only be attainable through purchase is the Prime accessories pack.  So with that I would say at very least purchase a Prime accessory pack to get you started. First off with 1365 plat you could buy a good bit of space for all your ninja crap and give you a little starting capital to start trading. 

If you are passionate enough about the game to complain in a forum then you should support it, besides how many AAA titles have you spent your money on recently that didnt deliver the experience you were after.   

As I briefly go over my statements i dont want to sound like what people are calling White Knights .  I do really enjoy this game but i think as a new player, you havent yet hit the true issue of this game is yet, like alot of long time players. ( notice how i didnt say Veteran as i happen to be and actual prior service member and find it to be just wrong to consider yourself a veteran of anything, when there are people who actually put themeselves into harms way and can encounter a situation they wont respawn from .)

If you get to the end of all the content that is given freely you will be standing around picking out costumes for your frame because you are waiting for playable content (cooming soon TM) or helping new players get to that waiting room.

.... just saying

im sure someone will pick apart my ramblings