Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mod Low Drop Rate?

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Maybe I’m just having the worst luck but for the past 3-4 months of doing sorties, I haven’t been getting hardly any Rivens. Like 1 per 2 weeks of sorties. I remember getting roughly 1 per 3-4 sorties. 

So did DE reduced the drop rate of these rivens in an update that I’m not aware of or am I just having the worst luck these past few months? 

Doesn’t help when I’m getting rarer items more often than a riven. Like boosters and Orokin Jelly Beans. 

20 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

Just rng, you'll always get what you don't want, my mate doesn't really like rivens and wants Ayatans, so of course in 10 sorties last month, we got 7 rivens, 1 booster and 2 Ayatans.

Never usually fun to revisit a deadhorse of a topic, but to keep it short: Sorties, like many things, needs a refresher & tweak.

The fact they finally decided to move that 10k kuva reward in nightwave to be part of arbitations is just further making it easier to obtain kuva, endo is pretty much easy-street also thanks to arbitations, plus the other ways its not that difficult to get. Potatoes i feel have lost alot of rarity significance thanks to nightwave and what not, even if its for the junk value bit. I think not many people enjoy the daily bait of it after doing it so many times and only get clucked by that spinning wheel.

Heck, reminds me how again a certain mobile game which will soon be the only mobile game i play, plans to have its latest update, take alot of tedious/useless side content and condensed it into 1 system that covers 6 things, while also making them extremely beneficial again. Which i recall basically makes some daily, wait X hours for task to complete, sort of things will give out currency instead of having a chance to give certain craft mats. WHICH said currency can just be used to buy whatever specifically you want. Need mainly a particular resource for upgrading stuff? You can chase whichever specifically want, instead of hoping you get many tasks for the resource you need and hope each of them drops said resource.

Plus i think people would agree they would rather have the ability to do 7 sorties a week at ANY time of the week, instead of 1 sortie a day, so they can get it out of the way early or take there time, so they can put focus on things like working on new build ideas, farming arbitration or relics on a different part of the week...seriously its much better when people can rotate what they do over a period of time then repeat the same mundane tasks, which lost more and more of its value for the majority of its goods and the remaining good stuff has its own frustrations. 

On 2019-09-23 at 4:26 AM, Astralgen said:

well the reward is based on who the squad leader is 

For the most part, I’m the squad leader. And so far I got 4 Kuva and 3 drop chance boosters this past 7 days. Before that I got sculptures and endo which I currently have 40 sculptures and 440,000 endo. So at this point the whole squad leader thing doesn’t work/apply to me except to say that I’ve been having the worst luck in the past 3-4 months. But a lot of times I play solo.

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

On 2019-09-23 at 6:23 AM, Avienas said:

Never usually fun to revisit a deadhorse of a topic, but to keep it short: Sorties, like many things, needs a refresher & tweak.

The fact they finally decided to move that 10k kuva reward in nightwave to be part of arbitations is just further making it easier to obtain kuva, endo is pretty much easy-street also thanks to arbitations, plus the other ways its not that difficult to get. Potatoes i feel have lost alot of rarity significance thanks to nightwave and what not, even if its for the junk value bit. I think not many people enjoy the daily bait of it after doing it so many times and only get clucked by that spinning wheel.

The “potatoes” definitely gained more appearance but only slightly. Originally they appeared in alerts roughly once per 2 days. And usually just the Reactor and not the Catalyst. Roughly 4 Nitain appeared per day as well so a lot of players claiming those are no longer rare clearly haven’t been playing often to notice. 

I used a warframe alert app to let me know when a Nitain or “potato” appeared in the alerts. So the night wave actually guarantees that players who would have otherwise missed an opportunity for those items would be able to get them.

But either way all the endo, sculptures, kuva, and boosters are just a waste for me. Those things would help if I got a riven more often and luckily get the weapon I want. Otherwise they are currently collecting dust. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

The “potatoes” definitely gained more appearance but only slightly. Originally they appeared in alerts roughly once per 2 days. And usually just the Reactor and not the Catalyst. Roughly 4 Nitain appeared per day as well so a lot of players claiming those are no longer rare clearly haven’t been playing often to notice. 

I used a warframe alert app to let me know when a Nitain or “potato” appeared in the alerts. So the night wave actually guarantees that players who would have otherwise missed an opportunity for those items would be able to get them.

But either way all the endo, sculptures, kuva, and boosters are just a waste for me. Those things would help if I got a riven more often and luckily get the weapon I want. Otherwise they are currently collecting dust. 

Exactly, its why one of my more recent things i like to say for games like warframe is put some effort into smoothing out systems. Sortie & Syndicate missions could all use some more common currency usage since heck, even if you accounted for the lore, the 6 syndicate factions have been serving little dang purpose at all except death squad annoyance and further restricting goods you can get, unless your one of those min-max loons who can get all 6 factions to not hate you, but then your likely not keeping a sigil on at all times to peel points from 2 of them, only to have another one hate you so you gotta daily toggle those sigils. They need to just bloody remove the death squads and allow no rank down to occur and let syndicates send you daily gifts for all the hard work you have done for them (reaching rank 5). I would certainly like it if each gift the factions send are specific to what they cover and i can pick 2 or 3 of them i can get goods specific to them only if it has to have some restrictions.

In Sortie`s case, it might as well just honestly get merged with Nightwave to an extent with a Emergency Scramble thing where you could acquire general use creds for use, where Nora has a shop perma open even when Nightwave episodes are over so you can specifically buy endo, potatoes, kuva packets and a mystery riven mod. They could honestly just move Anasa statue into arbitration to keep them all together in one tidy place, plus able to appear in maroo`s goods or random spawn statues. As for the mini boosters? Just let us build up a meter where say after doing 5 days worth of Sortie (less if you probably clear BONUS objectives in the sortie), you can pick a mini booster out of 2 randomized choices(no duplicates), so people feel less clutched by it when they get a credit/resource drop chance booster, when they wanted the affinity or resource booster alot more. Which would especially be nice since now they want to cram a MOD CHANCE drop booster in despite deciding to nerf double dipping on loot frames.

Edited by Avienas

On 2019-09-25 at 8:07 AM, Avienas said:

They need to just bloody remove the death squads and allow no rank down to occur and let syndicates send you daily gifts for all the hard work you have done for them (reaching rank 5). I would certainly like it if each gift the factions send are specific to what they cover and i can pick 2 or 3 of them i can get goods specific to them only if it has to have some restrictions.

In Sortie`s case, it might as well just honestly get merged with Nightwave to an extent with a Emergency Scramble thing where you could acquire general use creds for use, where Nora has a shop perma open even when Nightwave episodes are over so you can specifically buy endo, potatoes, kuva packets and a mystery riven mod. They could honestly just move Anasa statue into arbitration to keep them all together in one tidy place, plus able to appear in maroo`s goods or random spawn statues. 

I'm not really in favor of removing the death squads and negative standing, as I like the interaction between the six base syndicates, but I would support either 1) removing death squads and negative standing and replacing with daily or weekly goods, to incentivize completing as many of the syndicate missions as possible, or 2) keeping the negatives in, but giving them more reason to be engaged, more rewards, additional drops from wiping out the hit squad, extra standing when killing it, etc. I love the syndicates, and they have pretty distinct styles and themes, I'd love to see people actually identify with them, as opposed to viewing them as useless. I do as many syndicate missions as I can stand during a week, I get most of my bonus standing, I always try and collect medallions, and I get a handful of relics from them just about every day, bare minimum.

Sorties, though, absolutely need a refresh in terms of rewards, even just in removing most of the pool that's already been distributed elsewhere:

Potatoes: Nightwave offers them, which is great as new players who NEED them desperately can get them by doing a couple real easy weeklies. Also pop up in Invasions.

Endo and Anasas: Move to either Arbitrations or other mission types. Exactly.

Kuva: Siphons, Disruption and/or the Fortress

Exilus Adapter: Simaris carries them if they're desperately needed, and they also pop up in Invasions.

Forma: In every other relic you open, see Invasions note.

With all those removed, that would leave Rivens, 3-Day Boosters and Legendary Cores, but you could probably add some other rare stuff, like Hexenon, Somatic Fibers, maybe put lenses back in.

I'm not outraged about rewards as other people are, but...I guess I'm a tiny bit annoyed as this seems like an easy thing to work on and change. Maybe it's just making the decisions and discussing it all that's holding it up.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)cardinalphoenix said:

With all those removed, that would leave Rivens, 3-Day Boosters and Legendary Cores, but you could probably add some other rare stuff, like Hexenon, Somatic Fibers, maybe put lenses back in.

Granted, Common resources would need to be present for those that could need them for the more inexperienced players, but they need to be more overall useful stuff. Such as maybe once again, use a currency system(you get currency for completing sortie and succeeding on bonus objectives to make players think more when they run into sortie) so we can just pick what we want and have sortie be a do up to 7 clears a week with them changing daily but we can do 7 rounds of the same sortie in a single day or spread them between those 7 or less days before reset to take the more casual route. Quite literally these 2 would kill a great deal of the gripe of a burn out of a old system.

Plus lets be honest, Legendary core needs to get permanently removed just like with the rest of the fusion cores OR make it where one can buy one after say 100 or so sortie completions, which basically translates to roughly a little over a quarter of a year, since it would become buyable then the memes about its absurd drop rate could die down and maybe force the players who do chatter about it to pay alot, though honestly it should just be removed since it would be a useless trap and i do not think many people would pay a signficant amount for a fusion core that cuts out costs, when its so absurdly easy to farm endo you could likely rank 2 to 4 primed mods in a single day of effort.

Random riven pack (basically gives you a riven mod at a randomized chance with lower odds for kitgun/zaw/shotgun rivens, Boosters, potatoes, exilus adaptors and a forma bundle packet would be the perfect setup for the currency. If people want to gripe they could put endo and kuva packs in also but the former would need to be changed from 4k to around 8k-10k and the latter to around 10500 so to match up for 3 rolls on a dirtied up riven mod.

I'm not outraged about rewards as other people are, but...I guess I'm a tiny bit annoyed as this seems like an easy thing to work on and change. Maybe it's just making the decisions and discussing it all that's holding it up.

Honestly the main issue is they never done anything to a old system and now that some outrages are popping up between plenty of content creators expressing some major issues on warframe, plus whatever tolerance has long since weared out has broken thru the patchwork stall-work, well its clear D.E. needs to fix up the commonly used systems with some actual maintenance work then thinking slapping stickers on will make it all better. 

Because for cripes sake, if D.E. does nothing major on QoL tune ups when Empyrean finally rolls in, then its going to be quite the outrage. Since i assume we got the update with Grendel to occur before they roll out Empyrean`s Railjack after, which if i also recall hearing correctly, they planned to pre-release some of the Railjack bits like building the Dry Docks to save some Clans times on getting ready for it.

Edited by Avienas

3 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Granted, Common resources would need to be present for those that could need them for the more inexperienced players, but they need to be more overall useful stuff.

Because for cripes sake, if D.E. does nothing major on QoL tune ups when Empyrean finally rolls in, then its going to be quite the outrage. Since i assume we got the update with Grendel to occur before they roll out Empyrean`s Railjack after, which if i also recall hearing correctly, they planned to pre-release some of the Railjack bits like building the Dry Docks to save some Clans times on getting ready for it.

No I know, I'm just riffing here mostly, brainstorming like everyone else, but you're right, there's probably better things than just resources that could occur there, that's true.

And I agree, Empyrean should bring about some pretty sweeping reward refreshes, since they want Empyrean in general to NOT be "just an island we visit, but the thing that connects and updates the whole game." That would mean most reward tables would need refreshing or looking over. And hopefully, that shouldn't be hard. Just needs to be focused on by them is all.

On 2019-09-23 at 2:44 AM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Maybe I’m just having the worst luck but for the past 3-4 months of doing sorties, I haven’t been getting hardly any Rivens. Like 1 per 2 weeks of sorties. I remember getting roughly 1 per 3-4 sorties. 

So did DE reduced the drop rate of these rivens in an update that I’m not aware of or am I just having the worst luck these past few months? 

Doesn’t help when I’m getting rarer items more often than a riven. Like boosters and Orokin Jelly Beans. 

They are the "rarest" COMMON reward on the table.

5 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

They are the "rarest" COMMON reward on the table.

This is pretty much one of the reasons i got burnt out on Final Fantasy 14 raid-drop loot. Chasing after specific drops for 4 different smoll boss fights a day or the weekly big raid gear stuff where each has a pool of around 12 or so types of gear(or the parts for the most recently released one) between 5 or so sets of gear or parts to stockpile to exchange for the gear and you had to roll compete to get the parts you want is basically the same as `rarest-common drops`, they could spawn plenty of times but because only 4 items spawn, half the people usually get clutched and its even worst when everyone were say, only chasing after shaft or spring parts only to get the body or leg armor where you usually would only see 2 or even 1 of those pop up, especially when you needed 4 parts to make the biggest part of the 8 piece equip set, followed by the gloves/hat/boots at 2 parts each respectively.

Only good thing is that Sortie is only one thing a day, though i kind of miss Raids, having no quick match-making setup for it on Warframe made it somewhat a pain to do those on a daily basis or so for all 4 of them, though technically i only did 1 or 2 a day since i was no-where near geared as i am to massacre the nightmare versions, as some people were able to and likely could now with how much power creep gear that exists now.

Never the less, i will continue to stay away from Sortie till it turns into we need to clear a sortie to get a key for a special boss fight. Kind of why i am now motivated to chase after outbreak spamming so i can hoarde keys for that new weapon, even if its for the most part Literally a CERATA except with IPS and Viral innate and a fancy gimmick!