Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

rank 9 test impossible for me

xreaperx22

first i want to say i love this game,one of the best mmo's in a long long time,but unfortunately ill have to stop playing because one of the rank up tests is impossible for me to complete,its the mastery rank 9 test,its a stealth test where you cant use any abilities and have to kill all the enemies without being detected...im sure for the average player this isnt that hard but i am a disabled vet,and my hand shakes a lot while playing,this doesnt effect my normal play but in that mission i just cant get it done.But i had a blast playing so far and i guess i cant complain to much,just a shame something so trivial can stop me in my tracks,anyways just a suggestion,maybe lower the enemy count or something for those that cant do certain things.

• Like 1

use enemy radar you can identify where enemy is looking

use channeling you can evaporate body so enemies dont get alert

use skiajati that come with umbra stealth kill with skiajati provide you 5sec invisibility before you attack

practice, repeat, gradually youll find your feet and overcome it

In case you still need some tips...
Pick the melee weapon with the longest range you have such as Guandao, Atterax ...(any polearm or whip should do). Put Reach (Primed Reach if you have it) on it, equip some enemy detection mod and be patient. Choose a path and start taking out the enemies one by one.
They usually follow same/similar pattern and after observing for a while you can choose the right moment to attack. Sneak/crouch behind columns, wait for the moment when they look the opposite direction or start walking away from you and with some decent range melee you can make the kill from a safe distance without exposing yourself for too long. Hide behind something immediately and pick the next target.
I am sure you know you can practice at Simaris place so go and practice 🙂

Most importantly : Doing or not doing the mastery test doesn't block your progression. You can still farm up weapons and gear (even if your mastery bar is filled with xp, it will just get carried onto rank 10). Mastery test 9 is one of the hardest, so find YOUR way of completing it (among so many methods) and once it's done, you'll get out with a experience of stealth which is welcomed in the game.

But to bounce on above comment :

You can practice the mastery test in Simaris room (in a relay).
You can cheese this test with plenty of weapon and frames.

If you cant find a way to do it, there is many tutorial online that you can check.

• Like 1