Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon rolls on Rivens

(PSN)de_sch0sch

Why are they random? I can't get my head arround why they've been implemented with 2 layers of rng. I'd like to use them do save a slot on a few of my weapons but hoping to get that one roll out of 100 possibilities or paying tons of plat (if that weapon is popular) isn't my beer.

Prices for rivens for meta weapons would probably drop significantly, but that's hardly a negative. Is there any conept behind other than pay/grind to overcome rng?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Shustas:

Yes please, let us choose riven stats we desire in a pve game for whatever the added costs

Not talking about stats. Just the weapon the riven is used for. the random stats are an ok grind and people who want to invest into that and sell them afterwards should be rewarded for their work. It's just that the weapon is picked radomly which should be the weapon you did the challenge with.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb 0_The_F00l:

Cause RNG is a more assured time delay and rarity inflator than anything else at the moment. 

That's exactly what I don't like about it, but then I wonder why there are no other complaining about it.

Edited by (PS4)de_sch0sch

Honestly, the RNG in warframe is considered bearable, even can be considered spoiling the players with the drop chance.

About that roll, I doubt it should be worked on, since this means more rivens for "meta weapons" that will make more people complain "there's no challenge".

Also, sortie is a daily short time play and it's hardly can be called grind since you can finish it in less than an hour

vor 2 Minuten schrieb 844448:

Honestly, the RNG in warframe is considered bearable, even can be considered spoiling the players with the drop chance.

About that roll, I doubt it should be worked on, since this means more rivens for "meta weapons" that will make more people complain "there's no challenge".

Also, sortie is a daily short time play and it's hardly can be called grind since you can finish it in less than an hour

Yeah, it's more of a time gate then a grind. Wich makes the double layered rng even worse imho.

There is no challenge to begin with. Rivens don't have any impact on that.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)de_sch0sch said:

Yeah, it's more of a time gate then a grind. Wich makes the double layered rng even worse imho.

There is no challenge to begin with. Rivens don't have any impact on that.

You haven't seen multiple layered RNG yet, this is very mild

No challenge to begin with? I really doubt you never died or failed a mission before and rivens as you said on meta weapons, it will have massive impact where more people can stack more stats so I don't think you've thought about this

vor 1 Minute schrieb 844448:

You haven't seen multiple layered RNG yet, this is very mild

No challenge to begin with? I really doubt you never died or failed a mission before and rivens as you said on meta weapons, it will have massive impact where more people can stack more stats so I don't think you've thought about this

Oh I've failed many missions because of deaths. It was either bad play or missing knowledge but never not bringing gear with a riven. There have been builds that allowed to do any level of content imagiable with ease, before rivens even existed. I don't use rivens, for reasons mentioned above.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)de_sch0sch said:

Oh I've failed many missions because of deaths. It was either bad play or missing knowledge but never not bringing gear with a riven. There have been builds that allowed to do any level of content imagiable with ease, before rivens even existed. I don't use rivens, for reasons mentioned above.

Means there's still some challenges that require you to play well or have some knowledge, otherwise you would never die or fail from that

Still no challenge? Let's balance things out yeah? Surely you don't mind having enemies that hit harder or slightly tougher or your gears balanced for the sake of having a challenge

vor 2 Minuten schrieb 844448:

Means there's still some challenges that require you to play well or have some knowledge, otherwise you would never die or fail from that

Still no challenge? Let's balance things out yeah? Surely you don't mind having enemies that hit harder or slightly tougher or your gears balanced for the sake of having a challenge

Where is your point regarding rivens? None of this justifies the arbitrary means of aquireing a riven for a favorite piece of gear.