Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need advice on which secondary to use

devildevil21

Question

If you're reading this, thank you for your time to help a fellow tenno, I'm really grateful. WIthout further delay, let me get to the topic at hand.

My loadout is:
Wisp (all-around build)

Fulmin

Akjagara Prime

Tatsu

Smeeta kavat

I spend most of my missions equipped with fulmin, and once I reach the 0 ammo mark or the enemy gets close to melee range, I swap to tatsu to finish the job. However, sometimes I am met with situations like high hp enemies that my loadout can't kill properly (e.g., the disruption mini-bosses in todays sortie), and I am left clueless how to get rid of the target properly. Which is why I'm looking for a secondary weapon that can complement my current build. I don't think I'm lacking in AoE damage, but I am probably lacking in single-target killing power.

My question is: Which secondary weapon would complement my build? While my idea is inclined towards single target weaponry, I wouldn't be asking for help from you if I wasn't open to any secondary, be it throwable, one-shots, beams, bursts or even autos.

Thank you for your assistance,

devildevil21

5 answers to this question

Fulmin isn't really much of an 'AoE' Weapon perse, the Shotgun Projectile is only about the size of a Watermelon. able to hit say 2-3 Enemies with one Shot, but that's about it.

if you still do want a Single Target sort of Weapon and aren't going to be interested in a Weapon that is apt for debuffing Enemies with Status Effects, then...

• Lex Prime (or Vasto Prime which functions like a higher Rate of Fire but lower Damage version of Lex)
  • Pandero (like a Vasto but leaning more towards Damage per Shot than it)
  • Quatz
  • Euphona Prime
  • Pyrana Prime
  • Sicarus Prime
  • Sancti Castanas
  • Kulstar (mostly with a Riven)
  • a Kitgun of your choice

or, for some Utility options

• Sonicor
  • Zakti

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Fulmin isn't really much of an 'AoE' Weapon perse, the Shotgun Projectile is only about the size of a Watermelon. able to hit say 2-3 Enemies with one Shot, but that's about it.

if you still do want a Single Target sort of Weapon and aren't going to be interested in a Weapon that is apt for debuffing Enemies with Status Effects, then...

• Lex Prime (or Vasto Prime which functions like a higher Rate of Fire but lower Damage version of Lex)
  • Pandero (like a Vasto but leaning more towards Damage per Shot than it)
  • Quatz
  • Euphona Prime
  • Pyrana Prime
  • Sicarus Prime
  • Sancti Castanas
  • Kulstar (mostly with a Riven)
  • a Kitgun of your choice

or, for some Utility options

• Sonicor
  • Zakti

Thanks for the weapon ideas! By the way, when I said I had AoE covered, it's because of wisp's 3rd skill, Breach Surge. With tatsu's high range and the fact I can hit multiple enemies with fulmin, there are constant sparks flying out of enemies, hitting other enemies for up to 100k dmg, one-shotting those, which is why I don't have a problem with dealing with multiple enemies. When the enemy is alone however, I have some trouble defeating it (depends on the enemy).

Will check those weapons asap and see which I prefer, thanks again!

You can actually switch to Fulmin's auto fire mode for a focused single target attack if you need. It can effectively take down the disruption demolysts with the right build.

But as for suggestions for secondaries, I would highly suggest kitguns. If you dont have access to kitguns yet, then go for Quatz, Pyrana Prime, Staticor (its AoE), Secura Dual Cestra, Atomos.. Although to be honest, even Akjagara Prime is pretty powerful with a good build. So you can continue using that.

8 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

when I said I had AoE covered, it's because of wisp's 3rd skill, Breach Surge.

When the enemy is alone however, I have some trouble defeating it (depends on the enemy).

aha.

well, aside from just a more Single Target focused Weapon, Damage Multiplying Abilities (not exactly relevant in your case if you will be using Wisp) are also useful, as well as CC'ing Demolysts. while they will dispel any effects on them every... 5 seconds or so, in between those times you can apply Slows and some types of immobilizations to them, which gives you significantly more time to Kill it.
a universal option is Temporal Blast (Zenurik Focus), since it isn't a Warframe Ability. Exodia Epidemic might work but i don't remember if i tried it.

alternatively, you could try your luck with Sol Gate. i'd probably only bother vs the Grineer Demolysts (the Infested ones will be massively resistant and the Corpus ones will be moderately resistant before you break their Shield, though some of the Corpus ones will be vulnerable after you break their Shield) however. 
but, since you can give it Corrosive Status, and Damage increases the longer the Enemy is hit, it could be a potential option. for the sake of your Damage, try to not wave the Beam over the Enemy as it will apply Corrosive Status faster and you don't want to Strip the Armor of the Demolyst, as then you'll do significantly less Damage. you only want to mostly weaken it. the Damage Bonus only builds when you are hitting an Enemy continuously anyways.
so, it could work. it'll be Energy expensive to use ofcourse, but it could work. to help with the Energy uh, for the first 5 seconds of shooting the Demolyst, i would use the normal fire mode. and then after 5 seconds, switch to boost. that would be the most Energy efficient way to shoot for extended periods.