Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doing Away With Alternate Stat Helmets

RedxWings

Ok, the next sentence will make you hate me instantly.

Make alternate stat helmets plat only.

EDIT: This sentence seems to get everyone in a fit of rage, let me explain more clearly. I'm taking away the stats away from the helmets, and turning them purely into COSMETICS. The stats will be separate from the helmet, so you are not tied to the helmet if you want a specific stat.

WAIT WAIT, BEFORE YOU BURN ME, IT'S NOT GOING TO BE AS BAD AS YOU THINK.

Ok, here's a wonderful chart provided by the warframe wiki with all the stat increases and decreases:

qfc5.png

"Well why would I care?" You might ask, "You're locking these helmets behind a paywall. SHAME ON YOU."

What I want to do is to separate the helmet and the stats. Take a look here:

x91l.png

The 0, I, II, and III indicate what tier the nodes are. The higher, the better. The letters A and B differentiate each node from the other if there were more than 1 node in a tier.

Of course, there are probably some severe unbalances that I probably overlooked, such as a tier I node should be a tier III node or vice versa. And there are tiers that should be filled more than others assuming this does get implemented. (i.e. tier 0, maybe 1 and II [lol +10% max stamina for -10% power duration? Uhhhh no.]

Here's the important part:

Each warframe has a max of 5 points and 3 slots. (Or whatever works.)

Each tier indicates the amount of points taken. Each node takes up 1 slot.

You can't share nodes between warframes. (well that's what I'd like to do IF AND ONLY IF nodes becoming a common reward and maybe take less resources? Up to DE.)

So for example, as an rhino, I really want to bulk up on my health, shields, and armor.

So I would go for an ARMOR NODE II (A), HEALTH NODE II (A), and a SHIELD NODE I (A).

My total stats would be:

+25% armor

+15% health

+15% shield

-5% health (equating to a +10% health overall)

-3% movement speed

-5% power efficency

You see the fun in this? We can create our own unique builds and maybe rely a little less on mods. (who am I kidding, streamline on everything ftw)

Now there is some potentially overpowered builds, but with a healthy tweaking to tiers or values themselves, it should be all worked out.

But, but, what do I do with the alt helmet blueprints that I currently have? Simple. If you build the helmet, you get the node and the helmet.

Nodes are now alert rewards that ARE COMMONLY GIVEN OUT (DE, I SAID COMMONLY.) and require to be crafted before you put it in your warframe.

Another perk? If you hate how a helmet looks, you don't have to wear it! The stats are INDEPENDENT of the helmet. The alternate helmets are PURELY cosmetic, and can only be bought with plat. (maybe lower the price? Again, DE's call.)

But.....BUT....I didn't have a chance to get the alternate helmets at all? :CCCCC

WEEKEND EVENT TIME! Here DE can test out how well the node system works and players can get a crack at alternate helmet alerts, that happens much more frequently. (maybe 1 hour for each alternate helmet?)

Feedback/countersuggestions/opinions/apples are all welcome.

Edited by RedxWings

I don't think anything should go plat only. Before I get trolled into oblivion for being a founder and why would I care about plat, This is meant to be free to play with everything not needing money to obtain. It may take a while to get stuff without plat but the option is still there. I like the idea of being able to customize our helmets stats though. Put some streamline or power duration on dat sexy Loki Swindle helm :).

To be honest somehow I approve the idea. Maybe make highest tier nodes warframe-specific to emphasize their role? Those nodes should come with alt helmets only. But plat wall is a bad idea - the idea is that everything that affects gameplay should be possible to acquire for free (so alerts).

No.

Such an elaborated opinion supported by constructive arguments!

Edited by xGryphus

No.

Oooh, maybe I should post a "Yes" to balance this out! :D

I don't think anything should go plat only. Before I get trolled into oblivion for being a founder and why would I care about plat, This is meant to be free to play with everything not needing money to obtain. It may take a while to get stuff without plat but the option is still there. I like the idea of being able to customize our helmets stats though. Put some streamline or power duration on dat sexy Loki Swindle helm :).

Well some things are plat only (namely scarves and sentinel accesories), but this is an idea to encourage DE to create alternate helmets that don't affect the gameplay.

To be honest somehow I approve the idea. Maybe make highest tier nodes warframe-specific to emphasize their role? Those nodes should come with alt helmets only. But plat wall is a bad idea - the idea is that everything that affects gameplay should be possible to aquire for free so alerts.

Such an elaborated opinion supported by constructive arguments!

Nononono, you misunderstand me. I only meant for the actual alternate helmet to be plat only. The nodes itself are acquire through alerts, almost really common for the tier 0 and I, slightly rarer for tier II, and slightly rarer than that for tier III.

I believe that the only things that should be plat only are cosmetic.

Anything that affects gameplay in any form should be obtainable with actual gameplay.

No, you are misunderstanding me.

The thing that affects gameplay is the stats, no?

So I'm saying to make the stats into a whole separate thing, and make the helmets themselves plat only. (But they'll still be available to people who have attained them.)

Didn't they say the weren't going to make Alt helmets have stats on them anymore ? And new ones are just cosmetics ?

Yes but what about old helmets? Using old helmet with stats will be more efficient then purely cosmetic new. OP introduced quite reasonable way to make old helmets purely cosmetic and retain stats alternation at the same time. The new "nod system" would also bring a whole new level of customization. It's all there - just ignore the part about plat and go for the point.

OP is late to the party.  Stat helmets are going to be cycled out and further helmets won't affect stats.

I know that new alt helmets will be statless. Nekros' alt helmet is statless. But why would you ever use a statless helmet when there is this helmet that gives you a boost?

Yes but what about old helmets? Using old helmet with stats will be more efficient then purely cosmetic new. OP introduced quite reasonable way to make old helmets purely cosmetic and retain stats alternation at the same time. The new "nod system" would also bring a whole new level of customization. It's all there - just ignore the part about plat and go for the point.

Thank you for understanding me. D: Maybe putting in the word "plat" was too strong, I thought it was just a word to lightly toss around.

Edited by RedxWings

It's real simple.

- When you get a Alt Helm, you get 2 items.

- The first item is the Cosmetic Helm.

- The second is the Stat Bit.

- BOTH are selected from the "Appearance" tab in the Arsenal.

- You may only select ONE Cosmetic Helm at a time.

- You may only select ONE Stat Bit as a time.

Think of the Stat Bit selection like the way you select an Animation Set.

DONE.

It's real simple.

- When you get a Alt Helm, you get 2 items.

- The first item is the Cosmetic Helm.

- The second is the Stat Bit.

- BOTH are selected from the "Appearance" tab in the Arsenal.

- You may only select ONE Cosmetic Helm at a time.

- You may only select ONE Stat Bit as a time.

Think of the Stat Bit selection like the way you select an Animation Set.

DONE.

While that's a lot easier to implement and understand, it really does not allow for any customization and doesn't follow what DE has done for cosmetics.

Uninstall Warframe and delete your account. You are just starting another flame thread.

People do not like you.

Well now that you've stated your opinion, you feel good about yourself?

Because, er, I never started a flame thread, really, just suggestion threads without that many responses. So you know, if you'd kindly be less obliviously blunt and crude, I'd appreciate some actual feedback.

While that's a lot easier to implement and understand, it really does not allow for any customization and doesn't follow what DE has done for cosmetics.

If they choose to add further customization later with the addition of more Stat Bits, then my suggestion does not get in the way of that. Also, it respects the time and effort players have already committed to their current alt helms.

As for it not following what DE has done for cosmetics ... the only other cosmetic items are the Sashs. And my suggestion is not a tangible difference in terms of cost. Only implementation. And in that respect, if can be the same as originally released if the player decides to keep it that way. (Like for example my Aura Helm... I like both the cosmetic and stat for it.)

If they choose to add further customization later with the addition of more Stat Bits, then my suggestion does not get in the way of that. Also, it respects the time and effort players have already committed to their current alt helms.

As for it not following what DE has done for cosmetics ... the only other cosmetic items are the Sashs. And my suggestion is not a tangible difference in terms of cost. Only implementation. And in that respect, if can be the same as originally released if the player decides to keep it that way. (Like for example my Aura Helm... I like both the cosmetic and stat for it.)

I'd argue the sentinel parts are the other cosmetic stuff. And for the other point, I think that really makes both of our ideas rather similar. I wanted people to choose whatever stats they want, and choose whatever helmet they want. You're free to match the exact stat boost to the correct helmet, but nothing's compelling you to. :P And players keep all their alternate helmets, just that they get the "node" and the helmet itself.

I'd argue the sentinel parts are the other cosmetic stuff. And for the other point, I think that really makes both of our ideas rather similar. I wanted people to choose whatever stats they want, and choose whatever helmet they want. You're free to match the exact stat boost to the correct helmet, but nothing's compelling you to. :P And players keep all their alternate helmets, just that they get the "node" and the helmet itself.

That's True... and there's also color pallets, badges and forum icons. But I was trying focus on the Tenno's physical appearance.

I don't think that the cosmetic aspect of Helms should be for Platinum Only. Like making anything cosmetic a rote, real-mony purchase.

It's perfectly okay for different aspects of a game to follow different rules so long as those rules are up front.

Players could choose whatever stats they want, provided DE implemented a system of acquiring new Nodes/Bits. But as for the Helms already in existsence. My suggestion provides a transnational measure from the current system into yours ^^

That's True... and there's also color pallets, badges and forum icons. But I was trying focus on the Tenno's physical appearance.

I don't think that the cosmetic aspect of Helms should be for Platinum Only. Like making anything cosmetic a rote, real-mony purchase.

It's perfectly okay for different aspects of a game to follow different rules so long as those rules are up front.

Players could choose whatever stats they want, provided DE implemented a system of acquiring new Nodes/Bits. But as for the Helms already in existsence. My suggestion provides a transnational measure from the current system into yours ^^

Well I wanted the node/bit system to be integrated into the alert system, because honestly, that thing has rarely been touched after the fix. Maybe a node for every other alert, something easy to obtain so people don't go "RNG is too RNG.

Kind of restating something I said before.

My own personal difference was that I believe the "nodes" should come with the alternate art helmet, and that would be the way to acquisition them--either one can be used without the other, but actually acquiring the "node" would require acquiring the helmet it's assigned to.

I'm not entirely sure about being able to swap them between frames, though... on the one hand, it sounds cool, on the other hand, it could lead to some very over-powered builds. Perhaps the best way to handle it would be our old friend the polarity slot--every frame's default "nodes" would match their polarity slot, so you could do some mixing and matching, but not without a bit of effort, or loss of effect.

This is the exact thing I don't want happening. While seperating stats from alt helms is probably a good idea, it gives DE an excuse to make them plat-exclusive. It's bad enough that they try to money-grab on things like clan emblems already. I'd rather have some options in cosmetics without having to pay simply because "it doesn't affect gameplay."

My suggestion:
tier I - common nodes - rare Orokin Derelict (and possibly any other maps that would be unlocked similar way) drop - pretty much equal exchange (eg. 5% gain for 5% loss)
tier II - uncommon nodes - rare Orokin Void drop - a bit better trade-off (eg 10% gain for 5% loss)
tier III - rare nodes - only comes with corresponding helmet (automatically grated upon helmet acquisition - either built from alert BP or plat-brought) - best trade-off but warframe specific

Alt helmets can't be changed to plat only just like that. Why? Because they already released and new players wouldn't get fair chance to get them free like old players. Syandanas on the other hand were released plat exclusive from the start.

Edited by xGryphus

This is the exact thing I don't want happening. While seperating stats from alt helms is probably a good idea, it gives DE an excuse to make them plat-exclusive. It's bad enough that they try to money-grab on things like clan emblems already. I'd rather have some options in cosmetics without having to pay simply because "it doesn't affect gameplay."

No doubt I do agree with you that turning alt helmets to plat only is a cheap shot, but really is it any better to depend on the alert system? Sure you might get it for free if you're lucky, but if DE lowers the alt helmet prices to like 20-30 plat, I'd say it be a pretty compelling price without the hassle of RNG.

My suggestion:

tier I - common nodes - rare Orokin Derelict (and possibly any other maps that would be unlocked similar way) drop - pretty much equal exchange (eg. 5% gain for 5% loss)

tier II - uncommon nodes - rare Orokin Void drop - a bit better trade-off (eg 10% gain for 5% loss)

tier II - rare nodes - only comes with corresponding helmet (automatically grated upon helmet acquisition - either built from alert BP or plat-brought) - best trade-off

Alt helmets can't be changed to plat only just like that. Why? Because they already released and new players wouldn't get fair chance to get them free like old players. Syandanas on the other hand were released plat exclusive from the start.

I'm assuming the rare nodes are tier 3 :P. But a problem arises imo, would you take a 5% energy gain for a 5% stamina loss? I definitely would. xD But putting the nodes into missions aren't a bad idea. I thought putting it into the alert system as a frequent drop (much much more than resources) would make alerts meanwhile.

And the alt helmet situation, I do agree it's unfair to newbies. I thought of like a weekend event were alt helmets were round the clock alerts and DE could test out the node system. But of course, I'm perfectly fine if the helmets weren't plat only.