Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How will Zenistar be effected by Range Mod changes?

Zahnny

5 hours ago, Valiant said:

@MonsieuRoberts never realised how poor the base range was without mods. Ouch. 

Yeah, with no range mods it's only marginally useful for maybe a doorway in a low level mission. It just doesn't cover enough ground to ensure a group of enemies would remain within it long enough to die.

That's why Range is so important for it, and why I'm concerned about what will happen to it when new Range calculations come next week. If it's ignored or unintentionally changed, it will become useless.

3 hours ago, MonsieuRoberts said:

Yeah, with no range mods it's only marginally useful for maybe a doorway in a low level mission. It just doesn't cover enough ground to ensure a group of enemies would remain within it long enough to die.

That's why Range is so important for it, and why I'm concerned about what will happen to it when new Range calculations come next week. If it's ignored or unintentionally changed, it will become useless.

Yeah definitely. I've got a range Riven myself as well so I've been a bit concerned too. I don't use this weapon all the time but I do take it out for certain objectives sometimes. 

On 2019-10-21 at 11:54 AM, Zahnny said:

First off, I made a trading mistake. And I don't seek a refund or compensation, this is my own fault and I'll live with that.

Just a day or two ago I came across a really amazing Zenistar range riven mod and scooped it up for 200p It wasn't until after I finished the deal and returned to my Liset and tested it out that I began to realise my mistake. Range is being changed with the next Mainline and possibly nerfing the stat, so I'm curious.

What's gonna happen to the Zenistar's range after the update? Currently I get about 9m with Primed Reach and with my riven, I'm getting about 14m (74.9% range riven) I'm concerned with the update the disc might end up with an extremely low range, maybe even lower than 9m. The only thing I can really ask is an exception to the Zenistar, but I don't think I'll find much luck in that.

How badly have I messed up, Tenno?

Your concern is valid. I hope the range for the disc can get buffed. I don’t even see any players using this is game and have almost never seen anyone using the disc. *200P is not much.

well for me the zenistar disc is a breath of fresh air after going through all the stances with their one size fits all spin combos. its nice to throw the disc and let it do all the spinning and killing, and if an enemy ventures too close a quick slam attack to knock it down.

I cant understand for the life of the game why when a person uses a whip and goes on a rampage ( mostly newer players) you are all hating. even those who used to spin themselves dizzy with jat kittag back in the day.

I've supported this game and this is my day 600 reward and I more than deserve all its amenities for my blind dedication to this game. we have been going through the whining and nerfs since 2014 non stop and its almost 2020 it's about time we "evolved" and let the spin to win players do their thing and those of us who doesn't like whips in general can always do our thing solo or pre built squads.

why not talk about how the changes will affect abilities that works with the combo meter like radial javelin  or valkyrs and garuda's claws?? all the good parts of melee are going away and I sure as hell hate guns but I don't whine about rivens, mandatory mods etc, I try to enjoy the part of the game that is ok to me.

Range was not effected on mine but the Disc only lasts 10 seconds now when you throw it  😖

To get more duration you have to get your combo counter up. I got it to 80 seconds with a few swings. Will take some getting used to . It does seem to be pretty fun though for melee now. Was taking out 120 heavy gunners with ease in test area. 

Edited by bananacat89