Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave is not a friendly environment.

(XBOX)CultLordKuva

No. He neglects to show it in this video. 

And at what point is there any teaming in this video? I see you're struggling with the other guy, but its mostly you fighting him, and occasionally me coming in. You can also see me nope out a lot. Because you're shooting me through walls and hammering me Wisdom.. 

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

This supposed teammate wouldn't happen to be me. Would it?

But its funny you ask this, considering you're a commenter on his live stream. So you obviously know him. And appear to be friends. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

There was literally no one else playing in this incident that was not in the video

In this video you're correct. There are no players other than the other rando. But you can also clearly see kills against that player. You're very clever in your posting however. As you managed to not post where you were teaming with another person the match after. And then after that had a third player too. 

In this video, I never once help or aid the other player that was wrecking you with Boltace. There are however, a few times I come in to try and get opportunitt attacks against you both and either fail, or do so and then promptly retreat.

And again, you said earlier that if you use certain weapons or elevate your threat level that this happens. So why are you salty now? You were the most aggressive player, isnt it only natural for multiple players to attack you then? I mean, by your own logic. 

But that doesnt mean people are teaming, it just means you attracted the attention of every player by being the leader. 

Edited by (XB1)Wham A Hand

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Wham A Hand said:

But its funny you ask this, considering you're a commenter on his live stream. So you obviously know him. And appear to be friends. 

We know each other through the official Conclave discord server https://discord.gg/0o35sDMUR9RSWTWz <-- invite link

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Wham A Hand said:

As you managed to not post where you were teaming with another person the match after. And then after that had a third player too. 

Give names. I don't remember any of these people who I'm apparently teaming with.

Was just told it's against rules to name players. But I believe it was the rando from the video, only in the next round. In the map with high up conduits you can jump to. The one with the boxcars. Anyways, specifically recall watching you in the small center building shooting through walls (an impressive feat either way.) And on the part where the cam switches to the player that killed you, saw you with said player, in the same room. And neither of you attack each other. Even though the guy is right in front of you like 5 meters away with his back to you. And you guys run around in circles. 

Edited by (XB1)Wham A Hand

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Wham A Hand said:

Agreed. Although I'd like to see it improve, its obvious by this thread iit won't happen.

Most of the blame for Conclave's lack of competitiveness comes down to DE not wanting to work on improving Conclave and also this gamemode being combined with a relatively mindless looter shooter in which a fast paced quake-like pvp mode does not fit in. The toxicity of the community has nothing to do with it. Everyone could be the friendliest people on the planet, but that won't prevent people from leaving the community because the developers won't pool any resources into it and the rewards are generally underwhelming. 

35 minutes ago, Mokotowskie said:

Most of the blame for Conclave's lack of competitiveness comes down to DE not wanting to work on improving Conclave and also this gamemode being combined with a relatively mindless looter shooter in which a fast paced quake-like pvp mode does not fit in. The toxicity of the community has nothing to do with it. Everyone could be the friendliest people on the planet, but that won't prevent people from leaving the community because the developers won't pool any resources into it and the rewards are generally underwhelming. 

That's fair. I agree with this analysis, but I disagree on one point. The toxicity of a community can quickly kill new player base. And in fact, discourage further attempts.

Generally speaking, most games with a age of 13 and up would want a welcoming environment. 

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Wham A Hand said:

That's fair. I agree with this analysis, but I disagree on one point. The toxicity of a community can quickly kill new player base. And in fact, discourage further attempts.

Generally speaking, most games with a age of 13 and up would want a welcoming environment. 

Yea even though warframe is a 17-18+ game, I would say that a fair amount are under that threshold, not that it matters. Frankly I find the lack of players to be more frustrating than any toxicity I experience.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just echoing what other people have said at this point, but I do think that Warframe could have incredible PvP with a thriving playerbase, if it was balanced well and it didn't take away from  your PvE grinding time. Being able to farm endo or credits, crack relics, farm for standing, etc., would be nice.

On the other hand though, needing to make PvP specific builds with Conclave only mods, that you need to go through the slow slog of farming Conclave rep for, is awful. Both in terms in farm and mechanically. The tactical interest of PvP is partly soiled by forms of customization where you can't see what your opponent has available to them to try to win with. If neither player has any idea what the other is using or how it's customized, it's just a matter of who's offense wins first. As opposed to having the circle of offense, defense, and counterplay.

Warframe's movement system is amazing, and with all its unique weapons it has huge tactical potential. If DE made a dedicated PvP game that effort was put into balancing, I would be playing that instead of Warframe. But currently, there are a lot of things in Conclave that are obnoxious to deal with, and it's hard to treat the PvE as though it's mechanically deep or rewarding without deliberately building yourself to be vulnerable, lowering your farming potency.

Rock and a hard place for me, honestly.

As it currently stands though, no. Conclave is dead for a reason, and there probably not much money in trying to make it good. And it's a huge shame.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-02 at 9:14 PM, (XB1)Wham A Hand said:

Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

Not in Conclave (because I don't play it) but in pretty much every online PvP I've ever touched; yes!

On 2019-11-02 at 9:14 PM, (XB1)Wham A Hand said:

Like...seriously? your mad that we want a fighting chance? 

Eh. I'm not about to defend those people, as attacking an individual or making death threats is just frankly never acceptable, but that is a scummy move on your part. I know, I know, you just wanted to play with your friend but you're damaging the experience for everyone else in those games by doing that. Not only that, but by manipulating matchmaking to make the game easier for you, as an alternative to just playing it until you improve like everyone else, you're essentially boosting yourself. You're getting more wins and more standing (presumbaly so; I'm not going to pretend I fully understand how Conclave standing works) despite not actually being good enough to earn it. When I play a PvP game, I play competitively, so seeing people abuse matchmaking really annoys me. However, given how laughably uncompetitive Conclave, it's really nothing to cry about in this instance, but I can understand why they're getting frustrating.

Still, doesn't warrant their reactions.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-02 at 4:14 PM, (XB1)Wham A Hand said:

So recently my friend and I decided to try grinding out some cosmetics in conclave. Unfortunately, I'll never see those or return. After about a month of grind we got to know a lot of the avid conclavers. There is legit factions of these guys anyways, long story short. We have received real life death threats, harassment and tons of other insane comments from these people. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? These guys even put a "Bounty" out on us because they just didnt want us to help each other out. By this i mean, I had explained to one fellow prior to the outburst of bad blood, That we would often have to leave and rejoin constantly to try to just battle each other. Because we were so outclassed. so we would have to fight each other or other clannies. Anyways, after I told him this he, and the rest of these gang like individuals began messaging me about how we were cheating because we wanted to play alone or with our clan members so we were on equal footing.  Like...seriously? your mad that we want a fighting chance? 

nothing more than a brag post.

I grinded to Typhoon rank awhile ago.Just wasnt fun I did it when autoaim bots were out of control and still held my own.Sorry cause i know some snapperhead gonna say hur durr theres anti-cheat(no such thing full proof anticheat system) ,they just good sorry but b***s***  not gonna head shot someone across the map over and over with a secondary semi-auto when the person is bulletjumpin all over like a mad man. Anyways wanna play with clannys and friends and avoid the a**holes and get rep still.Switch regions to like Asia or w/e other dead region.Wanna annoy clique conclave'rs play loki with an arca plasma or use a ignis with white bright white energy that'll make them rage.Its a fun game mode but the majority who play this goin by what i experienced in the past was awhile ago were wastes of oxygen individuals.Just ruined the game mode.TBH the mode should should be scrapped waste of dev. time,companys $ to pay said devs and just breeds toxicity in for the most part a community thats actually pretty pleasant compared to most gaming communitys.