Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission nodes on planets should have icons for their mission type

AdunSaveMe

Because hovering over each one to find specific nodes with specific mission types is annoying, especially now that I'm doing it a lot more with Lich territory. Much like how Fissures, Nightmare missions, bosses and Dark Sector nodes have their own icon, each mission type should have one as well, in the same large diamond icon format. Just simple ones that are easy to differentiate, like crosshairs for exterminate, a shield for defense, or a cage for net for capture.

I think it'd be a lot more convenient.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steru said:

What about nodes that have multiple missions of different types?

F.e. - Node "A" :

- normal mission: sabotage

- kuva lich mission: exterminate

With the exception of specific nodes like Defection and Jupiter Spy, Kuva Lich territory missions match the base node's mission type. For other things like floods and nightmare missions, they can work the way they do now without a major overhaul. 

It'll still be a huge improvement even if it's just for the standard white nodes, without displaying every mission type or something. It doesn't have to completely eliminate the issue in order to be a good change; it could still significantly improve things.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

3 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

With the exception of specific nodes like Defection and Jupiter Spy, Kuva Lich territory missions match the base node's mission type.

Not always

I'd post a screenshot but i'm not at the pc atm

but don't get me wrong, i agree on the general idea of adding mission icon to normal nodes

Edited by Steru

This sounds like a fantastic idea!

As far as nodes with multiple missions, I would suggest it show the "rarest" type of mission. For example, (low to high priority): Base Node, Nightmare, Fissure, Syndicate, Kuva Lich.

I would also suggest it pop-out all the different icons on hover, showing each available type. The player could then hover over each icon to see the mission details, and click to start whichever they want.