The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto-fire toggle option needed

TioMegaManX

I made the suggestion on the feedback section but this one is for discussion (I can't say I don't expect the ire of some people though), in my opinion we need an option in which every other semi-automatic weapon has the same functions as Battacor's primary fire (some exceptions are sniper rifles) that is, auto-fire and auto-burst, to balance things out maybe all semi-auto weapons should get their base fire rate reduced, some of the other downsides are the obvious kick strength of some weapons like the Lex family but a ton of other weapons would become a bit more fun and less exhausting, the game right now favors full auto a lot thanks to nullies and bullet sponges, this would also alleviate a lot of the real life stress anyone would put on their mouse and at least save people the need for using a macro for that, for whoever things it would be a bad idea then just don't toggle auto-fire on and that's it.

alternatively this would also be a pretty valid idea for an weapon exilus mod. I've thought about this for a while and run into a few issues in implementation though.

• Charge weapons that hold a charge
    • ogris, bows, etc.
    • Do they just get changed to fire on full charge?
    • this would make some self damage weapons much more dangerous
  • Weapons that have a detonation function
    • would the penta just fire until it ran out of active grendades and then tapping fire would explode them all? it removes tactical positioning of grenades
  • Multi function weapons
    • If a gun already has an alt fire that is full auto should the other fire triggers be changed at all?
  • Unique behavior weapons
    • The staticor has a charge function if you hold fire otherwise it fires semi auto. Would the charge be disabled? would the charge replace the single shot and become auto?

Ultimately I think a weapon exilus mod would be easiest because it could just not be equippable by problem weapons.

30 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

i would love auto fire option, but honestly some weapons have too much of a kick for thier fire rate, just use a built on macro with your razer mouse or keyboard.

The kick would balance out for certain weapons but sometimes you need to spray fast which means you either have to bring an automatic weapon instead, my proposal is the middle point, I can't suggest it as weapon mod because that only becomes another band-aid mod which I not only hate but I also can't support weapon exilus without at least having some extra capacity in all weapons.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

7 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

The kick would balance out for certain weapons but sometimes you need to spray fast which means you either have to bring an automatic weapon instead, my proposal is the middle point.

May I offer a idea,go to modding screen and add a button ,when on we get full auto fire ,when off it is the norm.