Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As a returning player, what should I be aware of?

RelativelyFine

Question

I left warframe after Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.12.0
This update added the Gantulyst and Hydrolyst

Afterwards, I breifly returned upon the release of Fortuna, played a few missions, then left.

I left because I had completed all there was to complete in warframe, I wanted to return one day and re-experience the evolution of the game, and everything new that it had to offer. I don't know if this is the time I had been waiting for.

I'd like your opinions on this, and if I should return now, or wait for warframe to develop even more. Perhaps I should wait for Mars open world?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Deshex7 said:

Perhaps I should wait for Mars open world

Then you might wait many years. Next is the space combat update after that new war story quest then the duviri paradox.

Right now you got the kuva lichs wich I did enjoy until the system broke for me so I can't get any atm. But you maybe wanna wait to they flush out the system abit more first for having the issue I have of no larva spawning just get annoying after few days.

Edited by Emolition

If you really want an evolution, you should probably wait for Empyrean (or just after since economy/bugfixing tweaks are inevitable). From the sounds of things, if we're going to get anything really game-changing, that's probably going to be it. Make no mistake, the game has changed a fair bit, but not in a super tangible way. 

I also suspect that the Kuva Lich system we have is really just a hidden phase 1, since we know from devstreams that it was actually tied to Empyrean at one point but they separated it for bugs/future proofing reasons.

Warframe has actually changed a fair bit, there's been quite a bit of story expansion, the Plains themselves have had a visual facelift plus some QoL and a new boss fight, Fortuna is a fairly complete package by now, Jupiters been reworked more or less entirely (and for the better) and Kuva Liches certainly have a lot of potential with some building, but I wouldn't say there's been a big 'wow the game has changed' moment just yet.

Did you get yourself a hoverboard yet? those are fun to roam around with. You get one for free on the introduction missions for orb vallis(venus open world).

mining has changed, and there are some enemies/bosses that drop mining/fishing resources.

Edited by SpacewalkerX

Alerts were removed and Nightwave battlepass-like system added to replace them. You complete a list of different challenges every week, achieve ranks and gain rewards. One of the rewards is Nightwave Creds (its currency), which is used to buy items previously available through Alerts.