Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Power Of The Ignis.

Sixty5

As of now, the Ignis is one of the most under-rated guns in the game, which is funny, since in its current state it is one of the best weapons in the game

Firstly many people say it has bad DPS, well to them I say

Level 71 Corpus Tech killed in about 3 seconds of fire. It has good DPS.

The other big advantages the Ignis has are:

- AOE, you can kill multiple people at once, and it makes it easy to take out ospreys and the like.

- Puncture, walls and doors are no barrier to the Ignis

- CC, get an unshielded guy on fire and he will wiggle-dance to his death.

- It is really easy to headshot with, since it pins targets in place

- If you are so inclined you can abuse DE's lapse and exploit its uncapped fire-rate for damage that makes Nova look like a Mk-1 Braton. (Not recommended) 

So get out there and enjoy the Ignis as it is, It'll be changing a lot after Armour 2.0 (hopefully for the better),so you don't have much time.

Also it is a flamethrower, and if you don't think that is awesome then you can go take a long walk off of a short pier. 

Edited by Sixty5

It was considerably bad, but over the courses of the last few hotfixes it no longer blows items around, nor has terrible dps.

So yes, it takes time for the community to notice how potentially good it is.

Mmn, the best addition was the AOE though, combine it with a decoy, moult or vortex and you can take out 8+ enemies for the price of 1.

Mmn, the best addition was the AOE though, combine it with a decoy, moult or vortex and you can take out 8+ enemies for the price of 1.

It really amazes me how well it did on xini without mods. It went up to round 10 for me no problem but once I slapped some mods on the gun it became a insta gib machine! 

It really amazes me how well it did on xini without mods. It went up to round 10 for me no problem but once I slapped some mods on the gun it became a insta gib machine! 

It's actually currently my favourite gun. Hopefully the changes to Fire will give it a stacking DOT, that would make it AWESOME

It is REALLY good now, AoE is insane [too bad i don't have that fireblast mod to make it even bigger :D ]. I'm thinking of maxing it, i.e. 5 x forma, but leveling up over and over is a bit tiring. 

It was never that painful to level for me.

This is how I melt face, Ignis is hands down one of the best weapons ingame, due to the aoe damage.

Ignis%20mods.jpg

Not a fan of ammo drum. I'd rather run Wildfire

Not a fan of ammo drum. I'd rather run Wildfire

That's what you find weird? Not the fact that he's using Fast Hands on a weapon with a 2 second reload or the fact that he's pairing Ammo Drum with Rifle Ammo Mutation?

Replace Fast Hands with Firestorm(+24% radius) or Hellfire and replace Ammo Drum with Wildfire.

That's what you find weird? Not the fact that he's using Fast Hands on a weapon with a 2 second reload or the fact that he's pairing Ammo Drum with Rifle Ammo Mutation?

Replace Fast Hands with Firestorm(+24% radius) or Hellfire and replace Ammo Drum with Wildfire.

agree, i could ask also: why max'd Stormbringer? i would use a max'd faction based mod.

I got Ignis too but atm i'm charmed by Synapse... cant decide which one to potato!!

If I wanted to use a close range weapon I would go Strun Wraith.

If I wanted to not have fun I'd use the Acrid.

agree, i could ask also: why max'd Stormbringer? i would use a max'd faction based mod.

I got Ignis too but atm i'm charmed by Synapse... cant decide which one to potato!!

Both are good.