Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's Too Much Inconsistency Amongst The Mods, De.

Brimir

right now i don't think anything is valid.

game is a mess. powers, weapons, mods.

i would say we must wait for new damage system first and what impact it will have on our arsenal as whole. Problem is that DE tends to forget all the mess they created. Instead they throw more stuff in the game that makes this mess less noticeable.

Lets just take critical hit mods as an example.

250px-Point_Strike.jpeg

250px-Pistol_Gambit.png

250px-Blunderbuss.png

250px-True_steel.png

Why? Why is it that the Primary mod has nearly three times the effectivness of the Melee mod, at the same cost?

u have my +1.

yes it's inconsistent...

especially when these mod increase critical by +xxx%

30% +1 +150% = 75%

and not...

30% + 150% = 180% ...

so now i wonder... why? preventing low base-crit weapon from doing critical hit so often?

Completely agree with Althix. Game is a complete mess. It makes me feel anxious honestly. I'm a perfectionist that's why I end up feeling extremely uncomfortable with how messy the game currently is.

I've stopped playing it because of that. Now that I'm casually browsing the forums every once in a while, it just seems even more ridiculous.

Edited by 101blubb

Just look at two weapons:

Soma and Dual Ichors.

Both are supposed to be crit monsters, but there's such a huge difference between the crit rates you can get because the Rifle crit mod is the best, and the Melee crit mod is the worst.

I agree with you, it is a mess.

you see i have this feeling that weapon like soma will be average all purpose weapon without some advantages, because of its damage type. Synapse on the other hand have electric damage and it's perfect against corpus, i know because i was soloing assassination alert against level 92 corpus. Same with ichors, they provide huge anti armor capabilities .

So i really hope, that DE want to separate weapon on clantech (which are specialized weapons, which are excels against specific faction) and on regular non clantech weapons like soma, which is good but do not have any advantages.

Because otherwise i do not see reasons why they moved mutagens on derelicts.

So if we are talking about weapons and mods for them, i say we should wait and see how new damage system will show itself. Because even if this system is not yet deployed, what we have now is already not important. Yes we are playing this game now, but again it hardly matters.

However my overall position about why this game is a mess is something different rather than issues with crit chances on certain mods. Problem is wider and deeper. So i would rather have DE stop and think what they did with a game in last 2 updates and what they do with it now, instead of making yet another pile of useless mods and weapons.

Game is very broken as it now. And unfortunately it looks like DE are trying to deliver a lot of new stuff to the game without fixing issues that we have now. Very base of this game is crippled.

Gameplay. Bugs. Content. <-- these thing are important, grinding another set of useless mods and mastery only weapons are not.

sidenote: also opertation arid fear showed us how problematic idea with keys is, yet DE made access to new zones through keys again. it is like a noob who keeps dying to mobs because he can't learn that staying with the group is safer.

Edited by Althix

Here are the mods that probably bug me the most of all

Melee

250px-Killing_Blow.jpg

Pressure_Point.jpg

20% damage per rank on Pressure Point, 25% damage per rank on Killing Blow but costs more mod capacity. I guess that is technically balanced, but I'd prefer them to do the same and cost the same. But then you also have this:

250px-Rending_Strike.png

15% damage and 15% Armour Piercing per rank, maxing out at 60% of each at a cost of 9 mod capacity.

Why are people even midly surprised that the Galatine is the best melee weapon in the game?

Edited by Brimir

Why are people even midly surprised that the Galatine is the best melee weapon in the game?

It would be easy enough to separate the critical chance&damage from charge and normal swings. This would allow DE to buff both the melee critical  cards and make the fast normal swing weapons critical hit weapons. I wonder if Scott has ever played games like Baldurs gate or any of those RPGS with rouge melee weapons. Melee wouldn't be hard to fix, they just haven't touched it and it is because it is working as intended(also useless). 

Shotguns have VERY high base damage and if they buffed ravage it would be an easy way to make them blatantly overpowered. However, there is no reason for the chance mod to be as bad as it is.

Pistol have the lethal torrent mod that is nearly as effective as both the critical pistol mods for all pistol in game. They can have lower critical chance and damage because of the interaction with multi shot.

Edited by LazyKnight

ah dual mods.

you see overall idea with dual mods is nice. however execution, again, a horrible one.

i have this feeling that DE do not have a testers who can perceive thing from gameplay perspective.

In so many live streams they said "It is amazing what builds people come up with". I am not sure if DE weapons designer had a use in mind when they stuck Miter in game. Another problem they keep doing is adding weapons that do not fit the game's NPC.

They likely need a QA team that has the power to veto including a weapon that isn't ready(they need someone with authority to tell even Scott the weapon isn't ready for players to use) Expecting people playing beta to do 100% of the QA has so far not gone over too well.

You've earned youself a +1 for mentioning Baldur's Gate, my all-time favourite game(s).

lol, thanks.

Edited by LazyKnight