Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich overhaul.

JefTheReaper

Really needs a Overhaul

- Parazon mods without charges, they will be permanent and cannot be lost no matter how many times used.

- Learning a Parazon only takes 3 kills instead of over 20-30 kills.

- Specific location unique for Kuva Lich that will 100% spawn them so you don't need to go around looking for the boss fight.

The game is already time consuming enough as it is, I still have not finished the Orb of Valis and new content just keeps dumping in, making me unable to keep up with everything.
Especially with content like this that artificially stretches itself out far beyond of what it should be.

I still enjoy the game a lot, but my god would I love it if you guys could reduce the mentally insane grinding levels just a bit.

Its the same story as when PoE came out, one reward after finishing a entire mission chain? that was mental.
Today you get one reward per finished mission in that chain, that's something I can do without feeling I'm wasting my time.

I mean who even has time for this?!

By the time I will kill my first Lich it will be a full month due to the time I have to play, while also still trying to catch up on the older content.

Edited by JefTheReaper
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JefTheReaper said:
Spoiler

Really needs a Overhaul

- Parazon mods without charges, they will be permanent and cannot be lost no matter how many times used.

- Learning a Parazon only takes 3 kills instead of over 20-30 kills.

- Specific location unique for Kuva Lich that will 100% spawn them so you don't need to go around looking for the boss fight.

The game is already time consuming enough as it is, I still have not finished the Orb of Valis and new content just keeps dumping in, making me unable to keep up with everything.
Especially with content like this that artificially stretches itself out far beyond of what it should be.

I still enjoy the game a lot, but my god would I love it if you guys could reduce the mentally insane grinding levels just a bit.

Its the same story as when PoE came out, one reward after finishing a entire mission chain? that was mental.
Today you get one reward per finished mission in that chain, that's something I can do without feeling I'm wasting my time.

I mean who even has time for this?!

By the time I will kill my first Lich it will be a full month due to the time I have to play, while also still trying to catch up on the older content.

Your overhaul is nothing more than an easy "give me everything right now, for the last century, because I can't be bothered by anything the game has to offer at all" way out. It actually makes it sound like you're playing Warframe out of an excuse, other than entertainment.

Time is short for everyone, and yet we're making due with what the game offers.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 5

vor 12 Minuten schrieb JefTheReaper:

Learning a Parazon only takes 3 kills instead of over 20-30 kills.

What do you mean by that? Do you mean collecting murmur? If you think that you would only need 3 kills, you would max out all your knowledge in a single mission and if you have lcuk, in the next mission your kuva lich will spawn, ready to be killed.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb JefTheReaper:

The kuva lich system is not stretched out. Is getting stretched out by players who overdue it with 5 runs a day or something. DE has to do this as else everyone would be complaining that they have nothing to do. This is not filler content, it just takes a bit more then regular tasks as its intended to be like that so people have something to do.

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Your overhaul is nothing more than an easy "give me everything right now, for the last century, because I can't be bothered by anything the game has to offer at all" way out. It actually makes it sound like you're playing Warframe out of an excuse, other than entertainment.

Time is short for everyone, and yet we're making due with what the game offers.

Yeah right, becaurse everything else in the game takes 30 minutes.
PoE

OoV

Arbitrations and literally everything else in C rotations.

Don't spew nonsense, the only reason people only do short matches is due to sheer boredom, or the lack of wanting to go through the trouble to do all those lengthy matches in the first place.

The solution is not making everything even longer.

6 minutes ago, Jutzo said:

DE has to do this as else everyone would be complaining that they have nothing to do.

Please, the only ones who can possibly have 100% of everything in the game are those with crazy amounts of free time, and have been around from close to the start of the game.

I play this at a daily basis with just my free time and I can't even keep up to the point that I'm still farming for Orb of Valis and some decoration stuff of PoE, along with the damned Eidolons.

Heck I can't even remember when I started playing, I think around the release of Nidus.

I honestly don't see how anyone can "have nothing to do" unless they either have a job that gives them a lot of free time, or they earn their money on playing Warframe in one way or another.

Edited by JefTheReaper

13 minutes ago, JefTheReaper said:

Please, the only ones who can possibly have 100% of everything in the game are those with crazy amounts of free time

3 jobs, 4 hours of sleep, 1 hour of Warframe per day... ... And I already cleared both PoE and Orb Vallis so... do the math.

And I'm not the one complaining here... you are.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

vor 14 Minuten schrieb JefTheReaper:

Please, the only ones who can possibly have 100% of everything in the game are those with crazy amounts of free time, and have been around from close to the start of the game.

Why are you so eager on getting 100% it's not that important. If you don't want to grind everything to max, just don't. With around 1 hour of warframe each day you can complete these tasks fast, you can also do multiple things in that one hour. I don't really get you here.

3 jobs, 4 hours of sleep, 1 hour of Warframe per day... ... And I already cleared both PoE and Orb Vallis so... do the math.

And I'm not the one complaining here... you are.

Yeah right, and I'm supposed to believe that you also found the time to happily waste time by typing comments on the forum inbetween 3 jobs, 4 hours of sleep and 1 hour of playing warframe. don't lie.

8 minutes ago, Jutzo said:

Why are you so eager on getting 100% it's not that important. If you don't want to grind everything to max, just don't. With around 1 hour of warframe each day you can complete these tasks fast, you can also do multiple things in that one hour. I don't really get you here.

To quote a earlier post: "DE has to do this as else everyone would be complaining that they have nothing to do."

If they have everything in the game to a full 100%, Then they do have nothing to do.
If they still are missing weapons, mods, heck even just decorations, then the earlier statement is false, as they DO have something to do.

Its not about owning everything, but its a flat out lie saying you don't have anything to do if you don't have everything in the game.
That you don't WANT to do it due to it being tedious, that's a whole different thing altogether, but it does not negate the fact that you still have content to earn.

I mean the entire design of the game is a looter shooter game.
its kinda in the nature of the game to collect a huge treasure trove of things you will never use again.

Edited by JefTheReaper

3 minutes ago, JefTheReaper said:

Yeah right, and I'm supposed to believe that you also found the time to happily waste time by typing comments on the forum inbetween 3 jobs, 4 hours of sleep and 1 hour of playing warframe. don't lie.

There's a technological wonder nowadays called smartphone... Maybe you've heard of it?

Its the crap people use to tweet, instagram and facebook all the time. (excluding mundane tasks like calling and texting)

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

Or, y'know, they've been playing since Beta. Like me and many others have.

Well all respect for that, but that goes not mean making content more lengthy and tedious is a solution.
Especially as it will just do more harm to any of the other players.
Say what you want, there are already a lot of people who don't like the Kuva Lich and other previous content due to how much time it sucks up, people even quitting the game due to how much of a waste of time it is.

You can keep saying its a good thing for the Veterans that have been around sinds the Beta, but how few are those compared to the newer players who are stuck on the short end?

There's a technological wonder nowadays called smartphone... Maybe you've heard of it?

Its the crap people use to tweet, instagram and facebook all the time. (excluding mundane tasks like calling and texting)

Ay, heard of it.
if you are "working", you should not have time to use a Iphone.
if you are sleeping, well you are sleeping.

But I'm not going to hammer further on that, whatever you do in your personal life is your thing.
Not part of the topic.

Gerade eben schrieb JefTheReaper:

To quote a earlier post: "DE has to do this as else everyone would be complaining that they have nothing to do."

If they have everything in the game to a full 100%, Then they do have nothing to do.
If they still are missing weapons, mods, heck even just decorations, then the earlier statement is false, as they DO have something to do.

Its not about owning everything, but its a flat out lie saying you don't have anything to do if you don't have everything in the game.
That you don't WANT to do it due to it being tedious, that's a whole different thing altogether, but it does not negate the fact that you still have content to earn.

It's not like they don't have anything to do. It's just that the things to do are extremely boring. So DE has to find ways to make fun modes people can play over time.

If you played the game long enough and got most of the stuff you really need, you don't have much to do, and that's when a system like the kuva lich one is pretty neat as you have another task that is fun.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb JefTheReaper:

Yeah right, becaurse everything else in the game takes 30 minutes.
PoE

OoV

Arbitrations and literally everything else in C rotations.

Don't spew nonsense, the only reason people only do short matches is due to sheer boredom, or the lack of wanting to go through the trouble to do all those lengthy matches in the first place.

The solution is not making everything even longer.

They aren't making anything longer, that's just how a game works. This is not a story driven game to complete in 14 hours, this game will take you up to 3k hours to grind if you wan't all the stuff. If it was that short no one would want to play this game anymore. The rewards aren't the things people are aiming at the most time, its the way to get there, sounds like a stupid motivational quote but its actually true.

DE overdoes it most of the time. And they tone down the excessive grind a bit. But there's one thing that'll never change in this game - the need to grind. Even if you are a paying player, as this is not a P2W game.

As for the Liches, while I'm not too excited for them and their grind, I do know I'll still have to work towards them. And that they are intended as a somewhat long term mechanic intended to give us challenge and entertain us for as long as possible. Challenging, sustainable content. Like Sorties are for most players, or fissures, since we all play them on a regular basis.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb JefTheReaper:

people even quitting the game due to how much of a waste of time it is.

You are probably lying right now. Why would someone quit a game when they have enough other tasks to complete? They already had fun and now they got a new gamemode that isn't fun, why would they suddenly stop, there is literally no real reason anyone would quit if he would be in that situation.

Humans tend to take breaks so they can relax. In these breaks they pull out their smart phones and check their social media.

3 minutes ago, JefTheReaper said:

Ay, heard of it.
if you are sleeping, well you are sleeping.

But I'm not going to hammer further on that, whatever you do in your personal life is your thing.
Not part of the topic.

But I am, just to point out this:

I use my time properly. Do the same and I'm pretty sure that you'll clear what needs to be cleared and collect what needs to be collected. Complaining, or extending the topic, any further is a waste of both our times as is a waste of anyone else's time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JefTheReaper said:

Well all respect for that, but that goes not mean making content more lengthy and tedious is a solution.
Especially as it will just do more harm to any of the other players.
Say what you want, there are already a lot of people who don't like the Kuva Lich and other previous content due to how much time it sucks up, people even quitting the game due to how much of a waste of time it is.

You can keep saying its a good thing for the Veterans that have been around since the Beta, but how few are those compared to the newer players who are stuck on the short end?

Dude, you don't have to sit down and grind the entire thing out in one sitting. You can very much quit at any time and come back to it another day with no real repercussions. 

People who need to take breaks from the game are allowed to do so and can do at any time. Warframe is a game you can get sick of. I even got sick of it, and quit for a little bit during The Sacrifice. 

17 minutes ago, JefTheReaper said:

It's not that hard to pick your phone and check for stuff, or arrive home and have some time to relax. I work and go to college, 5h of sleep, and I can have free time to play games and see this forums because I manage my time properly. Free time comes every now and then, it is possible to "waste time" "by typing comments on the forum inbetween 3 jobs, 4 hours of sleep and 1 hour of playing warframe."

37 minutes ago, JefTheReaper said:

34 minutes ago, JefTheReaper said:

Do not speak for everyone, you don't know everyone's opinion nor how they play. If people were intereted in only short matches then they would not complain about the bad enemy scaling of the game at all.

You are complaning that this game is too time consuming for you, then you might reconsider what to play, because it's not going to get better.

I started Warframe on PS4 with Hydroid's release, then my PS4 commited sudoku, got back into the game on Switch release and now all I have to do is complete NW and Sorties, since I have all that I want. It is not that hard, you are making unnecessary complains for your lack of time and patience.

Edited by (NSW)Kokojo
  • Like 1

I really like how it's currently designed. The systems compliment one another, you do murmur farming to A: learn the way to kill the lich and B: get your lich to come after you. Then fighting your lich you either get SUPER lucky or try again. You're there and you get to experience it for once, instead of plowing through. You know the expression, if you eat food too quickly "Do you even taste it?" Well DE made this so thick we have to sit and experience it, and I....rather like it.

Was it perfect day 1? No. Is it still perfect? No, but what is in warframe? It's much more enjoyable now that some of the key issues(investing in a weapon only to get a 'better' one, the grind for murmur, requiem relics being stolen) have been addressed and more or less fixed.

What you're asking for is to make the lich system like every other piece of 'content' we have gotten where you plow through all of it in the course of a day and then...the cries of "Warframe is dieing, there is a content drought!" Well here we have a glass of content we have to drink slowly so it lasts longer.

I will admit, that having a dedicated spawn location for the lich when it gets to 'maximum rage' for us to go and force a fight would be preferable to the current system, as it would help bypass the issues of A: "Kill your lich so mine can spawn dude" and B: "Just play solo if you're hunting for your lich."

12 minutes ago, Jutzo said:

It's not like they don't have anything to do. It's just that the things to do are extremely boring. So DE has to find ways to make fun modes people can play over time.

If you played the game long enough and got most of the stuff you really need, you don't have much to do, and that's when a system like the kuva lich one is pretty neat as you have another task that is fun.

They aren't making anything longer, that's just how a game works. This is not a story driven game to complete in 14 hours, this game will take you up to 3k hours to grind if you wan't all the stuff. If it was that short no one would want to play this game anymore. The rewards aren't the things people are aiming at the most time, its the way to get there, sounds like a stupid motivational quote but its actually true.

While your argument is sound in theory, I don't really see how somebody who is bored of farming relics and the like will find joy in... farming relics for the kuva lich.

Leave alone doing all that over and over again before even getting a reward until you kill them once.

For myself, the fun in the game is doing a mission, and getting a reward for doing that.
I mean look at the Eidolons, they are not perfect and usually the last one turns into a Bullet Hell game, but if I kill or capture them, I get a reward.
I don't need to find out their weaknesses in a different mission, while farming relics to have a small RNG chance to get the items I need before I can even try to face off against them.

And its not like the majority of players in this game are veterans, like myself most people don't even have most of the content from last year finished.

Its not like anyone aside from Veterans are going to run out of content any time soon.

Unless perhaps they bought a set of insane Rivens perhaps, that sure speeds up every match with a good dose of broken game ballanse.

17 minutes ago, Jutzo said:

You are probably lying right now. Why would someone quit a game when they have enough other tasks to complete? They already had fun and now they got a new gamemode that isn't fun, why would they suddenly stop, there is literally no real reason anyone would quit if he would be in that situation.

Humans tend to take breaks so they can relax. In these breaks they pull out their smart phones and check their social media.

Yeah well, most jobs only let you have a 5-10 minute break, minus the time you need to use to get to the break room and gathering your stuff.
20 min break for lunch being the only time you might be able to do that, and why waste time typing on a forum in those 20 min?

If by some stroke of luck you have a job where you can goof off whenever you want or choose when to take a break, then I'm conflicted on wherever you are very lucky, or have a very bad job.

Considering my own situation, its only after work I can do stuff like this.

Time management has nothing to do with whatever your job allows or not.

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

Do not speak for everyone, you don't know everyone's opinion nor how they play. If people were intereted in only short matches then they would not complain about the bad enemy scaling of the game at all.

Ok, first off, quote me anywhere where I said "I speak for everyone here"

If not, then don't put false words in my mouth in a attempt to paint me in a bad light.

Just as a reminder, YOU also don't speak for everyone.
I'm not the only one complaining about this, but a lot of people are sure trying their very best to smother our voices due to not liking our opinion.

And hey, I'm not saying my proposal is perfect, DE's original version is also not perfect.
And I would love a middle ground to balance this kind of game-play.

Like I said before: PoE originally also only gave one reward for the entire mission chain, and it was dumb.
Now you get one reward per finished mission in the quest chain, and that is fine by me.
Its a fair system that does not drain enormous amounts of time, yet can still take your through quite the amount of missions due to RNG.

Kuva Lich has potential, but the way it is now is terrible.
And that is my opinion, there is much more room for improvement to make it less of a grind, but still keep it entertaining FOR EVERYONE.

Edited by JefTheReaper

And I would love a middle ground to balance this kind of game-play.

Warframe is based on the idea to grind. If you aren't happy with that get any other game, you can't have a middle ground because on long term it would kill off veterans or people who play a lot of the game for a long time. I know at the moment it's kind of hard to get all of the stuff done but when you're actually completed it and got no other real objective, you will understand why everyone in this topic is throwing heat at you.

Edited by Jutzo