The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Crashes

tdshooter

My best friend started to have crash problems since U9.8

He have sent multiple Support Ticket to DE, but none so helpful. Finally he have sent his PC spec over, and Support go on ahead and told him they didn't receive it. He have also sent a copy as an email. (Didn't ask for details)

So his game crash almost every 5~10 mins. Lucky to even finish 1 mission. He seems to crash more often with online, less so playing solo, but regardless - still crash like a mofo.

After helping him relentlessly trying to figure out what's wrong, we thought maybe it could be the power supply getting old. (At this point, it's the only logical assumption, his game ran smooth like a velvet before U9.8) So he spent a fortune getting a new power supply.

And...Somehow his hard drive wouldn't recognize it.

After fiddling a bit, his hard drive finally burnt and...Well, RIP. Now he's working on getting a new computer, just to play Warframe.

Conclusion:

It is the only logical conclusion that something DE did after U9.8. And if I recall correctly, it gave lots of users troubles, they fixed it over and over again with hotfixes, but none the less, I bet there are still players out there that are being affected.

That being said, now I lost one great combat buddy, and...He's spending a fortune which he doesn't have to get a computer again, and hopefully it'll work. So much for free to play.

After fiddling a bit, his hard drive finally burnt

[...]

It is the only logical conclusion that something DE did

Orrrrrr it could actually be due to faulty hardware. A faulty stick of RAM perhaps? Maybe the BIOS isn't configured properly? Maybe DirectX isn't fully updated? How did your buddy deduce that it was the power supply?

I'm not saying that Warframe didn't suffer from performance hits and faulty code that cause crashes... but until you actually know the cause, blaming DE and Warframe is just speculative. I'm not saying it is, but I'm not saying it isn't DE's fault.

Edited by Letter13

Orrrrrr it could actually be due to faulty hardware. A faulty stick of RAM perhaps? Maybe the BIOS isn't configured properly? Maybe DirectX isn't fully updated? How did your buddy deduce that it was the power supply?

I'm not saying that Warframe didn't suffer from performance hits and faulty code that cause crashes... but until you actually know the cause, blaming DE and Warframe is just speculative. I'm not saying it is, but I'm not saying it isn't DE's fault.

Because multiple times I stated in my post.

Everything runs smooth like a velvet before U9.8. S#&$ hits the fan for my friend when U9.8 hits.

Crashes happening everywhere.

And out of the entire computer, his power supply was the only thing that's old. He just recently upgraded everything. (Still before U9.8)

It was just too...Much of a coincidence how everything is going so smooth, but then U9.8 hits and he no longer able to play the game in multiple succession. 

I'm only personally not happy with DE's support team. Granted, there are a lot worse out there. But as my friend claims, he have sent multiple tickets regarding the issue, and he haven't go any actual solid help at all. (Yes, I stated in my post. He have sent spec in ticket and Email)

I believe he also posted in bug issue on the forum page or somewhere.

Also, what's your hardware?

Plus, your friend should know that sending in multiple tickets will actually make support get back to him that much more slowly because of fragmentation. Only send in one ticket per issue. It will help speed things up, and it will keep the issue on a single track.

Also, what's your hardware?

Plus, your friend should know that sending in multiple tickets will actually make support get back to him that much more slowly because of fragmentation. Only send in one ticket per issue. It will help speed things up, and it will keep the issue on a single track.

He didn't send multiple ticket at once. He actually kept sending ticket back because every "last" ticket he sent in was considered "solved" while in fact the problem still exists and seems to only get worse. 

I'm posting on his behalf is because he's one of the funnest guy to play with, and I miss playing Warframe with him. He got so frustrated from the crashes he nearly quits Warframe. (Yes DE, you should thank me for saving you a paying customer) I saw this thread was also about crashing, so I figured might as well share his experience and see if there are any common issues out there. 

Before his hard drive fried, he posted several request help topic in different section of the forum. (Not sure where, he gave me a link before, but Steam doesn't save chat log) But he told me his post was ignored by the community and staff. I just feel so bad for him, and again - Miss playing with a great buddy. 

My best friend started to have crash problems since U9.8

He have sent multiple Support Ticket to DE, but none so helpful. Finally he have sent his PC spec over, and Support go on ahead and told him they didn't receive it. He have also sent a copy as an email. (Didn't ask for details)

So his game crash almost every 5~10 mins. Lucky to even finish 1 mission. He seems to crash more often with online, less so playing solo, but regardless - still crash like a mofo.

After helping him relentlessly trying to figure out what's wrong, we thought maybe it could be the power supply getting old. (At this point, it's the only logical assumption, his game ran smooth like a velvet before U9.8) So he spent a fortune getting a new power supply.

And...Somehow his hard drive wouldn't recognize it.

After fiddling a bit, his hard drive finally burnt and...Well, RIP. Now he's working on getting a new computer, just to play Warframe.

Conclusion:

It is the only logical conclusion that something DE did after U9.8. And if I recall correctly, it gave lots of users troubles, they fixed it over and over again with hotfixes, but none the less, I bet there are still players out there that are being affected.

That being said, now I lost one great combat buddy, and...He's spending a fortune which he doesn't have to get a computer again, and hopefully it'll work. So much for free to play.

actually i found out that reinstalling the game can help it might not work for every1 but it did for me so tell your friend to try it :)

The crashing only happens to me on Derelict missions... Looking at my resource monitor, playing Derelict causes my CPU usage to go up extremely high and after about 10 minutes or less of playing Derelict I get a hardware failure error. And I have an 8 gig I5 CPU. What's more is that my graphics card goes on the fritz and I see the recovery message pop up after a few seconds.

I honestly think this is DE's fault because they did something with the engine that hates people's computers. I know people who have extremely high-end computers and they're constantly crashing while playing too. Mostly on Derelict though, and that's where every one wants to be if they don't have enough mutagen samples to make the new clan weapons.

The crashing only happens to me on Derelict missions... Looking at my resource monitor, playing Derelict causes my CPU usage to go up extremely high and after about 10 minutes or less of playing Derelict I get a hardware failure error. And I have an 8 gig I5 CPU. What's more is that my graphics card goes on the fritz and I see the recovery message pop up after a few seconds.

I honestly think this is DE's fault because they did something with the engine that hates people's computers. I know people who have extremely high-end computers and they're constantly crashing while playing too. Mostly on Derelict though, and that's where every one wants to be if they don't have enough mutagen samples to make the new clan weapons.

thats pretty much whats happening to me aswell except for the derelict part its on every mission and mostly about half way through it