Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana Zaw broken skin and animation bug

Athose_

The scabbard for the Nikana Dax Skin does not appear when equipped on a Zaw. When the blind justice stance is equipped on a Nikana Zaw the blend animation between neutral stance and the walking animation when he changes his grip from reverse to normal the Katana moves clipping outside of the scabbard. Im not sure if these are specific to the Zaw combination I have. Link: Vargeet II Jai, Grip: Peye, Strike: Sepfahn.

Update: the scabbard glitch only appears to be happening in the simulacrum. It occurs when you change the skin on the Zaw, it will appear to be working fine in the arsenal but once you leave it will disappear. 

Edited by Athose_

Adding to this, this has been a bug for as long as I can remember, but now that Tennogen skins can be bought for Nikana zaws it's arguably a little more important to get it fixed. The Sepfahn sheath will flat-out vanish when first used in any mission, leaving just the bare blade. It will also bug out in the Arsenal, appearing both in it's intended place and mirrored BEHIND your warframe (see below)UgFKL4V.jpg

Whats the point of spending real money on a fancy sheath if it instantly vanishes for the entire mission when you first use it?

Edited by Valandras
Insert image and additional details.

There's more,  Sometimes a second sheath appears while working on its appearance in the arsenal;  it places two sugatras on the handle when you intend to place just the one,  the custom sheaths like dax and the gemini sheaths dont allow you to change the color.
And the big one for me,  When using Baruuks elude, normally nikanas stay in the off hand, but zaw separates the sheath into the offhand (floating a ways away from the hand) and the blade into the main hand (held in a hand that doesn't look like it's meant to be holding something).   These are small little visual bugs but they're absolutely ruining any aesthetic i'm trying to go for.

It's small,  but it matters to me.

The nikana shinigami skin, when used on zaw, has the same issue. Missing scabbard in all missions. (But I think is zaw nature cause default skin it doesn’t have scabbard). But works fine on actual Nikanas.

To add on, mine doesn’t have the swinging attack sound as well. 

As a tennogen skin, hope this is looked into as a silent blade is not as satisfying to swing.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb FinalSurprise:

The nikana shinigami skin, when used on zaw, has the same issue. Missing scabbard in all missions. (But I think is zaw nature cause default skin it doesn’t have scabbard). But works fine on actual Nikanas.

Zaw Nikanas have a scabbard, its just equally bugged and disappears in missions. Sometimes its even there at mission start and disappears once you draw it for the first time. This bug simply seems to carry over to any Nikana skin, too.

Skins of Zaw Nikanas also are quite a bit larger than on the normal Nikanas, which is something I actually like, but still worth pointing out, not sure if bug or feature.