Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No spy vault rewards from Lich mission?

(PSN)crashteddy03

Question

I have a question about the rewards within a Kuva Lich mission. My lich spawned on Lua and I've been working my way through the nodes. I completed the spy node using Ivara and successfully unlocked all three vaults, but when I extracted I didn't get any of the vault drops - all I got was a few credits and a bit of rubedo which my lich stole some of. Nothing else appeared in the extraction window.

Is this expected behavior for the lich missions or have I stumbled across a bug?

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

your ACTIVE lich will steal a portion of  mission rewards on nodes that they have influence on (red mist ) there are some rewards they won't take ( rare /requiem mods n such ) . When you defeat or convert them you get all the stuff they took back . Hope this helps .

5 hours ago, Fatedson said:

your ACTIVE lich will steal a portion of  mission rewards on nodes that they have influence on (red mist ) there are some rewards they won't take ( rare /requiem mods n such ) . When you defeat or convert them you get all the stuff they took back . Hope this helps .

Yes I am aware of the lich stealing rewards on their nodes, but shouldn't the rewards still show up and be marked as stolen - as was the case with the credits and rubedo - so that at least I can see what was missing?

Hard to say but I would assume if it showed you the stuff they took before it ought to in that mission as well .  If it isn't showing you the thefts and you aren't getting the Idendified tag on any of the rewards for successful spy vaults then I'd report the issue as a bug ( not entirely sure where exactly but there ought to be a link somewhere ) 

I had this happen as well, and I think I know what's going on, or at least how to tell it will happen

(This was all yesterday BTW, so I've got bad news @.Unreality but this is still going on in the PC version)

So first my Lich took over the Moon. And I clicked on Pavlov and it asked "Kuva Lich Exterminate, or the regular Spy mission?" So I clicked Kuva Lich Exterminate... and I got a Kuva Lich Spy. I manage to ace all three Lua Spy vaults because apparently I'm some kind of freak, and the game TELLS me I have I've earned the unidentified items from each one, yet when I finish the mission I have gained no extra Spy rewards

Later my Lich takes Jupiter, and the game asks me "Kuva Lich Exterminate, or regular Sabotage?" Again, I click Exterminate. And this time it actually is Exterminate, but the Sabotage caches still spawn for some reason. I find them all, I open them all, the game tells me "unidentified item", but at the mission results screen I have no cache rewards

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I had this happen as well, and I think I know what's going on, or at least how to tell it will happen

(This was all yesterday BTW, so I've got bad news @.Unreality but this is still going on in the PC version)

So first my Lich took over the Moon. And I clicked on Pavlov and it asked "Kuva Lich Exterminate, or the regular Spy mission?" So I clicked Kuva Lich Exterminate... and I got a Kuva Lich Spy. I manage to ace all three Lua Spy vaults because apparently I'm some kind of freak, and the game TELLS me I have I've earned the unidentified items from each one, yet when I finish the mission I have gained no extra Spy rewards

Later my Lich takes Jupiter, and the game asks me "Kuva Lich Exterminate, or regular Sabotage?" Again, I click Exterminate. And this time it actually is Exterminate, but the Sabotage caches still spawn for some reason. I find them all, I open them all, the game tells me "unidentified item", but at the mission results screen I have no cache rewards

Interestingly, when my Lich leveled up he took over Mars and I got to do the spy mission there. All three vaults opened, all three rewards showed up in the mission end screen, one of which he stole.

As a side note, I've noticed that a lot of the missions give you the option of selecting "Kuva Lich Exterminate" when in actual fact they are a Sabotage or Spy or Rescue I think was the other one, so I think there might be a labeling bug as well.

8 hours ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

a lot of the missions give you the option of selecting "Kuva Lich Exterminate" when in actual fact they are a Sabotage or Spy or Rescue

Yeah, that's if the node in question is normally not a Grineer node.

(I suspect the reason is those missions' scripts will spawn in an enemy reaction team if you trip alarms, the faction of which I'm guessing is written into the script for that tileset.)

So, if your Lich took over a Rescue node on a Corpus planet, to avoid the possibility of spawning a bunch of Corpus into the middle of your anti-Grineer mission, it's just swapped for an Exterminate...

...except the swap doesn't always work as intended. Sometimes (not always) it's billed as Exterminate, turns out to be Rescue when you go there, but only gives Exterminate rewards on mission completion.

Same with Sabotage and Spy, and I'm guessing the mission completion script is linked to the mission type shown in Navigation rather than the mission you actually ran. So it thinks you just completed an Exterminate, and doesn't know to look up the items you got from Vaults/Caches.

That's kinda what seems to be going on, from what I've seen.

8 hours ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

when my Lich leveled up he took over Mars and I got to do the spy mission there. All three vaults opened, all three rewards showed up in the mission end screen

If the node in question is normally a Grineer node, there's no need to swap the mission type, so it all works as normal.

Edited by OmegaVoid
Now I stutter when I type. Great.