The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

10 Hours Of Farming For 2 Days Still No Hammershot.

tripletriple

Trust me brother it's been months of time put into trying to get this mod.

We've all felt the burn of RNG at one time or another.

Noobs be like "give me my mods now with no effort"

Thing about the current RNG system is there's no backup that increases your chances of getting something you don't have even after 1000 runs. It doesn't matter if you've done the mission 1000 or 1000000 times you still only have that 1.01% chance at the mod. It's rather annoying DE doesn't put some simple adaptivity into their code but I haven't created a game as big as Warframe yet so that specific code may be intertwined with a lot. Regardless, DE really needs to put some sort of adaptivity into mod drops.

i doubt its been 200 hours farming for that one mod, i really really have a hard time believing that.

rng is a kick to the $&*^ most times, but still...

It isn't that hard to believe. A 1.01% chance means you have a, roughly, 1/100 chance to get the mod. Even if you were guaranteed the mod after 100 runs, assuming each run takes you 5 minutes (which it doesn't half the time) it would still take you at least 8.33 hours. This doesn't include loading times, UI navigation etc, etc, and of course you have to deal with the unchanging 1.01% RNG.

Edited by jrkong

while im glad tht people wanna do something bout rng but it always kinda urks me when they complain bout it because ive played games tht are MUCH MUCH worse. in those games rng is irreplaceable. its the soul of the game. and nothing goes better with rng than grind. weeks of grind. no joke. and thts for things tht are a guaranteed drop. not even a hyperbole

Edited by Zoike

Here my story:

Was farming for Lethal torrent, after a lot of runs I finally got it, right away I placed it on my despair and leveled it twice with fusion cores. A minute later I check the despair again and it's gone... the slot is empty... I check on the compatible mods below and I see an unranked barrel diffusion that came out of nowhere (already had mine maxed and equipped) ...

just to clear up a few things here:

i went to look at OPs profile ingame

time played: 195h

missions completed: 850

relevance?

saying its taken you 200 hours is a little bit of an exaggeration.

i know steam might clock it differently but still... the point stands.

embellishing the truth does not help in these situations.

lets be generous with the time op could have completed runs with and give him, oh i dunno... 15 min runs...

if my math is correct, that would mean that in 200 hours he would have done 800 or so runs.

certainly looks somewhat plausible, but looking at his mastery and what not, i really really doubt it.

anyways...

im not a fan of rng, but im not opposed to it.

that said, screwing us is not the way to go.

the 1% drop is abysmal, and DE needs to do something about it.

relevance?

lets be generous with the time op could have completed runs with and give him, oh i dunno... 15 min runs...

if my math is correct, that would mean that in 200 hours he would have done 800 or so runs.

certainly looks somewhat plausible, but looking at his mastery and what not, i really really doubt it.

anyways...

The amount of ownage this post was exceeded 9000

relevance?

anyways...

I don't trust the in game stats much. People have had sentinels with 1 billion experience. Yes 1 billion.