Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Harrow Ability Augment

(XBOX)Black Reaper II

Hello. Im sure you get many things like this, and mostlikely this will be buried under the masses. However For the Unlikely Chance this reaches you. There are two things I'd like you to read.  

1. As a player who has played on 2 accounts.  This one my [xbox] account alone for 4 years.  I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my Soul for trying to keep balance without making things seem to over or underpowered. 

I had mained Volt/Volt Prime until the day of a certain warframe who was everything I hoped would come to warframe. And in my opinion really opened up the flood gates of synergy. 

Harrow. Many people kinda bleed him off because they felt he was a head shot only frame. But I fell in love. I felt that he was far more then that . And I'm glad i was right. 

However I had been thinking of an augment mod from the beginning.  A defence mechanic. That would both be old . And new . Something that really only harrow could do . The issue was balance.  

And so after thinking on it . 

I bring the idea of 

-Bolstering Penance-

For every 500 shields sacrificed harrow gains 1% damage reduction for the duration of Penance.

This would max out at 90% damage reduction. 

It would not be affected by power strength. 

This does mean that a player who keeps Penance active could keep the buff active.  However a nullifier or improper buff management would result in the loss of all stacks. 

I wanted to keep in the theme of Sacrifice to Gain. And ramping up. Kind of like a defensive version. Of bloodrush . Or a new form of Covenant . As harrows covenant the more damage you take the larger the retaliation. in this case it's the more you sacrifice, the more you gain. I had originally thought of a 100-1% ratio but this seemed too easy to ramp up.  

Forgive me for this very wordy post. I've also posted it here to collect other players input on this. however if you did get to this .. and bothered to read this . I again 

Thank You. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

This is an extremely meaningless amount of damage reduction. 

It is ment to be a ramp up effect . For say endless missions . Seeming as each cast of condemn can easily net you 1.5k shields its 3% per time you sacrifice . Which will continue to grow as the mission goes on . Understanding that Penance can have an unlimited duration means this effect can stack until 90 percent is achieved. You would only need to sacrifice 45k shields . Which would mean you would only need to at 1500 shields need to use penance 30 times over a endless mission to reach that 90%  and that's at 1500 . Not even the easy to reach 3000 . Its ment to be good . Not broken. 

8 hours ago, Uthael said:

Imagine how much armor you'd need for X% damage reduction.

Now imagine the buff giving you that amount of armor instead. Pretty ridiculous, no?

Many warframe have a immediate form of this damage reduction . Mesa shatter shield. Or even gauss kinetic plating. And they dont need an augment for it to work.

I'm saying that this form of building damage reduction is more specific to endless missions. But if he like mesa was able to just use and ability bam instant damage reduction .. I dont think this would be balanced . So I'm proposing a way to over time build it . 

In total you would need to sacrifice 45k in shields.  To reach that 90% . And one mess up would cause you to restart your stacks . In my opinion this ramp up suites harrow.  As the sacrifice for gains warframe 

Edited by (XB1)Black Reaper II
I'm a dumb

9 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

How about we stop with giving every frame DR. If we keep going like this, we might as well reduce the dmg of every enemy to 1/10 of what its now. DR is broken in warframe, we dont need to incentivise DE to plaster every new frame with it.

The only reason I've suggested harrow is because it makes sence given that it is a sacrifice to gain system . Not just a press a button bam dr . I am a fan of the give and pull system that gauss has . And honestly to me he didnt need the buff . The buff is welcome but not needed.  

Many see harrow as just a support frame. However his kit allows for versatility. And seeming as armor doesnt scale well atm in longer lasting runs . DR Seems to be the best option.  

However with that said . I dont think it should be super easy to achieve that 90% DR . Which is why a ramping up System seemed to be a good idea. sacrifice to gain . Then when gauss came out I thoroughly tested its form of ramp up and used that information. To create a (what I believe to be ) balanced form of Ramp up DR. If you dont agree with this I respect that .

Edited by (XB1)Black Reaper II
Because I'm a big dumb

The difference with Mesa and Gauss is that they have lower damage potential than Harrow and have no innate heals in their kit.
If this damage reduction stacked with Adaptation, Harrow could become an ESO-Saryn of Arbitrations. I still think the max cap is overkill, no matter how hard it is to stack.

But, here. Have my upvote. It's not like I see crazy amounts of Harrows around anyway. This could help.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (XB1)WolfKingLeo said:

How about 10% fr every 500 shields he sacrifice?

My original thought was a 100-1% ratio . However doing the math on this . And playing as my current melee tank harrow . I found that I could get that 90% damage resistance very easily within the first 5 minutes.  

I dont want to break harrow . His kit is very powerful as it is. however i would like for him to have a health based damage reduction system of some form.  As shields are not effected by armor . And your constantly ripping the shields off as is 

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)Black Reaper II said:

My original thought was a 100-1% ratio . However doing the math on this . And playing as my current melee tank harrow . I found that I could get that 90% damage resistance very easily within the first 5 minutes.  

I dont want to break harrow . His kit is very powerful as it is. however i would like for him to have a health based damage reduction system of some form.  As shields are not effected by armor . And your constantly ripping the shields off as is 

I understand and I respect you

Edit:

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Black Reaper II said:

Many see harrow as just a support frame. However his kit allows for versatility

HA! If not for Volt's shield, it would've been Harrow I'd play 50% of my playtime xD
S***w the speed buff and area ult.
Harrow is stupidly powerful if the player playing it is capable of aiming. More so than either Chroma, Volt, Mesa or Saryn. Give him a way to mitigate damage and I just might switch mains.

Edit: I even bought Harrow Noble animation set so I can use it on other frames xD

Edited by Uthael

3 minutes ago, Uthael said:

The difference with Mesa and Gauss is that they have lower damage potential than Harrow and have no innate heals in their kit.
If this damage reduction stacked with Adaptation, Harrow could become an ESO-Saryn of Arbitrations. I still think the max cap is overkill, no matter how hard it is to stack.

But, here. Have my upvote. It's not like I see crazy amounts of Harrows around anyway. This could help.

Thank you for your upvote.  And I do agree that harrow has a nice damage potential . In my opinion the damage potential to survivability scaling atm is heavily in favor of damage as it is. I personally only use my covenant in eidolons or to block the 2 bill nuke from profit taker if I dont wanna run away. 

However I'm very open to conversation about other ways to add long term survivability to harrow . If you have any ideas I'd like to discuss them 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uthael said:

Edit:

HA! If not for Volt's shield, it would've been Harrow I'd play 50% of my playtime xD
S***w the speed buff and area ult.
Harrow is stupidly powerful if the player playing it is capable of aiming. More so than either Chroma, Volt, Mesa or Saryn. Give him a way to mitigate damage and I just might switch mains.

I 100% agree with this . Even as a melee harrow . He is potent.  However most sadly just view him as a squishy energy battery . Which is already far from the truth 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

To me Harrow is that OP frame I turn to whenever I want to create crazy amounts of energy, I don't even use his 2.

Yeah as stated his kit allows him to be uniquely powerfull as both a solo and a support frame. But even though he has amazing energy regeneration. An ev trin will net more immediate results . With that stated however . Yes harrow fits nicely into pretty much what ever you build him for 

Try this that I'm using on my Volt. I even go Arbitrations with it. Rubico Prime for damage, Hirudo to heal, Twin Grakatas for nullifier bubbles. Knockdowns are what usually kills me so I put a Handspring in. Other loadouts use "-" polarity in exilus and I don't have Primed Sure Footed anyway.

To be honest, I'm still deciding if Redirection would be better in Steel Fiber's place (less oneshots vs better sustain). Still some days to Primed Vigor, too.

eaDnIuv.jpg

Edited by Uthael
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Uthael said:

Try this that I'm using on my Volt. I even go Arbitrations with it. Rubico Prime for damage, Hirudo to heal, Twin Grakatas for nullifier bubbles. Knockdowns are what usually kills me so I put a Handspring in. Other loadouts use "-" polarity in exilus and I don't have Primed Sure Footed anyway.

To be honest, I'm still deciding if Redirection would be better in Steel Fiber's place (less oneshots vs better sustain). Still some days to Primed Vigor, too.

eaDnIuv.jpg

As a volt main for years . More specifically a volt Vanguard tank . If you would like I can show you some interesting mod cohesion with volt . That allows hit to nope damage . However it is melee focused