The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban flech orb does more damage than photo strike

DarkRinnegan

Fleche also fires all over the place, is not accurate and lacks immediate dispatching power, unless youre tossing all 4 into 1 vortex which honestly is a waste imo, his 3 still has its place. 

It hits immediately, has aoe, scales off enemy level while fleches soften up approaching enemies

Then again your build may just be different from mine, my 3s base damage is 5500.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Fleche also fires all over the place, is not accurate and lacks immediate dispatching power, unless youre tossing all 4 into 1 vortex which honestly is a waste imo, his 3 still has its place. 

It hits immediately, has aoe, scales off enemy level while fleches soften up approaching enemies

Then again your build may just be different from mine, my 3s base damage is 5500.

Still feels kinda useless because 2 will offten hit the enemy and still deal more damage than 3

flechette orb will get no where near what his 3 can pump out.  hint: bastille first.   he can top out at 90-100k in one photon strike on lvl 100 mobs.

in a power str build this would take about 4 seconds.  same enemies with all 4 flechette out would be around 2-4k max per sec.  with all 4 16k max (and that's an overestimation)... so about 64k in the same timeframe.   

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Dissodance said:

flechette orb will get no where near what his 3 can pump out.  hint: bastille first.   he can top out at 90-100k in one photon strike on lvl 100 mobs.

in a power str build this would take about 4 seconds.  same enemies with all 4 flechette out would be around 2-4k max per sec.  with all 4 16k max (and that's an overestimation)... so about 64k in the same timeframe.   

flechette has a cc link with the warframe, so the output has to be calculated via this too. 

i still prefer photon strike with natural talent, raining death on the grineer while hovering from above 

yea Flechette Orb dmg is pretty insane now, i used a 199% str vauban
in hydron today while lvling weapon and it pretty much destroy everything in few hit

not as good as mesa 4 but good enough to clear up enemies at choke point 

Edited by .OwOkin.

Flechette Orb scales with enemy level in a similar fashion to Photon Strike. The differences being that Overdriver applies (as does anything else that modifies weapon damage like cat buffs or Vigorous Swap) and Flechette Orb can crit and has a high base crit chance. 

Using your own example, at 200 power strength, against a lvl 100 mob with no armour, suspended in bastille, photon strike would do  62,500 blast damage for 75 energy. Keep in mind that Photon Strike rag dolls anyone it doesn't kill and knocks them out of Bastille so you could be getting shot in the the grill.

With the exact same setup and only Overdriver as a buff Flechette Orb is dealing 11,250 puncture damage before crits, every second for 25 seconds base. So if you have 4 down that's 56,250 damage a second, assuming a 25% crit chance although it honestly feels higher than that. Also Photon Strike has a 1.5 second delay so combined with the cast animation Flechette Orb will probably hit twice.

Obviously, all this takes setup. If you're moving around Photon Strike will usually be the better choice but if you're staying in one place for more than a couple of minutes build your castle. 4 Tether Coils, 4 Flechette Orbs, plus Bastille is crazy good now.

Flechette Orb's nail damage benefits from Ability Strength, enemy level, Dismantle, and Overdriver damage bonus using the following expression:

Total Puncture Damage = Puncture Base Damage × (1 + Ability Strength) × (1 + Dismantle Bonus) × (1 + Overdriver Bonus) × Enemy Level Multiplier
  • Enemy Level Multiplier = ceil(Enemy Level ÷ 10). The multiplier only increases after 1 level past the per-10-levels mark (e.g. levels 11, 21, 31, 41, etc).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)Dissodance said:

dps to energy spent?

Flechette orb is looking really good since the changes even with it's accuracy.

It's more a question of sustained vs burst damage between those two now as neither is slouchy.

I must admit I like flechette more though currently and may be biased.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you know, you can just use something because it's fun. and there's a lot of fun to be had when you summon a GIANT F-ING LASER that immediately zaps enemies dead. Vauban is really strong now though, can't wait to see who gets reworked next.

Hopefully, they are not quite done with him yet... he is still rather squishy inside his own kit even compared to other CC frames.

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

Hopefully, they are not quite done with him yet... he is still rather squishy inside his own kit even compared to other CC frames.

I doubt they will.   if anything they should just reduce the amount of cc immune enemies.   a few are fine.  or telegraphed  dispels.  something that takes active play instead of just being immune to what should be a cc frames defense.   you know... cc

Although I will say I wouldn't mind his armor buff lasting longer than its current base.  it should be a flat 20-30 sec buff.  if it didn't refresh until it ran out once leaving the bastille it would be a positive workaround to reduce his squishy feeling while also forcing  a player to be active instead of reactive like flat Dr boosts. 

Edited by (XB1)Dissodance

59 minutes ago, (XB1)Dissodance said:

I doubt they will.   if anything they should just reduce the amount of cc immune enemies.   a few are fine.  or telegraphed  dispels.  something that takes active play instead of just being immune to what should be a cc frames defense.   you know... cc

Although I will say I wouldn't mind his armor buff lasting longer than its current base.  it should be a flat 20-30 sec buff.  if it didn't refresh until it ran out once leaving the bastille it would be a positive workaround to reduce his squishy feeling while also forcing  a player to be active instead of reactive like flat Dr boosts. 

That's the sticky point...

I think most players will agree that Vauban is missing something in the survivability department but no one has aligned on how they want to see it resolved.

11 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

That's the sticky point...

I think most players will agree that Vauban is missing something in the survivability department but no one has aligned on how they want to see it resolved.

Adaptation as aura would sort it. problem is, it would be used as power creep for all other frames 😞

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Honestly his 2 needs removed for a DR ability like ‘power armor’ or something. My Vman needs more survivability than relying on CC

No sir...I use his two quite a bit...Unless you are meaning Vector.

I actually dig the notion of the Gadget frame having gadgets.

I offered in the feedback thread the idea of bringing back Bounce Pad as an (Press X to)Interact skill that provided mobile and stationary survivability instead of just random annoyance.

The idea that DE would bring back a skill everyone hates and make folks love it instead just appeals to me. 

2 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

No sir...I use his two quite a bit...Unless you are meaning Vector.

I actually dig the notion of the Gadget frame having gadgets.

I offered in the feedback thread the idea of bringing back Bounce Pad as an (Press X to)Interact skill that provided mobile and stationary survivability instead of just random annoyance.

The idea that DE would bring back a skill everyone hates and make folks love it instead just appeals to me. 

That’s where differences come into play. I don’t use his 2 at all really. Mostly because a 4[hold]+3[spam] combo is just a lot of fun.