Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dakra Prime Not "prime" Worthy?

Fire_Ashes

I have the Dakra Prime at lvl 30 and i really want to love this weapon but i cant because all the heavy melee weapons are better. Even some of the longswords have close stats to it. (Yes i know about it's multihit ability) Anyway i had a discussion with friends yada yada yada and we came to the conclusion that it is just not a viable weapon. I really do think it needs a buff of some sorts.

Here is what i was thinking.

1.) Give it AP

2.) Buff the Damage stats

Anyway tell me what you think of the Dakra Prime and if it should get a buff or not. Thanks,

-Epsilon

It's the first longsword that can hit multiple enemies! It's got the highest base damage! It's meant to be used as a normal attack weapon! Longswords aren't strong from the start!

What i got out of it.

Screw Longswords. And you should be happy with amateur stats. Not helpful.

Oh yes...a really slow longsword that doesn't have crit or good range...and is still outdone by Orthos Prime with 60 base swing damage.

Dakra needs to armor ignore, be 1.5 speed with like 15% crit.

Nice to see you again, long time. And this is what i am looking for, i completely agree! +1

It is better than Reaper prime at normal attack, so reaper prime is not prime worthy either? Buff reaper prime too then.

Try to get back on topic. But yes i agree.

I think most prime weapons need to be tweaked a bit.

Edited by Fire_Ashes

It's way better than any long sword at normal attacks. 
Prime weapons usually have downsides to them, or very minor benefits over the non prime variants. Braton prime shoots a little bit slower but has a little bit more damage and dps. Latron prime deals a tiny bit more damage and minor crit buff. Bronco prime reloads slower. Boar prime deals less damage per shot but shoots faster. 
Dakra prime is a bit of an upgrade over any regular longsword, entirely within the realms of prime status. 

Nice to see you again, long time. And this is what i am looking for, i completely agree! +1

It has indeed been a long time.

All weapons need to be brought up to Fang Prime/Galatine/Orthos tier and even more so.

Melee should be a viable option for when one prefers to slice everything as opposed to shooting everything.

It's way better than any long sword at normal attacks. 

Prime weapons usually have downsides to them, or very minor benefits over the non prime variants. Braton prime shoots a little bit slower but has a little bit more damage and dps. Latron prime deals a tiny bit more damage and minor crit buff. Bronco prime reloads slower. Boar prime deals less damage per shot but shoots faster. 

Dakra prime is a bit of an upgrade over any regular longsword, entirely within the realms of prime status. 

Yeah for enemies level 60 and below. Anything above 100 and you'll be slicing for days to kill one target.

Oh man i just want to backhand you!

tis is about the Dakra Prime not "other weapons!"

Don't be a *@##$. If you're going to complain about it, either wait for them to buff it, which I'm sure they won't because it appears to be very powerful as it is, or use a different weapon. It's not that hard.

The whole "long swords class" needs a rework, it's well known... Dakra Prime is "best in class" but its class is crap compared to both "dual class" and "heavy class"

The problem is not about Dakra... it's about Longswords (and Daggers i may add)

Edited by Phoenix86

The important question is: is Dakra Prime better than Cronus? Because in loot tables it's classified as PrimeCronus

If it's better then it doesn't need a buff and it serves the purpose of Prime being superior to regular version

Edited by WhisperByte

It's the first longsword that can hit multiple enemies! It's got the highest base damage! It's meant to be used as a normal attack weapon! Longswords aren't strong from the start!

its not armor ignore on base attacks! But it is on charge attacks! The charge attacks suck! But the base attacks suck as well because they have no armor ignore!

The Dakra Prime has a mastery rank of 6. The development has already acknowledged that higher ranked weapons should be stronger than their lower-ranked brethren, the Dakra Prime falls short of Orthos Prime in almost all aspects except for normal movement speed whilst swinging. Unless there is some other hidden value in using long swords (such as the elusive innate stagger chance that we may never see as an in-game statistic), its performance is disproportionate to the amount of work required to obtain or use it. 

May I add how incredibly frustrating it is to cut enemies more than once while moving at full speed anyway? It's hardly an advantage over heavy melee.