Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal blink suggestion

0Midas0

The current way blink is used is really awkward. You're holding sprint/roll, you have to let go of it, mash it twice, then hold it again. It's really uncomfortable, counter-intuitive, and just immediately feels wrong. So how about this instead:

Typically, since 'sprint'(whatever it's called for an archwing) is now one speed (and that speed is fast), you're usually sprinting when you expect to be traveling a good distance with room to move forwards. So why not just blink automatically whenever you start a sprint? You don't manually use it, it just automatically leads every sprint. When you want to blink again, you just quickly release and press sprint again. Super easy and comfortable. Since most situations where you'd use an archwing are in wide open areas, the risk of crashing should be minimal (or at least no worse than it was), but it should be infinitely easier to use. Aside from just being more comfortable, it would also be faster and easier to use, making it more practical to use as an evasive maneuver, or in intense situations.

Edited by 0Midas0

10 minutes ago, 0Midas0 said:

That would be because I'm not a masochist, so I don't have two separate buttons for what should just be one button.

Well, If you like to have a circus for controls, then its your problem that you need to fix it... Because you have the option to not have that problem.

The exact problem that you're having is the definition of being a masochist. Not being a masochist is to use separate binds, just like we're all being masochists due to "Hold E for Heavy Attacks". But unlike your problem, we don't have the option to disable it yet, despite the fact that there is a separate bind for Heavy Attacks.

I like my controls clean, with the Context Actions fitting under the same "Use" key bind. So, unless you're actively playing with a Gamepad, this Contextual Action multi-bind Sprint/Roll is being a problem because you want to and not because there is a lack of option.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Well, If you like to have a circus for controls, then its your problem that you need to fix it... Because you have the option to not have that problem.

The exact problem that you're having is the definition of being a masochist. Not being a masochist is to use separate binds, just like we're all being masochists due to "Hold E for Heavy Attacks". But unlike your problem, we don't have the option to disable it yet, despite the fact that there is a separate bind for Heavy Attacks.

I like my controls clean, with the Context Actions fitting under the same "Use" key bind. So, unless you're actively playing with a Gamepad, this Contextual Action multi-bind Sprint/Roll is being a problem because you want to and not because there is a lack of option.

While I agree with your statement, your constant use of bold for emphasis is pretty obnoxious.  Just an FYI.

Edited by Klaleara

I don't think people think about archwing's combat system at all. The current implementation of the teleport is just terrible and it hinders combat. This proposal is even more terrible. Activate teleport automatically when you activate sprint? What if I use sprint in combat? Yes, it is very pleasant to me to crash about the nearest asteroid or to fly back to opponents...

DE, please. Just attach the teleport to the k-drive. Let people stop dreaming about how to break the archwing system even more.

Edited by zhellon