Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to switch only Chat Server without changing language

Azzu-nyan

Hi, I'm an italian Warframe PC player (maybe the tag it's a hint about that).

I will go straight to the point: it's nearly impossibile to form a squad in the italian Recruitment Chat. And it's impossibile to trade too. There's no one here. Maybe 50 users when it's a really lucky day.
This is the situation right now. It's almost 3 PM here, so no, it's not the dead of night.

Spoiler

AuYUodb.png

wTj0fkF.png

F7hdRTP.png

For me it's no big deal since I can understand english, but there are some guys that just want to play the game in italian because they're not skilled with english or some other reasons. This situation is going on since 2014 and it's just sad.
Other italians just don't care. This is unfortunately a fact, since I have discussed about this matter for YEARS, in game and on social medias, with replies like "heh not my problem" (and then complaint about how the italian region is empty, like it's someone else's fault).

This is not a PC-only problem, it's a sad reality in other platforms too. I play on Switch as well and I've seen 10 people max in Region.

So, my suggestion is: is it possible to have an Option to decide which chat server you want to use for Region\Recruitment\Trade chat (maintaining the chosen localization for the UI\dialogs - italian in this case)? Or directly merge the italian Recruitment & Trade chat with the English one?
I know it's a strange request but I think these are the only solutions for this matter. With this, I don't think there will be many more "I can't sell my stuff there's no one here" or "this server is empy how can i switch to the global one?".
I just don't want to see the italian server die, and sadly this is what is happening. I know it's a small server and maybe it's no big deal for DE, but... I love this place. I spend the majority of my time helping newbies there. It's thanks to this server that I've met my boyfriend and my best friends 4 years ago. I don't want to see it die... I want other players to experience space friendship like I did too.

I don't know if other languages have this kind of situation, but I think it can be helpful for many Tenno that struggle to find help in smaller Regions.

Sorry for this strange suggestion but I don't want to give up yet. I really have tried everything, from talking with players to support tickets. This is the last resort I have. 
I hope this will shake anything loose.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Azzu-nyan

I completely agree with Azzu, I have been playing in the Italian server for years and I have always worked hard on recruitment for my clan and attempts to communicate with the chat region, but the activity is non-existent. The exchanges are totally deserted and all those who play with me, play mainly in English for this reason.

I hope that the DE takes a look and considers Azzu's proposal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Sono completamente d'accordo con Azzu, Gioco nel server italiano da anni e mi sono sempre impegnata al massimo tra reclutamenti per il mio clan e tentativi di comunicare con la chat regione, ma l'attività è inesistente. Gli scambi sono totalmente deserti e tutti quelli che giocano con me, giocano principalmente in inglese per questo motivo.

Spero che la DE  prenda visione e consideri la proposta di Azzu. 

On 2019-12-11 at 8:02 PM, Azzu-nyan said:

So, my suggestion is: is it possible to have an Option to decide which chat server you want to use for Region\Recruitment\Trade chat (maintaining the chosen localization for the UI\dialogs - italian in this case)? Or directly merge the italian Recruitment & Trade chat with the English one?

iirc, changing the "region" to non Europe continent in the option settings should change the chat server region as well. Or at least. it works with region chat.

54 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

iirc, changing the "region" to non Europe continent in the option settings should change the chat server region as well. Or at least. it works with region chat.

Yeah, for the English one, but for the Italian one it doesn't work like that unfortunately. We are "isolated". <-<

It's a problem not only of the Italian version, but of the game itself. You can't connect to a chat that's different to the language of your game (or worse, as in the Switch case, of your system). I play on Switch and if I want to chat in the only region that's alive (that is, the english chat one), I have to set the whole console in English because there's not even an option to change the language to English in game. I shouldn't be forced to play all my games in English (I don't mind but that's not the point) just to have the possiblity of playing with other people in Warframe.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Azzu-nyan:

They are in English since we don't translate mod's names.

You sure about that? I saw a Russian Mod 2 Days ago and i know for 100% there are German Mod Names!

Condition Overload in German is "Zustandsüberladung"

https://warframe.fandom.com/de/wiki/Zustandsüberladung

If i Link "Zustandsüberladung" in an English Chat you wont be able to Click on it.

Edited by buSoreZ

1 minute ago, buSoreZ said:

You sure about that? I saw a Russian Mod 2 Days ago and i know for 100% there are German Mod Names!

Yeah... I'm sure. I'm one of the Italian Tenno Translators.
I know a lot of localizations have translated them but we maintained the english names since in italian sound kinda silly. ^^"

Yeah but you want to Change the Chat Server without Changing the Language right? If this is Possible its NOT only for the Italian Client. It would also work for the Russian or German Client and they have Translate the Mod Names. So you would read German, Russian and WHATEVER Languages in the Trading Chat. That would be a Mess

PLEASE NEVER do this!

Edited by buSoreZ

What do you people expect DE to do about this? Perhaps you want them to coerce people from Italy to play Warframe? Perhaps bribe them into playing the game? Offer them rewards for playing the game? There's nothing they can do, if Italian people simply are not interested in this game.

On 2019-12-13 at 3:00 PM, buSoreZ said:

Yeah but you want to Change the Chat Server without Changing the Language right? If this is Possible its NOT only for the Italian Client. It would also work for the Russian or German Client and they have Translate the Mod Names. So you would read German, Russian and WHATEVER Languages in the Trading Chat. That would be a Mess

PLEASE NEVER do this!

FFXIV does this. Just that when you click on the item (even if it's on a different language), you see it in the language of your clienta because the link is for the item, that has (or should have) the same ID in all the languages. Is not rocket science to do something like that.

• Like 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Belaptir:

FFXIV does this. Just that when you click on the item (even if it's on a different language), you see it in the language of your clienta because the link is for the item, that has (or should have) the same ID in all the languages. Is not rocket science to do something like that.

Dont tell me that 😄 In Warframe it just doesnt work. That was a Reason why i changed from German to English Client.

On 2019-12-17 at 5:11 PM, Enudo47 said:

What do you people expect DE to do about this? Perhaps you want them to coerce people from Italy to play Warframe? Perhaps bribe them into playing the game? Offer them rewards for playing the game? There's nothing they can do, if Italian people simply are not interested in this game.

You are goinf off-topic dude, A global chat would be nice for ALL not only for Italians people, I think that a lot of people would be happy to play Warframe in their own language, specially the ones that are not so good in english. You are talking about italians that are not interested in the game (and that's not true), how in the world those 2 things are related? We are just talking about a global chat.

On 2019-12-17 at 6:15 PM, buSoreZ said:

Dont tell me that 😄 In Warframe it just doesnt work. That was a Reason why i changed from German to English Client.

Exactly, that's the problem, many games use a global chat and use the same ID in all the languages, DE is just too lazy to do that, maybe unable to do it or just they don't care cause people keep changing language to trade so this isn't on theyr priorities.

You said you changed language from german to english, wouldn't you be happy to play in German while you can still trade with others?

Btw yes in the italian game the mods are in english, years ago were tarnslated to italian but the translated names sound so... dumb... so they changed it again to english.

I think this would be a good idea not only for italians but for everyone that doesn't speack english so well. DE could even just add an extra chat and make it global. Personally I don't need it, but would be nice use region chat to speack in my language while I use the global chat to trade.

Edited by DovahKya

On 2019-12-20 at 10:49 AM, DovahKya said:

You are goinf off-topic dude, A global chat would be nice for ALL not only for Italians people, I think that a lot of people would be happy to play Warframe in theyr own language, specially the ones that are not so good in english. You are talking about italians that are not interested in the game (and that's not true), how in the world those 2 things are related? We are just talking about a global chat.

Exactly, that's the problem, many games use a global chat and use the same ID in all the languages, DE is just too lazy to do that, maybe unable to do it or just they don't care cause people keep changing language to trade so this isn't on theyr priorities.

You said you changed language from german to english, wouldn't you be happy to play in German while you can still trade with others?

Btw yes in the italian game the mods are in english, years ago were tarnslated to italian but the translated names sound so... dumb... so they changed it again to english.

I think this would be a good idea not only for italians but for everyone that doesn't speack english so well. DE could even just add an extra chat and make it global. Personally I don't need it, but would be nice use region chat to speack in my language while I use the global chat to trade.

Oh, wonderful. Another person who is into the whole 21st century "assimilation" argument? Why don't we also bring in why there's a "China Town" in every major city within the United States? Perhaps also bring up the topic of the HK "protests"?

In all seriousness... you speak of it being "nice", but I hate that word, because it's a word that speaks of petulance and being infantile. It won't be at all nice when everyone starts speaking English. I love when the world babbles on about "diversity", and yet, THESE are the solutions to whatever "problems" we face.

Here's an argument for diversity's sake...

And here's a solution to a problem, by "bringing everyone together".

I'm sure every Italian person would agree with me, especially when you can't even enter into parts of Rome, without it appearing like Istanbul.

Don't like my words? Well, stop living under your covers, child. There are problems, but you provide solutions that are merely the act of adding salt to the wound.

20 minutes ago, Enudo47 said:

Oh, wonderful. Another person who is into the whole 21st century "assimilation" argument? Why don't we also bring in why there's a "China Town" in every major city within the United States? Perhaps also bring up the topic of the HK "protests"?

In all seriousness... you speak of it being "nice", but I hate that word, because it's a word that speaks of petulance and being infantile. It won't be at all nice when everyone starts speaking English. I love when the world babbles on about "diversity", and yet, THESE are the solutions to whatever "problems" we face.

Here's an argument for diversity's sake...

And here's a solution to a problem, by "bringing everyone together".

I'm sure every Italian person would agree with me, especially when you can't even enter into parts of Rome, without it appearing like Istanbul.

Don't like my words? Well, stop living under your covers, child. There are problems, but you provide solutions that are merely the act of adding salt to the wound.

You are Off-topic once again. We are talking about a f**ing GLOBAL CHAT, we are not talking about diversity, about Rome, China Town or about the world, we are talking about a chat in a GAME , people just want to trade while playing in their own language, what's your proplem? Seriusly.

Edited by DovahKya