Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You De

BlindeyeInsight

Thank you for making a game where you play cyborg ninjas in space!

Thank you for making 50% of the Warframes female. For not making their designs overly sexualised. For making gender of the rescued character random. For making the Grineer a matriarchy where their female units are more badass.

Warframe is quite possibly one of the least sexist games I've ever played.

My wife immediately wanted to play after seeing the game in action. She's never played a 3rd person shooter before, and usually avoids "twitch" games entirely, but for some reason she leapt at the chance to join my Tenno in battle. I'd like to say that the accesibility of your game's unique esthetic likely encouraged that and kept her playing. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a higher than average female gamer fanbase.

Also, the community around here seems pretty awesome. We'll see how they reply to my gushing.

So thanks! We're going to be here a while, and probably spend too much money on this amazing game!

Edited by BlindeyeInsight

Totally agree!

Thank you for making 50% of the Warframes female. For not making their designs overly sexualised...

My girlfriend actually didn't want to play this game because she thought the female's busts weren't big enough.. Still think it's kinda funny.

Also, the community around here seems pretty awesome. 

I see you're new here.

But actually, I'm not sure why the Grineer having a matriarchy would be not-sexist... The Grineer are oppressive and violent... and you kill them. That's reinforcing negative attitudes and justifying violence towards women.

See how I did that?

But yeah, I just want to see a trans or really androgynous frame. The Tenno are pretty androgynous as it is, they wear warframes of both genders, their pronoun depends on their armor suit, but as a race, if you could call them that, they do have sexes. Food for thought. Okay I need to go to bed.

a game where you play cyborg ninjas in space!

and who says they are cyborg's hmmm ? last time i checked tenno are a mysterious race that we do not yet know about but the warframes that they masters are suits of some kind

also welcome

But actually, I'm not sure why the Grineer having a matriarchy would be not-sexist... The Grineer are oppressive and violent... and you kill them. That's reinforcing negative attitudes and justifying violence towards women.

It's mostly HOW the matriarchy is dealt. First off, an evil matriarchy IS sexist just like an evil patriarchy is. I was saying the game as a whole is the least sexist game I've played, not that it wasn't sexist at all. After all, it's not a perfect world.

But back to my point, matriarchies in other media (esp. Dark Elves in fantasy games) usually over-sex their leaders. The Grineer on the other hand, are all ugly. Other times, matriarchies paint their leaders as 'evil because they're women', and yet the Grineer just seem to all be similarily insane and evil due to their crazy beliefs that might makes right.

And yes, I am new. That is why I'm posting my gushing reaction to the game in the Introductions forum. ;)