The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

I've been sent to the wrong missions a lot recently

MacmillanLeopard

Starting yesterday i would cue for a mission, say maybe, sabotage or spy. I would almost exclusively get thrown into exterminate. Today I cued for Phorid invasion 14 times i was thrown into exterminate 13 out of those 14 attempts. I'm getting incredibly frustrated, has anyone else had an issue like this?

• Like 1

Been happening to me a lot lately too. I just (as in, within the last 30 seconds) completed a syndicate mission. Here's the bug report:

Action: In navigation, opened the Syndicate mission screen. Clicked to start a Steel Meridian Exterminate located on Naeglar, Eris.

Expected Outcome: I would play a Steel Meridian Exterminate mission on Naeglar, Eris.

Actual Outcome: I played an Arbiters of Hexis Spy mission located on a corpus planet (Pluto, I think, but I don't remember). 

Sure enough, when I check back in the Nav screen, the Naeglar mission is still there, but the Arbiter's spy mission was gone. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

This was actually helpful to me when I was farming lich murmurs since it would just throw me into a populated group, I appreciated just being sent to where there are people consistently then. But then I tried to do a syndicate interception mission and about 5 times in a row it sent me to a random mission on Pluto.

All said and done I wouldn't mind having a way to do this for lich murmur farming just click a lich node on the planet and just get grouped up with people for a random lich mission on that planet that has people in it, other players have been getting kinda thin on the ground for farming murmurs if you're on at the wrong times. But it has to be intentional.

• Like 1

It only happens if I join a Squad, Missions where I am the Host are unaffected from this. Syndicate Missions are also affected by this, It's possible to get in Missions from enemy factions, and even in Missions already completed, resulting in no Medallions and no extra Reputation with them.

Matchmaking is definitely broken. I queued up three times for Red Veil Exterminate and *three* times I was sent to the wrong mission. The first one was a Defense Mission to defend an Orokin power core. The second one was a New Loka Exterminate and the third one was a regular non-Syndicate exterminate. At least the last two were on the correct map, but... and then there was the Phorid/Infestation invasion on Ceres yesterday. I queued up for it twenty times times and got into the correct mission only twelve times. The other eight were other Invasion missions on Ceres.

Edited by Burnsidhe

It seems like we're being thrown into a general pool of "People who want to play a mission" instead of "People who want to play this specific mission" -- and then whatever the host picked becomes the actual mission. I bounced off the Phorid assassinate 4 times yesterday - each time going to the other invasion on that planet - eventually just went solo because that's the only reliable way to get the mission you choose.

I admit however it's great for murmur farming because you never use up any lich missions - you can run the same one like 8 times. 

Edit: in fact, the one I reported upthread with Syndicate missions, every player in the squad had picked a different mission type, but we all got thrown into the same pool. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe