The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain Extract

TheChaotic1

Since Alerts are gone, getting Nitain has become much more awkward to aquire, I decided to farm for wolf sledge, but had to use all my credits on beacons so now I have none to buy nitain which sucks but its really just RNG and me not wanting to use the market because fighting the wolf is fun. And the only place you can farm for it at any time is void sabotage, which will take at least 60 runs just to get into favorable chances to get all five. I know there are events where you can get it but none are running right now, it used to pop up for alerts so you could just work on other much more fun content before popping into the alert to grab a nitain and then come back tomorrow.

This isnt a thread about it being "Hard" or "Time consuming", this is a thread about the zero fun you get running sabotage missions. The fact of the matter is right now you can be looking at up to 100+ runs in the sabotage missions and I'm just genuinely not good at finding caches. Nitain is incidental.

I'm not looking for tips on how to run caches better, thats not the point. The point is getting this resource is really wonky compared to everything else in the game, and it would be extremely easy to fix but changing a 2 to like, an 8.

Current Proposed Solutions

• Increase the reward chance in sabotage, a lot of people argue that its easy to obtain in nightwave, so why shouldn't it be easy to obtain in regular play <--- Best solution, takes five minutes to fix
  • Add it to the loot pool of some other mission type so there is at least some variety for players in need of lots of it.
  • Bring back normal alerts, people liked them and it still feels weird they are gone
  • Add another way to earn nightwave credit, it doesn't have to be infinite. Maybe something for completing a full set of challenges
Edited by TheChaotic1

24 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

I spent all my nightwave credit on wolf beacons and now I have none to buy nitain

24 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

The point is getting this resource is really wonky compared to everything else in the game.

Uh... the point is you spent all your currency without planning ahead and find yourself in a position that you put yourself in.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Uh... the point is you spent all your currency without planning ahead and find yourself in a position that you put yourself in.

I had to spend them to get the parts in the first place, thats not on me, and could not be further from the point of the thread. I shouldn't have to wait for it to be more convenient to get an item.

Edited by TheChaotic1

4 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

I had to spend them to get the parts in the first place, thats not on me, and could not be further from the point of the thread. I shouldn't have to wait for it to be more convenient to get an item.

You made a choice knowing the results beforehand. Life is full of choices, this is just one of them.You could save part of the creds to get some Nitain if you needed it so bad.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

You made a choice knowing the results beforehand. Life is full of choices, this is just one of them.You could save part of the creds to get some Nitain if you needed it so bad.

I needed it to build, what I got, with the creds. You should take your own advice and think before deciding you are right. This is off topic anyway, we are here to talk about how Nitain should be more accessible outside of gimmicky events.

Just now, TheChaotic1 said:

I needed it to build, what I got, with the creds. You should take your own advice and think before deciding you are right. This is off topic anyway, we are here to talk about how Nitain should be more accessible outside of gimmicky events.

The fact is Nitain is accessible. But you made a bad choice and are blaming it to the game. You spent all your creds on getting the wolf beacons (because you couldn't wait for it to come with Baro) and now complain that you can't get nitain immediately. Nitain is a fixed reward in the nightwave and if you complete all 30 ranks, you get 15 creds each one after 30. So you just have to wait and you'll get more creds eventually.

Next time, instead of spending all of them like this, think more carefully.

Just now, (NSW)Belaptir said:

The fact is Nitain is accessible. But you made a bad choice and are blaming it to the game. You spent all your creds on getting the wolf beacons (because you couldn't wait for it to come with Baro) and now complain that you can't get nitain immediately. Nitain is a fixed reward in the nightwave and if you complete all 30 ranks, you get 15 creds each one after 30. So you just have to wait and you'll get more creds eventually.

Next time, instead of spending all of them like this, think more carefully.

Let me break these two things down more slowly for you.

1. This is all off topic and not contributing at all, and I'd like to actually talk about Nitain accessibility in regular missions
2. I had to spend my credits on wolf beacons, to farm wolf, I had to use all of my beacons to get the parts, there is no version of this where I end up having enough nitain and enough wolf parts, which is literally no ones fault, just bad RNG, my complaint is that its not FUN to grind nitain, and you'd probably know that if you read more than one sentence of my post. So next time practice more reading comprehension because I really dont want to have to reply about this again.

21 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

Let me break these two things down more slowly for you.

1. This is all off topic and not contributing at all, and I'd like to actually talk about Nitain accessibility in regular missions
2. I had to spend my credits on wolf beacons, to farm wolf, I had to use all of my beacons to get the parts, there is no version of this where I end up having enough nitain and enough wolf parts, which is literally no ones fault, just bad RNG, my complaint is that its not FUN to grind nitain, and you'd probably know that if you read more than one sentence of my post. So next time practice more reading comprehension because I really dont want to have to reply about this again.

So why didn't you just trade the parts you don't need for those that you do? Nitain is very easily accessible, you chose though to spend all creds on beacons. Only fault here is your own.

7 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

. This is all off topic and not contributing at all, and I'd like to actually talk about Nitain accessibility in regular missions

Nitain is accessible, you made a bad choice. That's not a design flaw.

14 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

You could have traded to get one of the parts you were missing, you could have waited for the baro to bring the beacons and get them from him... You could have kept some creds "just in case" if something dropped in the NW shop that you wanted... Still, YOU decided to spend all your creds and now can't wait to get more.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

So why didn't you just trade the parts you don't need for those that you do? Nitain is very easily accessible, you chose though to spend all creds on beacons. Only fault here is your own.

This isnt a matter of whose fault is it that I have to grind, its that this grind sucks. Getting wolfs parts was fun, getting nitain is not. I would rather run 200 fun 20 minute missions than 100 annoying 10 minute missions. The mission sucks, the topic is about the mission sucking.

Nitain is accessible, you made a bad choice. That's not a design flaw.

You could have traded to get one of the parts you were missing, you could have waited for the baro to bring the beacons and get them from him... You could have kept some creds "just in case" if something dropped in the NW shop that you wanted... Still, YOU decided to spend all your creds and now can't wait to get more.

And you could have chosen to read my post, this isnt me *@##&#036;ing about having to get nitain, this is me saying that sabatage caches are an unrewarding gameplay loop that adds nothing to the experience, sure I could have avoided this by minor circumstance changes, but this entire conversation could have been avoided if you could read

1 minute ago, TheChaotic1 said:

And you could have chosen to read my post, this isnt me *@##&#036;ing about having to get nitain, this is me saying that sabatage caches are an unrewarding gameplay loop that adds nothing to the experience, sure I could have avoided this by minor circumstance changes, but this entire conversation could have been avoided if you could read

Make a better title next time, how you prefaced this it just sounds like you complaining about nitain, you didn't actually post any feedback here, just your opinion.

Just now, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Make a better title next time, how you prefaced this it just sounds like you complaining about nitain, you didn't actually post any feedback here, just your opinion.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what feedback is, I am saying "I am not having fun playing your game, DE, and one small thing could improve this" That is feedback.

2 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

Nitain is obtainable through the nightwave creds. There's a small chance of getting in on sabotages that is considered as a cool bonus when it happens but is not (and should never be) considered the main way of obtaining it. This is all about how you screwed something and want others to fix it for you. That is how you worded everything till now. About "how I can't get a resource because I spent all my income on getting a different one and now want an easy way to get the thing that I chose to not get".

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what feedback is, I am saying "I am not having fun playing your game, DE, and one small thing could improve this" That is feedback.

Not really feedback since you haven't typed anything of how it can be improved, this belongs more in general discussion.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Nitain is obtainable through the nightwave creds. There's a small chance of getting in on sabotages that is considered as a cool bonus when it happens but is not (and should never be) considered the main way of obtaining it. This is all about how you screwed something and want others to fix it for you. That is how you worded everything till now. About "how I can't get a resource because I spent all my income on getting a different one and now want an easy way to get the thing that I chose to not get".

Irrelevant, as always. I have been constantly saying that this entire conversation has been off topic and you've ignored it. Actually literally every reply I've had to you but one has said that.

Edited by TheChaotic1

Not really feedback since you haven't typed anything of how it can be improved, this belongs more in general discussion.

It literally is feedback and I did several times mention ways to improve it, increase the drop chance, or add to another loot pool
But also, just because you dont provide a fix for your feedback, doesnt mean its not feedback. A survey of how you enjoyed something of 1 - 5 is feedback, even without explaining why you put a 1. And I dont see anyone in this thread giving better feedback that doesn't involve literally traveling through time.

It literally is feedback and I did several times mention ways to improve it, increase the drop chance, or add to another loot pool
But also, just because you dont provide a fix for your feedback, doesnt mean its not feedback. A survey of how you enjoyed something of 1 - 5 is feedback, even without explaining why you put a 1. And I dont see anyone in this thread giving better feedback that doesn't involve literally traveling through time.

1 hour ago, TheChaotic1 said:

Since Alerts are gone, getting Nitain has become much more of a hassle, I spent all my nightwave credit on wolf beacons and now I have none to buy nitain, and the only place I can farm for it is void sabotage, which will take at least 60 runs just to get into favorable chances. I know there are events where you can get it, but it used to pop up for alerts so you could just work on other much more fun content before popping into the alert to grab a nitain and then come back tomorrow.

This isnt a thread about it being "Hard" or "Time consuming", this is a thread about the zero fun you get running sabotage missions. The fact of the matter is right now you can be looking at up to 100+ runs in the sabotage missions and I'm just genuinely not good at finding caches. Nitain is incidental.

I'm not looking for tips on how to run caches better, thats not the point. The point is getting this resource is really wonky compared to everything else in the game, and it would be extremely easy to fix but changing a 2 to like, an 8.

Nowhere in here is you mentioning ways to improve, this is you complaining.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I think the point is Nightwave Cred needs to be easier to obtain, instead of only rewarding from specific NW ranks.

You know, like rewarding Cred for every challenge completed. Or every rank up.

That's one part of feedback. Explaining that you don't like it, and why.

It's up to the devs to solve it, not players, if they choose.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

Just now, DrakeWurrum said:

I think the point is Nightwave Cred needs to be easier to obtain, instead of only rewarding from specific NW ranks.

You know, like rewarding Cred for every challenge completed. Or every rank up.

Thats actually a much better solution than mine, do you mind if I add it to the OP?
Maybe give some way to earn a little each week, like, if you complete all that weeks challanges you get 5-10

Want solutions? Good:

Since Alerts are gone, getting Nitain has become much more of a hassle

This is not true. Through the NW shop you get packs of 5 whenever you want, without waiting for alerts. Point is, you have to choose what to get carefully. So it requires you to think beforehand instead of spending it all in a moment.

and the only place I can farm for it is void sabotage, which will take at least 60 runs just to get into favorable chances

As it was before, this hasn't changed. As explained before, you should not consider sabotage as a form of farming nitain, but as a neat bonus, much like legendary cores are a bonus (if they drop) on the sorties.

this is a thread about the zero fun you get running sabotage missions

That's like... you know... Your opinion.

and I'm just genuinely not good at finding caches

Git gud. Run a max range limbo with max resource radar, use equinox... There's a good bunch of tutorials on how to find them quickly.

The point is getting this resource is really wonky compared to everything else in the game

As explained before, it's not. You just made a bad choice and don't want to accept it. Complete the full nightwave and you'll get 15 creds for each level, enough to get you all the nitain you want (if you don't go spending all of them in beacons)

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

I said bump the drop rate from 2% to 8% this topic is about nitain drops in sabatage if your next post isnt about that it will be ignored.

12 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I say bring back Nitain alerts, and let Nightwave be the secondary source. Remind me why alerts got removed anyway?

Honestly I almost made a post about wanting alerts back instead.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

That's like... you know... Your opinion.

Git gud. Run a max range limbo with max resource radar, use equinox... There's a good bunch of tutorials on how to find them quickly.

A bunch of things that have nothing to do with the abyssal sabotage experience, and I don't know how no one told you but feedback is opinion based, so like, yeah its my opinion that they ought to do something about sabotage missions and getting nitain from there. You don't seem to actually have an opinion on that though, you just keep talking about things that are completely unrelated to it.
It says right in the OP that this thread isnt about sabotage caches being hard to find, and that advice isnt needed. Like, of course I already searched for guides online, its almost 2020, I just would rather spend my time in a mission thats worthwhile.

~~~~~~~

Added all current proposed solutions to the main topic, thank you to everyone who contributed to actual discussion

Edited by TheChaotic1

3 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

and I don't know how no one told you but feedback is opinion based,

Saying, and i quote: " this is a thread about the zero fun you get running sabotage missions." is stating a fact. You are not exposing an opinion here, but a fact. And... Well, trying to pass your opinion as an absolute fact... Nah, it's just not right.

5 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

You don't seem to actually have an opinion on that though

I do have an opinion that you, apparently aren't able to read: I'm fine with how the things are and I don't think they should be changed because of your lack of foresight.

6 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

you just keep talking about things that are completely unrelated to it.

You're just making this topic because you spend all your NW creds. Lack of foresight. I don't know how that is a game flaw that should be resolved.

8 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

It says right in the OP that this thread isnt about sabotage caches being hard to find

I'm quoting you when I reply you, you know? Like... You said in the OP that you are not good finding caches (hence the "Sabotage missions are zero fun").

10 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

I just would rather spend my time in a mission thats worthwhile.

Good, get your NW complete, and start getting creds on each rank after 30th so you'll have all Nitain you need. There you go, an objective to work on.

Saying, and i quote: " this is a thread about the zero fun you get running sabotage missions." is stating a fact. You are not exposing an opinion here, but a fact. And... Well, trying to pass your opinion as an absolute fact... Nah, it's just not right.

Arguing about nonsense so ignored.

I'm fine with how the things are and I don't think they should be changed

Finally, an actual on topic sentence fragment, Okay to rebuke this, I disagree. Do you want to try and convince me otherwise?

You're just making this topic because you spend all your NW creds. Lack of foresight. I don't know how that is a game flaw that should be resolved.

I made this topic because I feel running sabotage missions are not fun to run in mass, and that it can be fixed easily, which I made sure to bold later since it was so hard to understand that was the main point. You did contribute that to the rest of the discussion

I'm quoting you when I reply you, you know? Like... You said in the OP that you are not good finding caches (hence the "Sabotage missions are zero fun").

I also said I didnt need to be told how to find caches in the OP because I didn't want the discussion to devolve into people saying "But its easy to run 500 sabotage missions" instead of talking about how to do something about caches not being a fun game mechanic to hide materials behind. Which I stated in the OP and have now bolded.

Good, get your NW complete, and start getting creds on each rank after 30th so you'll have all Nitain you need. There you go, an objective to work on.

"bruh just wait thirty entire nightwave levels, I am very smart"