Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller based Archwing

(PSN)horridhal

So for anyone playing on consoles maybe you’ve noticed that there is an issue with the new archwing blink ability.  For myself I have had my slide/roll tied to my L1 trigger for years but in the new Archwing controls rather than this allowing me to blink it simply acts as a control to raise my height.

Has there been any acknowledgement of this as an issue or any sort of word from DE on it?

With all the foresight DE could muster, they removed blink from the Itzal and didn't give us universal blink. Just once I want to see them try this crap on PC just to see the forums explode. It was bad enough when they overwrote every single setting and chat filter last time. As always the unified cursor UI that was forced upon us so DE could push content faster has left us crippled with poorly implemented updates. Keep up the quality work DE!

" The changes that refined Afterburner and brought Blink to all Archwings were not included in this Update because we could not get them to work properly in time, and we did not want to hold the rest of the content. We were optimistic we could include it, but it was apparent in our testing that we’d cause quite a few binding blunders releasing it in its current state. So we are putting time into releasing a more controller friendly version of the changes for our console Tenno. "

There's got to be more to it than that.  Bind blink to transferrence, which is unused in archwing, or bind it to the old turboboost button.  Boom.  Done.  It's gotta be something more than "quite a few binding blunders" unless someone is seriously overthinking how to fit it onto the controller.