The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sudden increase in received damage with Update 25/26

Nyrai

Question

Hello Tenno!

Lately picked up the game again, basically felt the same as it had about a year ago... but then the Railjack/Empyrean-preparation patch came. Since then, enemies seem to be doing a crapton of damage more to me and friends I usually group up with, to the point that level 40 enemies regularly now knock me over if I'm not being overly careful.

No, I'm not opposed to this change very much... but I can't find documentation of it or any big announcement that enemies would start to do a lot more damage. Can anyone of you help me out with that? Was that maybe mentioned in a specific dev-stream?

6 answers to this question

Been mostly running Volt, but all of my mods are still there, all the builds are the same as far as I can see (nothing missing, nothing changed). But I do notice it on every single other frame as well, as do my friends. (Would've been less weird if it was just me, to be honest)

Volt tends to go down fairly easily, especially if you don't use electric shield a lot. You might want to review your modding to improve your survivability. On Volt Prime, using Flow and Quick Thinking with Adaptation could help. Don't overlook Arcanes either : some of them helps massively with survivability.

A few enemies can be surprisingly deadly around level 40 as well. Perhaps those were the reason why you went down really quick. Those were already deadly last year though. It's also possible that you lost a bit of your reflexes since you stopped playing for a year, or just that you don't remember how "hard" level 40 enemies are (they're not hard actually but they can take you offguard depending of what frame you're using).

If survivability really becomes problematic in the future, you might want to switch to a Warframe with a more reliable survivability. If you like Volt for his speedy traits, you might be interested by Nezha : great tank/support frame with excellent mobility thanks to his passive and firewalker. Just make sure your warding halo is up at all times and don't hesitate to use Blazing Chakram as often as possible.

After a bit more testing it might've been a "buggy" dragon key. I had no dragon key equipped, so I purposely equipped one, ran a mission, then unequipped it afterwards and starting from the next mission the received damage seemed to be fine again.

Thanks for all the responses!