Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would enemy mercenaries be nice for variety in normal missions?

ImWithDerp

(After DE hopefully catches up on current projects of course - I'm guessing New War will come with new sentient enemies, which will also help variety.)

Hypothetically, what if groups of Grineer/Corpus spawns in normal missions had a chance to be replaced with hired mercenaries? These mercs wouldn't necessarily be harder than the usual Grineer/Corpus units, but use different equipment/tactics and have different aesthetics (appearance/voice lines/etc.) for the sake of gameplay variety.

For example they could have tribal aspects to their appearance (like Predators from the movies) and use bows, glaives and other old-style weaponry. Pairs of them could try to flank you and hit from two directions at the same time. They could have an agile melee unit that jumps in and out for hit and run attacks. Infested versions of these mercs could be introduced as well.

There could even be different mercenary factions (each providing different gameplay and aesthetics) and/or missions targeting these mercenaries directly.

Do you think this would be nice to have? 

25 minutes ago, ImWithDerp said:

Do you think this would be nice to have? 

sure, I don't see why not. Corpus use Machine Proxies anyway, if they toss enough credits around they could employ anyone to do their dirty work. also, ice pirates exist, and i want to fight them. I want them to look like Corpus versions of Boba Fett, with their own weird weapons and such. that would be awesome!