Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Weapons Still Rolling Variable IPS Stats

ArcKnight9202

I went ahead and got myself a Fire Drakgoon to go along with my Radiation Drakgoon. For flexibility and to test something. Before, I got 2 Kuva Quartakks with slightly different IPS stats as well as elemental stats(obviously). I was under the impression the variability was supposed to only be for the elemental stats, bonus Impact notwithstanding.

What do I find between my 2 Drakgoons? There is another slight variable in the IPS stats. Why is this? Is this a bug? A display error? A rounding error? In both cases, the weapon with the much higher elemental% has the higher IPS stats as well. Are these tied together? I know the difference is minuscule but it's still annoying.

New

unknown.png

Old

unknown.png

• 4 weeks later...

After collecting a second Kuva Ayanga, I can state that these weapons do -not- have a variation in the base IPS stats(only impact in this case).

unknown.png

and the other one

unknown.png

I would love to see some explanation or resolution for this. I haven't even tried to use a Valence Transfer because I'm not sure if I'll get the "correct" version of the weapon.

My new Lich rolled a second Kuva Kohm so I will report back again with pictures of that weapon as well. When I get it of course.

If anyone has a Kuva Ayanga with different Impact damage, please share a picture of it. I only have these 2.

Edited by ArcKnight9202

On 2020-01-11 at 3:00 PM, DrivaMain said:

They actually subtract some of the IPS and convert it to the element of the lich and add some small damage to it. I believe this is to prevent Kuva Weapons to not power creep other variants.

While this may be true, it seems inconsistent. The fact that the elemental damage can roll in a range in the first place should be the check and balance against power creep.

Anyways, here is the Kuva Kohm. It also has variable stats, but, surprisingly, they are inverted when compared to the Quartakk and Drakgoon. Where each of those seem to get overall stronger IPS with a stronger elemental bonus, the Kuva Kohm became weaker in its IPS with its stronger elemental bonus.

Original

unknown.png

and the second

unknown.png

Edited by ArcKnight9202

31 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

Anyways, here is the Kuva Kohm. It also has variable stats, but, surprisingly, they are inverted when compared to the Quartakk and Drakgoon. Where each of those seem to get overall stronger IPS with a stronger elemental bonus, the Kuva Kohm became weaker in its IPS with its stronger elemental bonus.

Huh there are some inconsistency there, you should probably post this when the next devstream forum thread pop up (likely next wednesday).

10 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Huh there are some inconsistency there, you should probably post this when the next devstream forum thread pop up (likely next wednesday).

Ya, based on what you said, it sort of makes sense. And maybe there's something here to balance out the fact that it's a shotgun, but how can we tell?

I'll take your suggestion under advisement. My timetable doesn't really line up with the devstreams and stuff but I'll see what I can do. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

How i understand if a weapon is 60% heat then 60% of the base start is converted to heat. for example a weapon with 100 damage is 60 heat 40 base damage.

the only problem is i think when you fuse weapons both base damage and elemental damage increase.

2 hours ago, b4timert said:

How i understand if a weapon is 60% heat then 60% of the base start is converted to heat. for example a weapon with 100 damage is 60 heat 40 base damage.

the only problem is i think when you fuse weapons both base damage and elemental damage increase.

Not really. A percentage of the weapon's base damage is converted to the a percentag of the elemental bonus and then they increase the weapon's total base damage by the rest of the elemental percentage.

Total base damage actually increases, but losing IPS especially slash can be a nerf to the weapon in some cases.