Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Early game help/progressing.

(PSN)Clankinator68

Question

Hello! I am a new player who started two days ago. (ps4)  I am currently mr1 and have some boosters and 150 platinum (from the booster pack).  I am F2P.  I did watch multiple beginner guides.  

What do you think i should do to progress faster?  I feel kind of stuck. Although i enjoy the game, i dont know what to do in anything. I am having a hard time in venus (especially kiliken)

Also, what weapons/frames do you recommend for me. I prefer fun, melee, damage for frames and a bow for primary.

Last question: Any tips for speeding up mr1

I would also love to join any of your clans with a decent amount of players 😄

Thanks for all the help in advance!  Sorry for the noob questions. Looks like a great community so far 🙂

Edited by (PS4)Clankinator68
confusing typo

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)Clankinator68 said:

Hello! I am a new player who started two days ago. (ps4)  I am currently mr1 and have some boosters and 150 platinum (from the booster pack).  I am F2P.  I did watch multiple beginner guides.  

What do you think i should do to progress faster?  I feel kind of stuck. Although i enjoy the game, i dont know what to do in anything. I am having a hard time in venus (especially kiliken)

Also, what weapons/frames do you recommend for me. I prefer fun, melee, damage for frames and a bow for primary.

((at your MR, your kinda limited on your weapon options, I would say to build any weapons you can that look like fun to you. Try out lots of diffrent things. This leads into my next answer))

Last question: Any tips for speeding up mr1

((The way you level MR is a bit different then in most games. MR is levels up when you max level a piece of equiptment, like a Warframe or weapon. That is another reason I said above you should build everything you can. Not only will it help you learn about all the diffrent weapon types, but it will help you raise your MR, which in turn will grant you access to more weapons))

I would also love to join any of your clans with a decent amount of players 😄

Thanks for all the help in advance!  Sorry for the noob questions. Looks like a great community so far 🙂

((It's all good, we expect questions. Most members of the community will not be toxic about it. Good Luck Tenno))

Youtube offers a lot of beginner guide videos that will help you to progress. I will only answer your questions in this thread as those videos will pretty much tell you everything you need to know. It's gonna be a long list if I type everything here when you can watch a 5 minute video that will outline all there is to know.

MR is gained by ranking up a frame or weapon to 30. You have 3 weapons you get from the tutorial, rank them all up since a rank 30 weapon or frame will have more mod capacity, allowing you to equip more stronger mods. Exp AKA affinity is gained faster when you're in a group, so if you want to rank your items faster, play public. Defense missions are the best for grinding affinity.

If you find yourself having a hard time in a mission, try playing public instead of solo. Spend some time equipping mods on your warframe and weapons too. You probably don't have a lot of mod yet but having a few mods is better than not having a single mod equipped.