Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aten Is virtually impossible solo

sooeeecyde

I'm all for challenging missions and the throwback to the T4 tower days with 200% increased damage. but my problem is I'm a solo player and I have tried to reach out for assistance with this mission as I can't complete it. the closest I got to completing this mission was hiding in a corner after maxing my energy as ember prime and just nuking anything that goes near the terminal with my 4th ability that gets me through to about halfway through the 3rd terminal IF Vor doesn't show during an attempted hack. I can handle Vor fairly well if i'm not focusing on the objective and i understand this is a 'co-operative experience' but honestly you try finding someone to help you with something that isn't a sortie, requiem, index or railjack lately so even if I was a multiplayer kinda guy it isn't gonna happen. but my biggest and most anger inducing problem with this level is you locked the rest of the main story so far behind it that even if a player comes along for the story unless something drastically changes in the T4 levels or the player base they aren't getting past this level. I've tried using my EmberP, Frost, Mirage, Nekros, AshP, NovaP, Mag, LokiP and with a variety of different weapons including a build for the soma i had researched into nothing i change or do differently mission wise changes the fact that this mission is like a brick wall for the story, a story i would like to see through to the end but after 30-40 tries of this and sitting in a recruitment chat for hours looking for help i'm about ready to throw in the towel and consider this game done. 

18 minutes ago, sooeeecyde said:

I'm all for challenging missions and the throwback to the T4 tower days with 200% increased damage. but my problem is I'm a solo player and I have tried to reach out for assistance with this mission as I can't complete it. the closest I got to completing this mission was hiding in a corner after maxing my energy as ember prime and just nuking anything that goes near the terminal with my 4th ability that gets me through to about halfway through the 3rd terminal IF Vor doesn't show during an attempted hack. I can handle Vor fairly well if i'm not focusing on the objective and i understand this is a 'co-operative experience' but honestly you try finding someone to help you with something that isn't a sortie, requiem, index or railjack lately so even if I was a multiplayer kinda guy it isn't gonna happen. but my biggest and most anger inducing problem with this level is you locked the rest of the main story so far behind it that even if a player comes along for the story unless something drastically changes in the T4 levels or the player base they aren't getting past this level. I've tried using my EmberP, Frost, Mirage, Nekros, AshP, NovaP, Mag, LokiP and with a variety of different weapons including a build for the soma i had researched into nothing i change or do differently mission wise changes the fact that this mission is like a brick wall for the story, a story i would like to see through to the end but after 30-40 tries of this and sitting in a recruitment chat for hours looking for help i'm about ready to throw in the towel and consider this game done. 

I had to get my clan to help with this as I had exactly the same as a solo player. Even my Iron Skin Rhino didn't last long and I think the only way to solo it is with a Frost built to spam Snow Globe every 4 seconds to make use of the invulnerability phase.

You can bypass this if you can get a taxi to Mot (a much more popular node) as clearing that will let you progress in the story. DE really need to look at this though as it is a real progression blocker for new players.

18 minutes ago, Shalath said:

it is a real progression blocker for new players

Now I don't wanna just say "git gud" but, well, I kinda don't have a huge problem with this, TBH.

A bit of a gear / skill check now and then is alright IMO, this is the latter part of the story we're talking about,
I'm not sure you should be able to rush through it all without some difficulty / seeking out help.

Not least, better capabilities for and knowledge about e.g. modding is kinda something that should be enforced (more),
it's a bit sad / terrible when you meet decently-high MR players and they just don't know, say, how Affinity actually works, or that elemental damage is useful.

(Of course, the game could do a lot more in regards to giving out said knowledge, I'm not saying it's a perfect / obvious solution to have to go to the Wiki etc.)

49 minutes ago, sooeeecyde said:

I'm a solo player

For the record, solo-ing the T4 part of the Void is far from impossible,
e.g. Frost and Nova are somewhat easy mode for MD if modded / used correctly (no offense meant, just ... the truth, heh).

What are your builds for those two (and maybe your weapons while we're at it), how does your play style / game plan with them look like?

So far, I've done my first run through of every mission solo (in no small part because everyone rushes and I like to full clear). T4 Void were definitely the first maps I just extracted as soon as I was finished, rather than trying to explore the map. It was tough, but I managed to get through using normal Rhino (no upgrades, just Steel Charge aura). I main melee, so that might make the difference. It was either with Broken Scepter or Broken War, because quest rewards are my only Catalyst'ed weapons. But I just smacked everything and it was mostly fine. Very challenging, but not prohibitively so. Using Life Strike definitely improves the solo experience, unless you have a warframe you like with healing.

My Rhino build: Redirection(10), Fast Deflection(9), (both on Vazarin slots for 10 total) ,Vitality(7), Gladiator Resolve(6), Gladiator Aegis(7). Also loot radar and sprint speed for 18 points, negating the aura bonus. So even without an aura, with the right weapon, there's no reason you shouldn't survive it. Just follow my philosophy: Carry a big stick, and when in doubt, spam heavy slam.

31 minutes ago, MD04 said:

My Rhino build: Redirection(10), Fast Deflection(9), (both on Vazarin slots for 10 total) ,Vitality(7), Gladiator Resolve(6), Gladiator Aegis(7). Also loot radar and sprint speed for 18 points, negating the aura bonus. So even without an aura, with the right weapon, there's no reason you shouldn't survive it. Just follow my philosophy: Carry a big stick, and when in doubt, spam heavy slam.

It has been a long time since I've been where you are so I'm not sure if you Rhino build is the way it is because you still lack necessary resources/mods or understanding of how Rhino works. But his iron skin scales with armor and power strength, I would suggest that instead of deflection and redirection and vitality, you stick Steel Fiber, Intensify, armored agility and gladiator aegis and if you have any other power increasing mods on the Rhino. (basically as much armor and power strength as you can) My mission runner Rhino right now has 8k hp Iron Skin right out of the box. This isn't an optimal build since you can get alot better values, but my rhino is there for me to get through mission fast without requiring any kind of s setup, and there aren't many things on starchart that can chew through the 8k Iron Skin fast.

9 hours ago, IMP_102 said:

It has been a long time since I've been where you are so I'm not sure if you Rhino build is the way it is because you still lack necessary resources/mods or understanding of how Rhino works. But his iron skin scales with armor and power strength, I would suggest that instead of deflection and redirection and vitality, you stick Steel Fiber, Intensify, armored agility and gladiator aegis and if you have any other power increasing mods on the Rhino. (basically as much armor and power strength as you can) My mission runner Rhino right now has 8k hp Iron Skin right out of the box. This isn't an optimal build since you can get alot better values, but my rhino is there for me to get through mission fast without requiring any kind of s setup, and there aren't many things on starchart that can chew through the 8k Iron Skin fast.

I mean if it's suboptimal, that's all the more evidence T4 Void is not as impossible as OP believes. That's kind of the point I was making in sharing a clearly underpowered build. That you don't even need rare mods to clear it. (Well not on your warframe, my melee is decently stacked.)

I didn't realize Iron Skin scaled with armor. I had some ability strength but I preferred what I have now. I can probably swap Fast Deflection out, since shields recharge behind the Iron Skin anyway, but TBH, 90% of the time I don't even cast it unless I feel like I'm in trouble, and the worse trouble you're in, the higher it gets anyway. There are also instances where you're out of energy, and if you require Iron Skin to survive, then you're backed into a corner. I might care more if I start farming higher level missions, but I'm still finishing up the Star Chart. And it's been good enough to go 8 rounds of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, so. Also, since I'm in melee most of the time, Nullifiers are a bigger threat to Iron Skin, especially if I'm not even carrying guns.