Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new Yeah, a new discussion about the Trading System

Macsi

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

@Anduvriel

You seem to be assuming that I intend to remove trade chat,when that was never my intention. I am merely offering an alternative store method for players that don't mind making offers and waiting for replies. If you prefer to spam trade chat then that would be fine. This is also why I suggested limiting items listed in the store by MR so it is supplemental to the daily trade limit.

Personally I would prefer a social space in the Orbiter where players can setup a store for others to visit. Phantasy Star Universe used a system like this where the player's personal room was locked with a pass code, but the store could be opened to the public for trading. This allowed friends or guildmates into their store, but not the public. Or they could leave their store open to the public and lock it whenever they wanted. There was of course an item limit so players had to decide which items were important enough to list for sale, but often these stores served as a method for players to trade with their friends since only they had the pass code to enter. You could also leave messages for your friends when you visted. It made it feel like running an actual shop and you could also decorate it so it was personalized too.

I didn't read all of your posts in this thread, i responded to the one you quoted me in.

I honestly don't care about trade chat in both games, as far as i am concerned you can delete them XD, thou i admit i used it long time ago to buy relics... They are totally unreadable, filled with scam overpriced offers and lowball wtb ones. I sell and buy now only through the market. 

Have you tried it? You can set up to 100 sell and buy offers. Its your shop, people can rate you, they can whisper, leave messages for you. They see if you are online or ingame and it usually works well. I never experienced servers down and people you message usually respond and quickly (never more than 5 whispers). Depending on what and for how much you sell you can get pms imidiately or in few days. It works really well. Far better than Poe market sites.  

I see a decline of reliable plat farms in the recent year. Values of the most desirable stuff is lowering, plat is worth a lot more now than a year ago.

Warframe economy today is in a far worse state than a year ago.. I think its mostly due to less (player) growth and certain changes in the game. Constant unvaulting, cheap endo due to arbitrations and eidolons having their toll on arcanes. All farms got easier, all timed things shortened.. 

I am hesistant to agree for any open ingame market, not because i will lose, i wont feel it (mr 28 with almost everything), new players will. 

Thats my opinion and observations. I would love to see an auction house and a remade trade in Poe, it definetely needs it, but here i am hesistant. Not inconvincible thou. 

If you made auction style trading you would have to add a platinum tax or I daresay most stuff becomes worthless overnight since the amount of prime items out there far exceeds demand for basically everything at this point and the only thing keeping values from collapsing completely is the fact that you have to use trade chat to sell or warframe.market, but that isn't an automated system either like WoW's auction house.  

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

EDIT: And before DE deleted all my settings and chat filters, I had excluded every riven and could filter for the items I wanted. The trade chat would fluctate based on time of day depending on which region is active. Typically prices went lower after school/work got out and then went back up later in the evening (values adjust based on active player counts). If you wanted items from Baro you got the best prices a couple hours after his items became available. Sure, undercutting happens in trade chat but it is not nearly as bad as you make it sound. If you want a better price, just sell it at a different time; it's like clockwork.

Negative filters are inferior for the purpose. Positive filters override the negatives, and limiting yourself to just a few at a time, will also remove the vast majority of the Riven spam. 

No it won't allow you to blind yourself to every message containing a reference to a riven, but let's face it, filtering all Rivens out will also inadvertently remove messages that also contain information that you may want to see. 

The trade off is that you will need to limit your greed to just a couple of items at a time. Of course it's probably easier to keep track of just a few items and their asking prices. 

Ain't nothing stopping you from advertising whatever items you want and having people message you directly for them, while you are actively scanning for your chosen selection of items. 

I know, I know. It sounds crazy. Focus on selling less so that we can make more with less effort. But I mean... What do you have to lose?