Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new Yeah, a new discussion about the Trading System

Macsi

Hi

I traded a lot in the last few weeks and I read many discussions about the trading System. Some things made sense, some were just defending the current System.

Soooo ...

... the Usability of the Tradingsystem process as a whole is ... not the best, to stay polite. Everyone knows and that some ppl make a lot of platinume even with the current system is not a reason to say its good. There are some things ppl came up with, wich I can t see where there Point is, maybe you can help me understand.

1. The Trading is like that to force ppl to interact with eachother. I never added one of my tradingpartner, we both want something, we trade and thats it. There are much better ways to find friends in Warframe.

2. The prices would be going to hell, cause everyone tries to be cheper than the others. Thats just what happens now. If you look at the Warframe.Market you see that everyone tries to be 1 Platinum cheaper than the ones befor, so also no reason to keep the current System, and that DE would earn any money anymore ... There are things like Prime Vault/Access and Tennogen that you can t buy with platinum, so indipendently from this tradingsytem, they have there Parts where they make Money, they even said once that the Prime Vault is a big part of there Earnings. And I also blong to the ppl who invested Money and I will keep doing it, not because I must to keep going, but because I really liike the game and have no problem to invest money in it.

3. (The best one if you ask me, cause I don t see any sense there) Some ppl said, that you have to invest time to make Platinum, so the System would be like that so u have to "Work" to get platinum and dont just have it given to you. First, the time you invest to get Platinum, is the time you invest to farm the things, others would buy from you, not the time you invest to trade it. Second it s a Game, yeah you have to invest time to get things, but "work" ?

The Problems I encountered:

Ppl just don t see that you wrote or are afk. The most common reason ppl want another System, your trade depend on the fact that someone is not just online, but also see that you want to trade, has time right now and that there are no other Problems. There was one trade I could finish, cause the seller had disconects all the time. Just now a trade was not finished, cause it seems like the seller didn t understand what I wanted, and ignored me after I told him, that this were not the parts I asked for. (Event that I noticed later that I made a mistake cause of the diffrent languages of our game, and the first one was right -.-')

So, just to keep this "only trade when you are online", why not let someone only buy something from you when you are online, and you have to confirm before the trade is made by a click. So you could also trade while in a mission. It wouldn t need the whole, we have to get in a groupe thing and still you can t just put all things in an auctionhouse and come back the next day and have just sold all.

Its no solution to allow player trading, but then make the usability crappy. You want ppl to trade or not. If its part of the game, do it right for the players, and don t make it complicated to keep as many of them from doing it.

Also, my wife doesn t speak english, so she belongs to the group of players for wich it is nearly impossible to use this trading System at all. So I do the trading for her, even I hate it.

I hope that this topic is comming back all the time, till the trading is changed. DE is a cool studio with talented Developer, they will find I way if they try.

So then, keep the hate down and tell me where you think I m wrong with my thoughts. I know its a thing of, some want it that way, some want another way, so keep polite in the comments.

Loot on Tennos 🙂

• Like 1

I don't like the trading system either and agree with what you say.

Yesterday I missed out on a good deal because I didn't see the message from the seller. I often have problems with my chat, and don't see most messages unless I sent a message first.

it's annoying when you're doing missions with friends/clanmates and one or more of them are leaving after every mission to trade, making everyone else in the squad wait. especially if the host forgot to leave and drags everyone along to the dojo.

I don't understand why we can't just have an auction house like most other games do (with buy and sell orders). we already have warframemarket to compare prices, an ingame place to sell and buy wouldn't change the prices a lot.

I would rather play the game than waiting for players to be free to trade. it's only two mins here, 5 mins there, but the time adds up. let me throw what I have into an auctions house so I don't have to worry about lost time, chat messages not showing up and making my friends wait for me. the language barrier wouldn't be a problem any more either and it would reduce stress. not everyone likes to interact with strangers.

Edited by Weisszahn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ChaosSabre said:

I mean when most people use a trading market made outside of the game because that one actually works and is not filled with scammers trying to rip off newer players you know something needs to happen.

But doubt we'll ever see something like a auction house. Coz having a free form ingame market like this lets platinum prices for items vary a lot and therefore allows for a better platinum flow. As the system is now it's possible to see people throw like 3k plat at a riven. And boy oh boy will plat fly once people start selling those vidar reactors with perfect rolls.

The current system actually keeps a stable market unlike auction houses which have always lead to massively inflated prices on things because then in come the Chinese gold farmers and their bots which will scoop up anything under X price and flip them for twice the amount which essentially slits the throat of anyone not one of their bots.

Requiring person to person deals you have to actually interact with them on some level which bots can't readily do and yes the external site just make it easier to find general stuff and get a grasp for the current price of things but poking your nose in trade chat can help as well. But in the end you STILL have to interact with them even if it is to message them.

Edited by SilvaDreams
  • Like 1

The current trading system is fine in my opinion.  You sound like you're talking more about trading prime parts rather than rivens which is not something I do often, so I can't comment really comment on that aspect.

I think adding a trading post to your orbiter would solve a lot of the problems that you're talking about though.

Never really trusted the trading system, so I don’t participate in selling things for plat. An AH takes the burden of guilty till proven innocent off the player and puts it on DE when it comes to negative plat(I don’t even allow gifting cause it can be weaponized )

An Auction House type system or anything close to one would destroy any semblance of an economy we have. Simply put we have an infinite supply of everything tradable (and a currently massive stockpile of it all) while there is an incredibly finite demand for all of it.

And to make trading not be the hassle it currently is would only only cause people to list all the spare sets and mods they've had laying around and will result in an incredibly flooded market. Which then results in prices plummeting to their absolute minimum as buyers quickly dry up entirely.

Literally the only ways anything like an AH system could work is if we had inventory limits on mods/parts, resource sinks on tradable items (ducats being required for most things, item durability, etc), and/or reasons to gather multiple sets of the same Prime/mod. All of which would create a game I don't think anybody is here to play.

Just add a store that is available at all times. Limit the items in the store so that players have to continually monitor them and let DE collect all tax for their efforts. This keeps players engaged, DE gets a cut of the sale, and players have a limited way to sell items when they are doing other things.

Path of Exile has a very basic version of this already. Sadly, DE is slowly losing their advantage to other developers that are more in touch with the needs of their community.

EDIT: And to be clear, when I say limit items I mean only allow players to list 1 item for every 5 MR or such. This means a player can trade at MR 3, and can list their first store item at MR 5, 2nd @10, ..., 6th @30. This means that players would still need to manage their store, it just gives them the freedom to not have to manually complete every single trade.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

6 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This is an automatic no. Either you go out of your way to get the Plat or buy it. There is no compromise or middle ground to be had.

This is such a bad excuse for lazy development. Path of Exile has the most basic trading ever and it still makes Warframe's trade chat look like it's Diablo 2 from 20 years ago. Which game has more players/viewers right now? Either DE gets in touch with the needs of its community or they won't have to worry about player trading since their community will go elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

This is such a bad excuse for lazy development.

This has nothing to do with development. This is business. The easiest and best option has to be buying from DE.

If you'd like DE to monetize Warframe the same way as PoE, then you might have a point. Otherwise, you don't.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This has nothing to do with development. This is business. The easiest and best option has to be buying from DE.

If you'd like DE to monetize Warframe the same way as PoE, then you might have a point. Otherwise, you don't.

Business? Warframe is getting crushed by Destiny and PoE right now. My suggestion also removes plat from circulation, whereas now only market puchases do that.

And yes, DE could force the store option to be purchased with plat the same as a premium tab is for PoE.

Only thing I want DE to do is make a seperate chat exclusively for Riven trading.

I hate having to use trade chat and watch my postings get absolutely buried in the copy/paste "WTS GRAM SPALONE-BABAGOO 2000P".

Seriously DE, seperate chat exclusively for only Rivens, it would solve so many issues for me.

• Like 1

DE have made it clear that they do not want a system where either party can trade while offline. There are upsides and downsides to this. However:

10 hours ago, Itsmez said:

I think the current system is fine. I dont have problems with it and im not lazy.

I must heavily disagree for one reason: eye strain. Staring at the bottom left corner of your screen for an upwards of 20 minutes is NOT fun. The mechanics could stay exactly the same but it should have a better, less painful, full-screen UI just to make player's lives better

8 hours ago, trst said:

An Auction House type system or anything close to one would destroy any semblance of an economy we have. Simply put we have an infinite supply of everything tradable (and a currently massive stockpile of it all) while there is an incredibly finite demand for all of it.

And to make trading not be the hassle it currently is would only only cause people to list all the spare sets and mods they've had laying around and will result in an incredibly flooded market. Which then results in prices plummeting to their absolute minimum as buyers quickly dry up entirely.

Literally the only ways anything like an AH system could work is if we had inventory limits on mods/parts, resource sinks on tradable items (ducats being required for most things, item durability, etc), and/or reasons to gather multiple sets of the same Prime/mod. All of which would create a game I don't think anybody is here to play.

I think there would be easy solution for this as making it maybe just as alt trade system for people who dont have time sitting on online status to sell even single thing or buy

idk if someone have played runescape but trade system of "auction house" works very well here with very limited number of listed offers, on f2p worlds you can have listed only 2 offers at once while on p2p worlds 6 offers

here I think it would be enough to have just 2/3 offers listed with single items (like on trade, doesnt matter you have tons of that item, it jsut doesnt stack on trade and will be able to be listed only as single item) or 2 offers for selling and 2 offers for buying

I think this solution would be enough for people who dont have time/power/willings to play market game and be able to list atleast an minimum to trade something while not being forced to buy or sell single item with insanely difference between WTB and WTS requests sometimes

idk what about riven mods or similiar items with big RNG in it like liches, equipment to railjack? whatewher, these things as for their RNG nature in it could be disabled for this system if it would be to high risk for platinum market and so people will stay with trading these things as they are currently

15 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

DE have made it clear that they do not want a system where either party can trade while offline. There are upsides and downsides to this. However:

I must heavily disagree for one reason: eye strain. Staring at the bottom left corner of your screen for an upwards of 20 minutes is NOT fun. The mechanics could stay exactly the same but it should have a better, less painful, full-screen UI just to make player's lives better

FYI, you can resize the chat window. Just click the top right corner of the chat box and drag it to the desired size.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Itsmez:

I think the current system is fine. I dont have problems with it and im not lazy.

Of cause the system works somehow, but this doesn t change that the usability is not given. And i don t see what this has to do with lazy, i thought i already made clear that this is a strange argument. So plz explain whats the point. Thats one of the things i can t see in the other topics.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb peterc3:

This is an automatic no. Either you go out of your way to get the Plat or buy it. There is no compromise or middle ground to be had.

The problem is not that the seller gets automatic platinum. The current problem is that the buyer wasts time because he can do nothing but w8, because if he starts something the seller finishes the mission and now he hast to w8. Or the buyer has to w8. Its lost time anyway. I don t say that my suggestion is the best way, just that the problems are clear and need a solution.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Hiero_Glyph:

Just add a store that is available at all times. Limit the items in the store so that players have to continually monitor them and let DE collect all tax for their efforts. This keeps players engaged, DE gets a cut of the sale, and players have a limited way to sell items when they are doing other things.

Path of Exile has a very basic version of this already. Sadly, DE is slowly losing their advantage to other developers that are more in touch with the needs of their community.

EDIT: And to be clear, when I say limit items I mean only allow players to list 1 item for every 5 MR or such. This means a player can trade at MR 3, and can list their first store item at MR 5, 2nd @10, ..., 6th @30. This means that players would still need to manage their store, it just gives them the freedom to not have to manually complete every single trade.

Yes exactly, the limit we already have no, wich is only raised by leveling. So you couldn t just spam the market cause u have a daily limit at has to update your shop every day. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Pitchers:

No matter how many posts are made of the same, we have been with the same problem for years and nothing was done to fix it ... take it for granted.

Ähhh ... nope 😉

I'd rather have the system we're having right now than dealing with auction house (whatever the variant is). Having an auction house of any kind will destroy the market. I've played a couple games with auction house built in. Either the price of a single item gets destroyed to pieces, practically worthless to trade OR it soars sky high due to someone (or some bots) scooping every single thing, making it monopoly price, almost no in between.

Why current system is better? Relatively stable price, can haggle, you can barter (WTT), value is determined by both parties.

Cons are sometime someone will rob you if you don't have information (we have outside source for that not to happen), text gets buried, missing some potential sales

IMHO, this pros and cons still outweigh the auction house albeit we can still do improvement for the current system (like separate tabs deals and stuff, but that's for another topic I think)