Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 1 – Oct 3, 2013

[DE]Grineeer

Hi guys! Thank you Scott to informing us!

Well this is a good thing which begin now and i hope in the future you share with us so much public information from the background. I know this is not the rightly place to ask but have a minor chance later to be considered a gender swaping on every frames? Because so much player like to play on their normal gender like in real life and that option give us more freedom to play with an ability with own genders. I know this theme is long and sometimes talk about it but i hope you guys will implement this later. I know also is a hard work at least the model making part but i hope others just simpler than this. I also accept your choices if you guys not wish to make at this time but it would be really awesome.

About armor and damage types i am curious what you want do with this and hope it will be better. Have you also guys ideas or lists which mods needs now buff-nerf at this time? I see so much mod now which is now just have but not used by players because of needs or grants which not fit for player wants. I think that you guys know what mods needs this but for an example the metal auger is damn high needs and give use low extras. Ammo-magazine mods also low at this time considered to improve them a little? After the gear system changing that maybe would be good moment to improve the possible limits. 

Trading seems useful if only mods can be exchange. I see two points to this first is that need to be clan thing second is everyone can trading with limitations. If the clan version win then need a clan market dojo to sell the goods and buy others if the other version then i can imagine a place on solar map like the conclave when they individuals can dock and exchange their goods. This two version seems to me good choices and not beign to op for players whom farming the mods.

About new non caster frame  maybe you guys watch recently Xena? :) Sounds good an amazon frame and i also imagine a barbarian male version but have some nice fan concepts also so i hope by the time they will be implemented.

Frame and weapon customization what about your plans? Can you guys add more additional parts to frames and weapons?

I don't know if it is have or talk about but how about the skills, passive skills, general and warframe skills? Some people want an or two additional slot for their weapons and frames about frames with my friends i talk about a passive skill tree which can give a minor boost like the aura and in 30 level you can choose 1-2 skill depends on you guys want to add a general passive slot and a specialization slot. This means these slots with their mods not needing any mod cap point but not giving drastically advantages just can be use to play. About weapons 2 more slot or give a single one like aura slot and that can give to the weapon an improvements or a possibility to change the ability of the weapon. "stat changing what i thought".

For the dojo improvements i have also few minor idea that maybe would be good. About emotes and sit-lay-sleep what is your plans? Can we make tea time on our dojo and new moves will be possible?

At this time this is my all idea thanks for reading and hope you don't be mad at me ^^

Keep doing the good works and wish the bests

Ayu.

This is stunning information! Yay and All Hail Scott!

Thank you ;)

I made a french translation of the blog.

http://www.hydrae-multigaming.com/?p=2976

« Alors, sur quoi je bosse en ce moment?…
Au cours des deux derniers jours, j’ai fini et planifié les quatre prochains « Weekend Events ». Deux d’entre eux seront introduits comme des évènements, mais deviendront des ajouts permanents au jeu.
Le premier arrivera avec notre première mise à jour du mercredi.
On a beaucoup débattu avec Steve des modifications à apporter au système de dégats (Armor 2.0). On a tourné en rond, à propos de ce qui devait être changé, ou fait – d’une violente réécriture complète du système de dégâts à de simples changements qui corrigent quelques trucs. Je pense que nous nous rapprochons d’une solution définitive.
J’éspère que je peux partager avec vous que ca arrive dans les prochains jours – (peutêtre même que je peux convaincre Steve de vous pondre un post au sujet de ces changements, si il est pas trop occupé à les coder).

Le travail a commencé sur le système d’échange!
Je crois qu’on a trouvé une bonne solution. On va commencer petit, et le système s’étendra selon les réactions de la communauté. Les Clans devront créer une « Bourse d’échanges » dans leur Dojo pour pouvoir échanger. Les échanges seront équilibrés, c’est à dire un rare pour un rare par exemple. Pour l’instant, on va se limiter aux Mods, et pièces d’armes et de Frames. On pense ajouter les Blueprints et les ressources, mais ça sera peut être pas pour la V1. Nous pensons aussi ajouter une limite au nombre d’échanges quotidiens pouvant être faits. Plus de détails avec l’avancée du codage et des tests. Je pense que le plan actuel est de l’ajouter en jeu pour la mise à jour #11 (mais ça peut changer!).

Commencé à travailler sur le prochain Warframe. Elle sera de type non-caster.

Je sais que certains d’entre vous vont devenir fous de voir que votre souci n’a pas encore été traité ici. Dans les prochains jours/semaines/mois, j’ai l’intention de vous donner un meilleur aperçu sur le fonctionnement interne du développement de Warframe.

C’est tout pour aujourd’hui, au boulot! »

Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade. Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items. 

This is something so basic and standard I'm amazed it wasn't included from the beginning. There is no other feature I want more. I already know how I'll react. I won't go into detail, but I will warn you that there will be leg humping involved. I never again want to waste days of my life getting nothing but rhino helmets and no systems, all while knowing that someone I know gets all systems and needs a helmet and not being able to do anything about it. A trading system would instantly solve about 80% of the things that make me rage about this game.

Edit: Why only rares for rares? I should be able to trade several uncommons for a rare if I want. That just seems like a random, arbitrary restriction for no good reason.

Edited by Lachryphage

PLEASE, NO! Don't put a daily limit on trading! It ruins the trading idea you know.

But trading itself might ruin the purpose of the game...so limitations have to be made. ALL this game is about is getting better and better gear and then just trying to survive as long as possible in the challenge type missions.

With trading you can take away 80% of the games' purpose...so you gotta be careful.

PLEASE, NO! Don't put a daily limit on trading! It ruins the trading idea you know.

It's actually all right. This game worked without trading and the idea is going to be 'eased in'.

If the daily limit doesn't work then it can be removed, but having the daily limit is an okay start. And I think it'll work anyway.

Well this is a good thing which begin now and i hope in the future you share with us so much public information from the background. I know this is not the rightly place to ask but have a minor chance later to be considered a gender swaping on every frames? Because so much player like to play on their normal gender like in real life and that option give us more freedom to play with an ability with own genders. I know this theme is long and sometimes talk about it but i hope you guys will implement this later. I know also is a hard work at least the model making part but i hope others just simpler than this. I also accept your choices if you guys not wish to make at this time but it would be really awesome.

Nyx was suppose to be female Excalibur

idea was scrapped

idky

Started working on the next Warframe, she will be a non-caster type.

y not make her female excalibur

just to make things easier

(this is a bad suggestion if you guys see excal as a caster type frame)

Edited by blackstraykitten

People who are against limits on trading....look at D3...now back at Warframe....now back at D3.

D3's trading/auction system was so much of a failure that they're now completely removing it again because they lost 81% of their initial playerbase (official numbers and only the initial hype for a big franchise kept the initial buying rush high enough to still make it count as "success" in terms of finances.

Now you might say....well how is that related to Warframe...well a lot. Warframe and D3 are the same in their gaming goal even though they're different genres. In both games you just try to get the best gear for your character and then survive the game in its hardest settings. So in the end they both have a common goal and trading/auctioning can be seen as the same common weakspot that can make or break the game.

And there is yet another point that makes Warframe even more susceptible to this....Warframes' weapon and mod range is low... there isn't a whole lot to get yet in terms of meaningful variety.... there is only 2-3 weapons tops for every weapon slot that is considered great....and only 1-2 mod loadouts that are considered good.

If you throw trading onto that you are not going to have a big playerbase for long...because the majority of the playerbase on any game tends to leave/take a break once they got the best gear possible...and that is extremely easy already in this game.

Edited by Shehriazad

So what am I currently working on?...

Over the last couple of days I have finished up and planned out the next 4 weekend events. 2 of these will be introduced as events but will become permanent additions to the game. The first will be coming on our first Wednesday update.

Been arguing with Steve about damage changes to the game (armor 2.0). We have gone in circles a few times on what we are going to change or do -- anything from a violent rewrite of all the damage systems in the game to simple data changes that fixes a few things. I think we are getting close to settling on a final solution. Hopefully I can share with you guys what that is in the coming days - (maybe I can convince Steve to blast out a post about the coming changes if he’s not too busy implementing them).

Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade. Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items. Currently trading is locked to Mods, plus weapon and Warframe parts. Blueprints and crafting materials are being considered for addition to the system but may not be in version 1. We are also considering putting a daily limit on the number of trades that can be completed. More details coming as this gets implemented and tested. I think the current plan is to roll this out in Update 11 (this may change!)

Started working on the next Warframe, she will be a non-caster type.

I know some of you will be mad that your issue with the game hasn't yet been addressed here. In the coming days/weeks/months I plan to give you more insight on the inner workings of the development of Warframe.

That's it for now, back to work!

Entry 1 - Stardate, 031013. Our voyage is long and arduous thus far, with many casualties along the way. I can't help but feel a presence watching my every blog. Sometimes it feels like a multitude, sometimes beneficent and sometimes malefic. Still, progress is smooth, and although the ember nerf is - OH GOD THE FORUMS! THE FORUMS THEY ARE RAGING! THERE'S FIRE EVERY WHERE! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! SAVE THE HAMSTERS! I MUST SAVE THE HAMSTERS!

P.s. End of log.

Edited by J-Pax

i cant tell you how awesome this kind of feed back is!

but "non-caster"? can you clarify that? because non-caster to me means no abilities. you "cast" radial blind for excal. and iron skin for rhino. and world on fire for ember.

maybe this means the frame will be more passive ability oriented?

thanks for the info. so love casting frames so i'll have to play her to get a feel for her.

also sounds like we are getting halloween events!

also, will there be a way to cancel a build in the foundry? was saving my extra snipetron bp for my friend in my clan for trading but accidentally built it when i was scrolling down looking at items i could build. don't care about getting the parts back, just want to get the bp back so i can give it to him.

Edited by darksithis002

What's a non-caster and caster type in reference to this game anyways?

I'm assuming caster type means magic casting like abilities like psychic bolts, with non-caster meaning physical head on abilities like dash & slash?